Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lads vs Omega Weapon

Default The Lads vs Omega Weapon

Battle Omega and survive his Terra Break without the need of summoning GFs, Invulnerbility, Limit-Breaks, or even the Item command!

This video clip shows how it's done... and the Lads make Omega look like an untamed kitten.

Check it out.... here

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Sry, I dun bother to click and watch.

Just use Defend. Everyone knows that.

That was cool.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Watching that Video has convinced me to give this game another go (I hated it the first time I played it).

The dialogue on screen, Is that from the actual game or has it been added?

Quote Originally Posted by Znake View Post
    Watching that Video has convinced me to give this game another go (I hated it the first time I played it).

The dialogue on screen, Is that from the actual game or has it been added?
    Added, unfortunately.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Just use Defend. Everyone knows that.
    Defend creates problems ... everyone knows that

I'll explain further shall I?

It's a Command that must be given, which, when everyone is under haste with a high SPD stat, means that you need to do it repeatidly while idly waiting for Omega to perform his Terra Break.

That means there is a chance of Omega getting in his move before you can instruct all three characters to repeatidly go into Defend mode.

Furthermore, it means that you can't have a player in Beserk mode, which saves a lot of time in a no Limit-Break game.

Blog Entries

OMFG! Title in teh pozt!111 lol

Quote Originally Posted by SacredNic View Post
    Defend creates problems ... everyone knows that

I'll explain further shall I?

It's a Command that must be given, which, when everyone is under haste with a high SPD stat, means that you need to do it repeatidly while idly waiting for Omega to perform his Terra Break.

That means there is a chance of Omega getting in his move before you can instruct all three characters to repeatidly go into Defend mode.

Furthermore, it means that you can't have a player in Beserk mode, which saves a lot of time in a no Limit-Break game.
    It's true that a character in Berserk can't use Defend, but that doesn't really change the fact that Defend actually IS the best way to, well... "defend" against Terra Break.

Also, using 3 characters is overrated.

NOW, IT'S WAKA-WEAPON TIME!!!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO0SdGVTrkA

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbuSdiRw-3I

FileFront: http://files.filefront.com//;6000315;;/

Note: I just recorded this video to show that Defend actually IS the best way to go vs Omega Weapon, and to force you to listen to Waka-Laka in 13 mins and 49 seconds! Since I haven't played FFVIII in about a year or so, until now, my timing with the Renzokuken is TOTALLY off.

And you MUST turn the music up to teh maxxx!111one while watching this video. Waka Laka RULES!!!

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

Wow, point proven
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    And you MUST turn the music up to teh maxxx!111one while watching this video. Waka Laka RULES!!!
    For health and safety reasons, no one should ever turn up any music beyond my user name.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

It's true that a character in Berserk can't use Defend, but that doesn't really change the fact that Defend actually IS the best way to, well... "defend" against Terra Break.
    ... interesting...

I didn't know that the character actually remains in Defend mode until another command is given.

NOW, IT'S WAKA-WEAPON TIME!!!

Note: I just recorded this video to show that Defend actually IS the best way to go vs Omega Weapon, and to force you to listen to Waka-Laka in 13 mins and 49 seconds! Since I haven't played FFVIII in about a year or so, until now, my timing with the Renzokuken is TOTALLY off.
    It was painful to listen to.

Thanks for that.

In terms of you showing me how effective DEFEND is, I agree with you - it is the most effective. However, you raised this issue initially with your first post within this thread, and by doing so you overlooked the main reason as to why I made my video in the first place....

I wanted to show a more challenging and innovative way to defeat Omega, not to show the most effective. In essence, DEFEND is no different to Invulnerbility.
    Last edited by SacredNic; 10-11-2006 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

In terms of you showing me how effective DEFEND is, I agree with you - it is the most effective. However, you raised this issue initially with your first post within this thread, and by doing so you overlooked the main reason as to why I made my video in the first place....

I wanted to show a more challenging and innovative way to defeat Omega, not to show the most effective. In essence, DEFEND is no different to Invulnerbility.
    True, I just wanted to point it out, that's all. In solo VS Omega, Defend is absolutely necessary.

Since Omega is such a pushover when fought normally, it's good that there's people actually come up with more challanging ways to beat him, rather than just having a party with maxed stats and holy wars and going like "OMG! I beat Omega! I rule!" etc. I always fight Omega with some kind of handicap myself. For example, in the Waka-Weapon video I do it with solo-Squall, and no other status-junctioning than Str and Def etc.

However, to be honest I'm not sure if I'd personally consider not summoning GFs, using Invulnerbility, Limit-Breaks, Item command or defend etc, to be all that hard, though. And neither was my solo-Squall thingy either. Both are, in fact, pretty easy. The fact that you don't use Limmit-Breaks means the battle will take a whole lot longer, but as long as you're sure you'll survive, that's not a problem to worry about.

For something really tough, I'd recomend:

-No hero/holy war items.
    -No status-effecting junctioning.
    -No ability-junctioning, ONLY "command" junctioning is allowed.
    -Only the least powerful weapons.
    -No "The End" or "Armagedon Fists".

That's the toughest way I've done it so far. I did it about 2 years ago or something like that.

Edit: Also, Defend is far from being as cheap as the invurnability moves, as all magics still can dammage you. And you can't perform any actions as long as you're in defend.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 10-11-2006 at 09:19 PM.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

awesome strategy. omega weapon saying "waka laka!" is the most evil thing i've ever seen. that video has corrupted my black heart even further and killed my soul with the type of kill where theres no chance of returning. it makes me feel warm inside!

thats an awesome and funny video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

True, I just wanted to point it out, that's all. In solo VS Omega, Defend is absolutely necessary.
    It was so cheesy I overlooked the fact that it was also a bit of a slap in the face for me as well. Go figure :P

Edit: Also, Defend is far from being as cheap as the invurnability moves, as all magics still can dammage you. And you can't perform any actions as long as you're in defend.
    Yeah.

Still, where the hell did they think of such a move. Oh, he just stands there holding his sword out while taking no harm upon him despite that someone is slashing him to bits with [insert weapon/attack here] :rolleyes2

Blog Entries

Still, where the hell did they think of such a move. Oh, he just stands there holding his sword out while taking no harm upon him despite that someone is slashing him to bits with [insert weapon/attack here] :rolleyes2
    Well, there IS a big rainbow-coloured sheild in the activation-animation, though. And it's not like, for example, a dog being able to revive you and make you invincible in more beliveable. It's final "FANTASY", after all.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Interesting strategy.

Str8 Pimpin'