Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Heroes

Articles

Hiro did mention (SPOILER)that Peter looked different without the scar. O_O The only power Sylar displayed that hasn't been displayed by anyone else is the telekinesis, but there's plenty of time to remedy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paro View Post
    Here's a whacked out theory for you:

Sylar is Peter from the future.

Sylar seems to have many different powers. Perhaps in the future as Peter gains better control over his powers he is able to use them at will. He also becomes evil or insane and the rest of the Heroes band together to stop him. In the moment of his defeat, Peter uses Hiro's time travel abilities to go back in time. There he starts killing all the Heroes before they band together to stop him.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    That makes no sense. Peter is waaaaay too pretty to ever become ugly Sylar. And also the whole time compression thing.

We have seen Sylar to have several very different powers, which include flight, telekenesis and possibly tissue regeneration. One explaination could be that Sylar has very similar powers to Peter, some kind of power mimicry. Apparently Sylar has found a way to permenantly absorb the powers of others, possibly by removing their brian and infusing their DNA with his? (or eating it?)

After last night's episode of Hiro's time travel, seeking out Peter, it made me suspect that Sylar is actually Peter from the future. Peter in the future, somehow managed to teleport himself back in time to the present (with Hiro's Powers) however, back in the present, he is unable to return to the future (since Hiro is not present in the present Peter is in). He seeks out the elder Suresh and learns a great deal of his power and even how to permenantly absorb powers of others. He uses his research to try to amass as much power as possible, by locating as many "special people" as possible, while assuming the identity of his first victim, the real Paul E/F. Sylar.

The future Hiro and other Heroes do not know that the future Peter has travelled to the past and became Sylar. Only Hiro himself (with his abilities) has noticed that the Time space continium has been changing. He travels back in time to warn the good Peter that something will happen to Claire after which will make Sylar almost invincible (hence save the cheerleader) and start the chain of events that lead to an apocalyptic future (hence save the world).<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_44323--><!-- THE POST -->

Go Hiro.

However, the multiple personality lady's only power so far seems to be multiple personalities. The druggie/artist/prophet is cool, too.

Ah yeah. I forgot about the artist, he was mad cool... hmm no corpal tunnel for him. The woman with two people in her (I cal her other side the "ego") I don't really understand her power much though...

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Paro, your theory isn't entirely ludicrous, but I don't think that's a direction that would make sense for this show.

The episodes keep getting better, I think this show has promise.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Paro, your theory isn't entirely ludicrous, but I don't think that's a direction that would make sense for this show.

The episodes keep getting better, I think this show has promise.
    I agree, the theory makes alot of sense, except for a few things.

A) As Miriel pointed out, Peter is far to ridiculously sexy to ever become Sylar.

B) Why would Peter go on this insane killing rampage?

Articles

zomg, someone was right about (SPOILER)Eden!

I just saw the new one yesterday. Apparently, the dual-personality woman gets insane strength when her other personality takes over.

Also, I thought her incorporeal ex-husband is pretty cool.

Maybe that Nuclear Bomb that's supposed to destroy New York isn't a bomb after all...

Okay, just throwing this out there, but remember what Radioactive Man said to FBI Lady when she threatened to shoot him? Maybe he'd blow up? Well, maybe he will. Maybe he ends up being the mushroom cloud.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Paro you sure have no lack for theories.

These last couple episodes have been kind of stale. It seems like the writers had a great idea for the start, and likely have a great idea for the finish, but don't have much for the in between. I like what's going on with the cop, and Sareesh (not in this episode ), and of course Hiro (ver little in this episode), but I don't like the Simone/Peter interaction and I think Nikki's storyline is boring. I'm not really sure where she fits into all of this.

I think that the show's pace is actually fast- maybe TOO fast for a season-long series; things like the revelation of Eden being "evil" or the Homecoming thing happening on episode 9, came faster than I expected. Let's hope it doesn't lose steam too soon.

