Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay Value

Default Replay Value

Im still in the early stages in the game, but im wondering when you beat the game - can you still keep playing? Im trying to ask if theres much replay value - or if it just ends. I also am wondering if there is a movie mode or something so i can just view the awesome CG. Thanks.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The game does indeed just end, however, before you go to the final area to fight the final boss, you might want to investigate Spira as there are lots of subquests to be done. What I do for all FFs is save it at this point, fight the final boss, and then after beating the game I reload and then take on all the subquests.

There is indeed a movie mode, in the Sphere Theater in Luca, you can buy every movie, and every song, and you can watch/listen to them at your leisure.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yup. Well, the replay value isn't all that great, but I loved it so much I played it at least 12 times. Now I'm going to see if it lets me play with the DDR mat.
    The only thing that bugs me is you can't skip the cutscenes. I love them to death, but I've practically memorized them by now.

kk awesome will do. Thanks for tip about luca theater as well.

Yes I think it has great replay value. It would take at least 300 hours to get everything done.

I think it had a pretty good replay value,but X-2's was much much better!

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

No, you can't buy every song. But you can buy some that aren't on the OST.
    For Example:
    Can't: Seymour Battle, any Hymn of the Fayth
    Can: Hum of the Fayth (Tidus hums the Hymn)
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nosebleed View Post
    For Example:
    Tidus sings that!?I thought it was just some random SE exec.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nosebleed View Post
    For Example:
    you also cant buy the "otherworld" song at the zanarked scene and the battle with braskas final aeon

Seymour :Spira...is a land of suffering and sorrow caught in a spiral of death. To destroy.. to heal -- Spira, I will become Sin

The only thing that avoid you from playing is Tidus. And you can't buy Suteki Da Ne too eventhough, the FMV where Tidus and Yuna have their 'special moment' can be buy

I'm starting to like FFX back, maybe another replay will help. But I still hate Tidus and Rikku. Somehow, I'm starting to hate FFX-2 back.

*Do a ritual to call LunarWeaver*

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

i think the replay value is good cos by the time uve played thru the game n mastered it uve forgotten all the little details in the story and want to play it again

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by CodeVeroby View Post
    you also cant buy the "otherworld" song at the zanarked scene and the battle with braskas final aeon
    Although it is featured in a movie sphere you can buy, as is Suteki Da Ne.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1 View Post
    Yup. Well, the replay value isn't all that great, but I loved it so much I played it at least 12 times. Now I'm going to see if it lets me play with the DDR mat.
    The only thing that bugs me is you can't skip the cutscenes. I love them to death, but I've practically memorized them by now.
    Yeah, before I knew to start against Yunalesca's third form with zombified characters, repeatedly watching that (roughly) ten minute scene before the fight really started to get on my nerves...

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

What seymour battles aren't on the OST? There's a different one for every battle :P
    I'm pretty sure Seymour's Last Stand is there, but I don't own it so I don't know.

There is no replay value in the sense of FFX-2 where you can start a new game and carry over stuff or anything like that, not legit or non glitching anyway.

Its a traditional "FF" in that the game obviously just ends like the rest, I wont spoil the ending but all I can say is that the FMV and CS in this FF are probably the worst I have ever seen when it comes to the 3d FF games in fact I found it very cheap end game only, not the other stuff when I saw the ending for the first time I felt empty, when I saw ff 8's ending and cs's I was blown away for a while, that does not mean I have anything against this awsome game which I even imported for the extras.

Now if you are playing the NA version, sadly there really is not a whole lot to do, side quest wise or stat maxing...even with a certain semi hard boss you can unlock in a place through capturing monsters.

If you have the Euro or Japanese version ( international since there are two jp versions ) then you get a whole new grid which is highly fun to play around with, this alone adds a more real replay value to the game because you can easily make people any job you want from the get go, however there is still lvl spheres in your way so its not 100% freedom imo...and you get to fight all the dark aeons and a final boss named penance, some monster stats are changed a little here and there too.

In the international version you are kinda forced to stat max your characters in order to survive, true there is zamato but that is the gimp way out, if you feel like taking a chance without using any strategy or skill, go ahead...your still a gimp^^

The last stuff obviously adds tons of hours more play ( I would say at least 50 ) with stat maxing, there are simpler ways to max them through tricks which I have not tried, either way int does add alot more value to the game, but compared to the extras in x-2 international these extras are just "good" nothing really great to be honest.

Take your time, enjoy the game and try to explore and do everything there is to do in the game, that is where you will get the most value over time.
    Redemption is a word that has no meaning here, your lord and master is my dog and we feed him. Your journey takes you inside your own nerve centre and exists through your soul, life or death they both have their purpose, leaving a trail of destruction is both easier and more effective when the ultimate goal is not disclosed that way everyone in your way may be your final chance for sport, like this one. I hear what you say and although the words are there, I think that I can only truely understand you when I hear you scream those words.

-Biohazard: The Catalysis