Thread: Penance (Possible Spoilers...not exactly sure...)

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Default Penance (Possible Spoilers...not exactly sure...)

Since I can't get ahold of an international version, I have to know. What's the story behind Penance and the Dark Aeons. Are they just "there" or do they have some story behind them?

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

of course, because it's a spiritual thing. the people who use them are bad, but believe are working for the side of good. Therefore.....

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

The basic premise behind the Dark Aeons is that they're the summoned Aeons of Yevon priests who are out to get Yuna. It usually shows some cutscene showing someone summoning the Aeon. The exceptions to this are Bahamut and Anima. Bahamut just appears out of nowhere in Zanarkand, and Anima is found through redoing one of the trials in the cave of trials. Penance has absolutely no back-story, he just appears after you've defeated all of the Dark Aeons, albeit in a rather semi-spectacular manner. There's rumours abound that Penance is the combined essence of all of the Aeons, since rather than simply "fading out" like all other machina, he explodes into what is quite obviously Pyreflies. However this is all purely uncanon and not provable.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

So he's just.....there.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Pretty much. Although he is also there to give you a good challenge.

I wished that they would have released this here (US) as the greatest hits version.

Well you'd have to be mega strong to even consider fighting Penance. I'm pretty sure that 2 of his arms have 5-6m Hp and his main body has 10m Hp. And one of the arms has a deadly arsenal of attacks.

Some of the Dark Aeons arent a pushover either...

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It is like Necron from FFIX. it is what it is, and thou shalt not question what it is.

all you really know about penance is what the name implies, and the implication given by the yevon priests summoning dark aeons. probably something about yuna going against yevon and therefore having to fight some weird god. it has just about as much backstory as any other given superboss in any of the FF games i.e not a lot