I was surprisingly entertained by the new stuff on the Petrellis in this episode. At first I didn't like these characters much, but this ep made them much more interesting. Now we know that Nathan has a wife that was paralyzed in a car accident which might have been his fault; this both explains his affair with Nikki but also makes him a bigger dick. Or does it? His wife seems to be the manipulative type too; she agrees to his exploting his family tragedies, even hers, for his campaign. Though she seemed mad at his infidelity, it looks like she can tell he's lying to her, but is taking it in stride... Btw, am I the only one who gets a bad vibe from their mother as well? She came across as kinda cold when she revealed Peter's father's suicide to him, and seems to agree to all the family manipulations as well. She may be the reason Nathan is who he is- a man who believes in doing whatever it takes for power, but isn't quite as unfeeling as he thinks he is. Peter using the interview, and his own "mental" problems, to save his brother from an scandal AND get him to cooperate with him, was brilliant- about time we saw him be smart and daring as well! Yeah, I find the Petrellis much more interesting now.

Speaking of Peter, I wonder if that dream/near-death sequence at the beginning is hinting at some spirituality in the show; since I hear that Mohinder will be having strange dreams as well.

On the other hand, the whole thing with Claire's tape was pathetic. How come her friend only now found the tape? (Unless Bennet arranged it that way.) Claire freaking out only alerted her brother that something was wrong. And what kind of brother is he that he's willing to staple his sister's hand to find out if she can regenerate? And why didn't Claire bitch-slap him right there like any normal person would do? (And she didn't have to remove the staple in front of him, either.) Then he runs out like he knows his sister is a brain-sucking alien or something -oh, and holds on to the tape to make money out of it, too!- Worst of all, just a few sad words from Claire get him to snap out of it. Sorry, this was pretty weak, especially next to the Petrelly stuff.

Speaking of weak stuff, once again, we have an unbelievable coincidence in that, not only DL happens to find a car accident that needs him to be a hero (right after he was arguing with his son what a good guy is) BUT Hiro happens by just in time to save them! OK, it was fun, but the way the characters keep meeting by circumstance is getting annoying. My big fear is that in the end, the World might be saved, not by the power or courage of the "heroes" but due to another coincidence. I'm starting to hope that there IS a higher power influencing events in the show...

And no, I don't think Radioactive Guy is Sylar, either. Too easy. And yes, it WAS stupid for Matt and the FBI woman to go looking for him on their own. Then again, going to see your bedridden wife when you can't control your lethal powers wasn't terribly smart, either. And how convenient was that Matt's telepathy helped to get him to reason by speaking for his wife- would YOU have believed him?

Matt's wife's affair DID surprise me, thought. Should've seen it coming, but I didn't.

And finally, we confirm that Micha has powers! Interesting ones, too. However, I see a tragedy in Nikki/DL/Micha's future. One of them will probably kill the other- or Nikki might commit suicide.

Don't you think that erasing people's memories of their being kidnapped is kinda pointless if you BRAND them in the process? If I wake up with a tattoo I don't remember getting, I would get mighty suspicious about it.

Claire cant think normally because despite what she or anyone else thinks she is different from everyone else in her family, can you imagine keeping a secret like that at her age, im surprised she didnt slip up earlier lol

The one person that is really bugging me is Peter, all his preaching about saving the world and how were all connected is really bugging me now, cool for a few episode but getting anoying now

and his brother is a dick, fullstop! Willing to put family aside, or rather selling them out to win an election and on top of that willing to exploit them to get the sympathy vote is just.....his just a dick! Doesnt really justify cheating with someone else!

These few episodes have been abit slow, the pacing for the characters is ok but the overall arc of the show is begining to slow down...alot...

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paro View Post
    Maybe that Nuclear Bomb that's supposed to destroy New York isn't a bomb after all...

Okay, just throwing this out there, but remember what Radioactive Man said to FBI Lady when she threatened to shoot him? Maybe he'd blow up? Well, maybe he will. Maybe he ends up being the mushroom cloud.

I thought that the instant he said "maybe I'll blow up."

As for all the Peter haet, you're all fools. I was so happy when he decided to not be wearing a shirt in a portion of this episode.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can't wait to see the climax of this save the cheerleader stuff. They better not two part it.