Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for all the sams out there

Default for all the sams out there

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...87/detail.html

Our christmas has arrived! This single update has pulled me out of retirement. So how does everyone feel about this.
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

awesome!

I might have to try this Samurai out one day.

Many people speculate that /sam might rival /nin as the sub of choice for melees - especially for two handed weapon users. I wonder, will a buffed up /sam be enough to get warriors using great axes again? You figure, the 3rd Eye buff is the answer for intermittent hate gain in TP parties (when there's no main tank and hate bounces), and unlike /nin, the other new and/or enhanced job abilities/traits should do more than dualweild for enhancing damage.
    Knock yourselves down.

Lets just say i am excited, this not only revives the SAM job for me in extra abilities and improvements....but also offers new potential for SAM as a subjob. This is great news indeed. :3

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Im guessing if any job starts takeing /sam over /war it is gunna be mnks for the extra acc and speed to up there already huge dot not to mention Zanshin may be able to proc for both of mnks hits as unlikely as it would go off twice in a row. I would love to see this revitalize the Gaxe wars since i love war but hate /nin (personal reasons). right now im trying to get the 3 hit katana (soboru?) so i can have some fun in ballista.

sorry about any spelling and gramar as i am quite retarded when it comes to that
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

I dont see why a MNK would want to sub SAM as it seems to me that SAM as a sub benefit two hander weapons, not hand to hand(Martial Arts is deadly enough as it is). However DRGs, DRKs, and especially WARs(really hope so) should be able to take full advantage of this.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That would be nice because I really don't feel like levelling up my axe skill to be a WAR/NIN since I've used great axe exclusively all the way to 30.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

i realy dont see a reason for wars not to sub sam. warriors are naturaly better with gaxe and with hasso their dot will go up quite nicely. also third eye is naturaly getting reduced to 30 seconds and while seigan is in effect it will again be halved to 15 second recast with the chance of keeping shadows and a chance of counter attacking this should help with the survivablility of not going /nin and increase dot if countering.

and about my last post yeah i relized aftter i posted that h2h is not considered a 2 handed weapon
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

hmmm, wow, this will help out the DRG aswell ?

interesting indeed.

What about subbing this for PLD? Could this rival /war or will /war still be the main one to use? Just wondering...
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

pally is pretty much stuck with /war now and forever aside from the rare pld/nin in the higher lvs. besides this update pretty much only affects 2h weapons so unless you use a staff or gsd (shudders at the thought) pallys only benifit from this update would be Zanshin and meditate.

this just in....well probably several hours ago

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...96/detail.html

rng and drg getting a boost and absorb tp is getting adjusted (possible right out nerf) with plans for a smn change. its gunna be a exciteing time
    Thomas A. Edison wrote:

Untrue you can sub BLU or RDM to PLD once RDMs get Refresh to tank over /WAR. But in general i dont see this changing for PLD unless they use GSword to DD in merit pts.

Tsusaka: Yes.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Wait? Could this mean? That SAM's might have a shot of being real tanks now post jungles when properly set up?

Well probably not. But would be cool to see SAM as an alternitive, rather then waiting for the NIN's and PLD's to pop up.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I would be quite happy to see SAM become a viable option for tanks. The game definitely needs more flexibility with tanks. NIN and PLD as the *only* options ('cause no post-40 WAR will ever tank), and there's so many jobs that have potential that people just need to give a shot.

I'm still holding out for an update for PUPs, 'cause from the way I understand it, they can make a pretty awesome tanks if they (and their automatons) are properly equipped.

I've also had a BLU/NIN tank, but I'd be more interested in seeing if they could pull it off as BLU/WAR. I suppose it's quite dependent on the type of equipment available to BLU. I haven't really looked into it, but I imagine they get heavy enough armor. Then it's just a matter of keeping cocoon up. God knows BLU has enough hate gathering spells. With provoke on top of it, they'd be able to keep the hate nicely, while probably dishing out more damage than the other tanks are capable of.

Too bad people aren't open minded enough for this stuff.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I want to be a BLU/WAR!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum