Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leak?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

FFXII has a summoning system, yes.

Been a lurker on here but I just wanted to say I have been playing it and I think I am around 22 hours in and it's easily the best FF I have ever played (and I have played them all). The story is much more adult themed then any other FF and is very engrossing. It's actually pretty tough as well and I do a lot of leveling up on the side to try and make it easier for myself. The license board and the gambit systems are equally amazing and may be my favorite of the series. I think probably my favorite thing is the return to full equipment I didn't like 7,8,10 in that they had limited equipment you could equip I like being able to have weapon, off-hand/shield, helmet, armor, accessory. The summoning is cool but I find I don't use it very much and I usually just stick to straight up attacking because I haven't found any black/arcane magic in a while and most of what I have is weak, white and green magic is more plentiful as of now.

If anyone has any other questions I can probably answer them and by tomorrow I will probably be 28-30 hours into the game.

I've heard the characters don't get a ton of development and that they barely even interact with each other after the beginning, but I'm hoping that's balookey. How is that? Do you they talk with each other a lot, and are they decently developed so far? I mean, I'm not asking to know their favorite ice cream, I just want to know if it's all handled pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    I've heard the characters don't get a ton of development and that they barely even interact with each other after the beginning, but I'm hoping that's balookey. How is that? Do you they talk with each other a lot, and are they decently developed so far? I mean, I'm not asking to know their favorite ice cream, I just want to know if it's all handled pretty well.
    Yeah you get the development that is required with everygame, it's a slow process with some.

We're going on about the leak and yes i have downloaded it but i'll say this before everyone calls me a cheap bastard. When the time comes, i will be buying the game, i would not rob SE of that. It's Hardcore fans like the people on here that keep them in business. Though i'll be waiting for the PAL version. Saying that, SE know about the leak and it might even bring the release date forward for once.

Im going to download it and see if it works on my PS2. My PS2 is modded, fingers crossed.

It seems legit to me, anyway, words cant describe how excited I am, tonight I could be playing FFXII :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Im going to download it and see if it works on my PS2. My PS2 is modded, fingers crossed.

It seems legit to me, anyway, words cant describe how excited I am, tonight I could be playing FFXII

Oh yeah, i forgot to say, it's the real thing, i've done 16 hrs on it now. Your modded PS2 should play it, my Swap Magic does.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post

It seems legit to me, anyway, words cant describe how excited I am, tonight I could be playing FFXII

Oh yeah, i forgot to say, it's the real thing, i've done 16 hrs on it now. Your modded PS2 should play it, my Swap Magic does.
    Thats pretty much where im at.
    Last edited by Croyles; 10-14-2006 at 05:49 PM.

yea it is real, i have downloaded it off of bitcomet and all you do is extract the files which creates an iso. file and then using dvd decryptor you burn it onto preferably dvd-r disc at either 2-4x speed. and then you need a mod-chip or something like swap magic to boot it up on your ps2 it does work i have it.

sucks for me since i don't have a dvd burner or have my ps2 modded. oh well, i'd prefer the official version anyway.

so are the voice actings and storyline good so far for those that are playing it?

yes its amazing i love the new battle sytem. the story is also great (i dont want to say any spoilers so lol) and it runs like a charm theres nothign wrong with the downloaded version. works great

Quote Originally Posted by abe123 View Post
    yes its amazing i love the new battle sytem. the story is also great (i dont want to say any spoilers so lol) and it runs like a charm theres nothign wrong with the downloaded version. works great
    Nothing wrong with it, as long as you buy the game after.

yea i will it comes out oct. 31st so yea ill get it

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It was leaked, yes. So what? :p
    It's not like it's going to make a difference if the game is ripped 4 weeks before it's released, compared to the day after it's released. In the end, those who download it will mostly be those who never was going to buy it anyway, or those who want it so bad that they can't wait for the release date, but still buys it when it gets out. I'm going to download it once I get my PS2 modded. That means in a few weeks time.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

When Squenix finds out who did this, will they be in deep doo-doo?

Do you think Squenix will think twice before giving out pre-release copies? Reviewers are full of crap anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarmiglione View Post
    When Squenix finds out who did this, will they be in deep doo-doo?

Do you think Squenix will think twice before giving out pre-release copies? Reviewers are full of crap anyway.

Don't know about the whole pre-release to developers. They really don't have to, but beleive or not there are people out there who buy games soley on what score it receives in a particlur magazine/site.