Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVIA new features!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    Figaro Castle submerges and begins traviling underground.
    "We hit something [ancient castle]"
    "Oh Shi-!"

*game over*
    Actually they hit your mom.

Several times. :chef:
    I went exploring in your mom's "cavern" ;D

I'm guessing that extra boss is going to be Emperor Gestahl.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It's unfortunate how much data is lost by scaling the resolution down to that of the GBA screen. It's not a huge deal in the field, but prettymuch all of FFVI's battle backgrounds look relatively bland without that top third of the screen. Just look at the shots from the Orthros battle: the cliffs surrounding the river have been completely cropped out, leaving you with just the raft and the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    It's unfortunate how much data is lost by scaling the resolution down to that of the GBA screen. It's not a huge deal in the field, but prettymuch all of FFVI's battle backgrounds look relatively bland without that top third of the screen. Just look at the shots from the Orthros battle: the cliffs surrounding the river have been completely cropped out, leaving you with just the raft and the water.
    I don't get why Square isn't going to fix that.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    O crap, true...I didn't realize it at a first glance.
    Well, that means there's still something left that makes the old SNES version worth playing.
    Also, I think that the SNES's sound quality is still overall better than that of the GBA, right?
    Anyway, from what I've seen so far, the in-game scripts look exactly the same.

Typically, FFIV and VI get naff all added, while VI gets [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]loads

Netherless, I like what Ive read :O

New Job availability? ftw?

I hope those last two character slots get filled, or redone to be gone. Banon and some other dude, ftw. I see the face portraits are simply reworked, which is kinda a dissapointment, from what I can see of Locke's portrait. Kefka's face portrait...hmm, he never had a portrait in the original (Hacking him into your party resulted in him with a Terra portrait)

I like the idea that the dungeon is basically a second Phoenix Cave/Kefka's Tower type of dungeon, I loved being able to use all those characters at once (those poor two that got left behind)

I also hope that Umaro/Gogo will now be able to use Espers to increase their stats, it always annoyed me to no end that they could not.

m also very curious as to how the "3-D" ish world map will be portrayed while on a chocobo or airship, will it be improved greatly, or removed entirely? Also, those ugly Serpent Trench scenes, and the dreadful railway scene (It gave me a headache )

Time shall tell..

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reine View Post
    m also very curious as to how the "3-D" ish world map will be portrayed while on a chocobo or airship, will it be improved greatly, or removed entirely?

Time shall tell..
    I doubt it would be removed, as the GBA's capabilities is a little bit better than SNES. I would hope the sound is as good as it was in FFIVA. That's awesome that Gilgamesh and Leviathan are in it, it would be real cool to see extra characters, too.

The only thing I don't like about the GBA FF's is being that the monsters are the size of a thumbtack, and the print extremely small, it really kills my eyes when playin DoS or IVA. I think I'll stick to my PSX version, maybe I'll get this in a year or two when it's rediculously cheap.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    Also, I think that the SNES's sound quality is still overall better than that of the GBA, right?
    Yes, it's highly superior. GBA synth sounds like nails on a chalkboard unless some serious effort is applied, and even then, it pales in comparison to that of the SNES.

It's great to finally see some concrete info with screens on this one, as this is one of my most anticipated games of the known future. The addition of new Espers is cool and all...but I honestly doubt there will be new spells to go along with them, so it's a little bit superfluous. They'll probably accompany Zoneseek and Golem in the auction house, or possibly be acquired in the new dungeon. The monster arena doesn't sound too appealing, but I guess we'll see.

Perhaps the new enemy, could be Culex???
    Just a thought. But sounds cool.
    But the Magicite sounds rather odd. If they don't add Magic will they split some of the others magic over the new additions?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post

GBA Additions
    New Magicite:
    Popular Final Fantasy series characters Gilgamesh and Leviathan can be summoned into battle

Extra Dungeon
    Search underneath the earth with thee parties! But a formidable enemy awaits you there...

Monster Gauntlet Floor
    Series of battles involving all monsters and bosses fought to this point. Set a new record for the party you've raised!
    Awesome stuff I like that Leviathan and Gilgamesh are added

I wonder who this "formidable enemy" is. I have a feeling it will be (SPOILER)General Leo

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

If magic is gone at the end of FF6, that means that we will have to go on that dungeon without any magic?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Not like it'd be hard with Bum Rush spamming.

Does anyone know whether or not stats for characters will go up naturally without levelling up with espers? (Stamina, Speed, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    Does anyone know whether or not stats for characters will go up naturally without levelling up with espers? (Stamina, Speed, etc.)
    Equipping some espers have leveling up bonuses. It's optional but recommended

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html