Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    It's a decent show. The main problem with it, I think, is that none of the 'heroes' have powers that are at all fresh. Of course, I guess it's hard to come up with a superhero ability these days that hasn't been done in comics already. The premise is all right, but the show isn't nearly as well done as, say Studio 60. But it's hard to be as good as Aaron Sorkin, so maybe that's unfair.
    I think scary mirror lady is kinda fresh. At least I've never seen it done before. But maybe that's cause I DON'T KNOW WTF IS GOING ON WITH HER.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to watch the show and get into it, but I watched too late into the first episode and I'm so confused now.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also, it was so good to see Nora Zehetner guest star on the show. I think she's one of the prettiest, ever. Like a puppy!

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    It's a decent show. The main problem with it, I think, is that none of the 'heroes' have powers that are at all fresh. Of course, I guess it's hard to come up with a superhero ability these days that hasn't been done in comics already. The premise is all right, but the show isn't nearly as well done as, say Studio 60. But it's hard to be as good as Aaron Sorkin, so maybe that's unfair.
    I think scary mirror lady is kinda fresh. At least I've never seen it done before. But maybe that's cause I DON'T KNOW WTF IS GOING ON WITH HER.
    I think Niki is kind of a cross between the Hulk, Jekkyl and Hyde, and The Shadow.

The mirror image doesn't seem to have an animal/beast level intelligence like the Hulk or Hyde had. It's just a more powerful dark aspected mirror image of Nikki that seems to have a some of the same aspects to it that The Shadow had.

Banned

Default What I think...

The show isn't the first of it's kind, it's just the first to use the Deus Ex Machina super-powers found mostly in comics on a Network TV series.

Chrono-kenesis, Procognition, Healing Factor, Union-Powers, Telepathy, Dimensional Crossing Personas.

The characters are pretty much typical character types.

Cheerleader who is more concerned about popularity, and for some reason is extremely fragile. When she was struck by the football player (and I still can think of a logical reason why except..) breaks her neck. Simply another blatant attention-shocker to her 'amazing' power. Girl really needs to up her iron and calcium intake.

My only problem is that I having trouble seeing the show get past it's initial premise of saving the world from a apparent nuclear catastrophe in New York.

Anyway, I'm willing to give it a chance... It's got my attention. I just hope it goes better then Kring's last tv shows...

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So far it has me interested. Hiro is great, and the whole NY explosion thing should keep them busy for a while. The acting isn't that good but I'll take it.

Coming up with original powers would be extremely difficult and just unnecessary. The point of the show is not about the next batch of costumed crime fighters joining together to save the world. It is about how normal people would react to getting such unique gifts.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Hiro = cute cute cute. Unfortunately he has to save New York from a nuclear missle

Peter = *sexes*, 'nuff said.

Niki = Her story so far has been so creepy

Claire = When she stuck her hand in the garberator <3

Anyways, my favourite characters aside, has anyone noticed the helix design showing up alot. It was in the code on Suresh's computer, the pool vacuum was arranged in the shape of it at the murdered family's home, one of Isaac's pictures was of it. HMMMM?

I missed the preview for next week's episode (#3), someone fill me in on what it showed?

I also like how gory and graphic the show is, it's excellent.

EDIT: And I've deduced that Peter's power is stealing other people's powers, kinda like Rogue of X-Men. I mean, after he touched Nathan he could fly, then after he touched Isaac he drew the picture of him flying from the edge towards Nathan and that wound up happening. Coincidence? I think not.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Good call on Peter. You might be right.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My friend has been raving about this, but I still haven't caught it. I'd really like to check it out, though. Maybe I'll hit up the torrent sites.

Are they going to show the second episode again on Friday like they did last week?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think so. You can also get it at NBC.com.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

ROCK ON
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

Articles

I'm pretty sure you can also catch it on Friday nights on Sci-Fi.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

It's on at 7 pm, I think
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

haha I made a topic on this!
    But oh dear god! This is one of the best series I've ever seen!!!! My favorite is Hiro as well! And just watching the (mirror) lady drives me insane! Isn't this shoe intense?!
    [leeza]Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field...again...and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them. This is over the filesize limit.[/leeza]