Thread: The Nine

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Default The Nine

Did anyone watch the premier?

I'm ridiculously curious as to what happened inside the bank, especially with the scissors that gleamed over the one womans face for a split-second flash back.

I think the idea of this show is excellent, and seeing the characters change and struggle with the psychologic trauma brought on by their ordeal.

So far my favourite characters are the teenage girl who can't remember anything, and the detective (?) who sort of tried to act like the whole thing didn't effect her.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I watched it, and while I liked it, I had major grips with how quickly the show was moving. I think in an effort to hook people into the show and give off that "intense" fast-paced sorta feel, they took it too far. The cuts were too quick, the scenes moved too fast, you couldn't really grab a hold of anything, not the characters, not the situation, it was waaaay too MTV-esque.

I'm positive that they'll slow it down and really dig into things as the season gets going, but the Premiere just seemed like they were trying too hard.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I watched it, and while I liked it, I had major grips with how quickly the show was moving. I think in an effort to hook people into the show and give off that "intense" fast-paced sorta feel, they took it too far. The cuts were too quick, the scenes moved too fast, you couldn't really grab a hold of anything, not the characters, not the situation, it was waaaay too MTV-esque.

I'm positive that they'll slow it down and really dig into things as the season gets going, but the Premiere just seemed like they were trying too hard.
    I agree that certain parts were packed in at a high speed to keep people interested, but the parts where it was a slower pace (ie. the funeral, get together) were really nice.

I hope that it makes a focus on the mental state of the characters instead of the 'action' that went on inside the bank.