Thread: Heroes

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think the show is that deep. I think they'll stop the explosion. But you never know.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only outcome to Hiro's little blast to the past can be failure. If he managed to save the waitress, she never would have died in the first place. So it wouldn't make any sense for him to have succeeded in his goal. Which sucks cause I thought the waitress was cute and her power would be one I'd want myself.

As for Jackie. You KNEW she wasn't going to survive after she said that line, "we were BFFs". C'mon!

I can't watch this show...cuts into my RAW time...but it looks cool! ...right?

Am I the baddest? Am I the greatest?
    Sho'nuff

I do. I'll watch pretty much anything with real or fake violence. But, this is the first time in like two months I had the chance to sit down and watch RAW so I jumped at it...now I remember why I am a TNA fan.

Am I the baddest? Am I the greatest?
    Sho'nuff

Okay, maybe it didn't give us everything we wanted but, good grief, I give the writers an A+ for explaining some things.

(SPOILER)
    I knew from the moment that I saw him that Gabriel Gray was going to be Sylar. How does he accquire the powers? We don't know that yet. That's for a future episode. Gabriel seems to be highly intelligent and figured out how to siphon the powers from other Heros through their brains.

I was disappointed that Hiro couldn't change Charlie's fate. I think that somehow his emotional feelings for her got in the way. Hiro was about to kiss Charlie when he transported back to the future. When he realized what happened and tried to teleport again, he was unable to do so. I believe Hiro's emotions negated his power somehow. As for showing up back up at the diner having arrived by bus, that's being a little too picky IMHO. We don't know when he arrived back in Japan and it certainly took him a while to get to the U.S. They just left that out for the sake of time.

We don't know enough about Nathan and Peter yet truly. I think Nathan wants to protect his family's image too much. His father's death perhaps gave him an easy out from prosecuting Linderman.

We had no forward movement on whether Jessica shoots DL. There can only be so much in one episode. I don't think they will get rid of DL so easily.

The Haitan seems to be able to block the Heros' powers as seen with Eden. I thought that was cool. HRG is so calm when he was talking to her even when she tried to use her persusive power. He knew nothing would happen because the Haitian was there.

Sylar is now captive. What becomes of him? That remains to be seen. I can't wait to see what they will do with him. Will he escape somehow? Will they convince him to be a good guy? I doubt it. Sylar is too proud of being important and powerful.

I am looking forward to next week. But disappointed that it will be the last one until the new year. I love this show!<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_96833--><!-- THE POST -->

I think Peter will somehow run into the radioactive guy and gain his powers and then something will happen so Peter will blow up New York. Seems Peter can gain powers from people once has has touched them.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hiro's time-traveling storyline plus his in-and-out accent is making me sad.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

T_T

Just... T_T

Charlieeeeee. I liked her and Hiro.

That was a very nice episode. I was a little skeptical of a "six months ago" episode, but it revealed SO MUCH about quite a bit of the characters. (SPOILER)I really want to know more about Sylar now. Terrifying, <i>and</i> interesting. Yay!

I'm really interested in seeing where exactly Nikki/Jessica play into all of this with all the work they've put into her character.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some thoughts:

Nikki/Jessica: I don't think that the dual personality thing is part of her power. Because what the hell kind of power allows you to absorb the personality of a dead sister? More likely, Nikki is someone is who is actually mentally ill (Dissociative Identity Disorder) but in ADDITION to her mental instability, she also has super human strength. I think the super strength is her power, the dual personality thing is just a normal psychotic break that probably resulted from the abuse of her childhood coupled with the trauma that came with the death of Jessica. So now we've got a super "hero" who is actually mentally unstable. Cool.

Hiro/Charlie: I am very sad that Charlie did not stick around to become a regular on the show, because her power was probably the one I admired the most. On the issue of Hiro and the time-traveling business. It's all pretty ridiculous. So many holes it might as well be swiss cheese. So yeah, I'm not even gonna get into all the paradoxes involved in Hiro's time-traveling because apparently, the writers aren't thinking about it as well. Let's just say I'm pretty disappointed with how they're carrying it out. And no way, no how can a Japanese guy who has lived his entire life in Japan come to learn English so quickly, and not only that but it is one of the most difficult things to lose an ACCENT so quickly. It might be possible that Hiro is just a natural at learning English. That's one thing. But to lose the Japanese accent so quicky? It's ridiculous and it takes me right out of the scene when he speak with near perfect English like he did right before Charlie kissed him. Also regarding the kiss, BOO! You hardly ever see inter-racial kissing on network TV. Let alone an Asian man kissing a white girl. Sucks to be Hiro.

Big Brother Petrelli: I loved the scene in the car. Talk about fight or flight response! Dang, that was great. It also explains pretty clearly why he's such a huge asshole and why he hates his ability so much. I mean imagine the guilt he must carry after what happened. He saved himself but left his wife to crash. Whether this was completely involuntary and instinct just took over, or some part of his mind knew he had to choose self-preservation over anything else, that must be quite a load to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Nikki/Jessica: I don't think that the dual personality thing is part of her power. Because what the hell kind of power allows you to absorb the personality of a dead sister? More likely, Nikki is someone is who is actually mentally ill (Dissociative Identity Disorder) but in ADDITION to her mental instability, she also has super human strength. I think the super strength is her power, the dual personality thing is just a normal psychotic break that probably resulted from the abuse of her childhood coupled with the trauma that came with the death of Jessica. So now we've got a super "hero" who is actually mentally unstable. Cool.
    Wow, that hasn't even crossed my mind. I really dig that theory.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm telling you, Hiro stops time and spends ages and ages studying English. He lost the accent right after he stopped to make all the swans. He must have been reading a lot or something.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I'd say we know enough about how Sylar acquires his powers.

I also think Peter is the only one who can combat Sylar. I expect another showdown.

I agree with Miriel's conclusions on Nikki - I was thinking the same thing.

I'm really interested in Mr. Bennet and the Haitian now. Extremely fascinating.