Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leak?

Just got it onto disc this morning. This is the real deal, im pretty much right at the start ( just beat the three were rats with Vaan ). Im going to play some more now :cool:

Anybody real hardcore and know what time on the 31 it will hit stores???

i wanna be there first thing to make sure i get a copy!!! =)
    im to cool for sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by James16 View Post

When the shops open, probably 9am, how ever shops work in America.

Dreddz, enjoying it so far then?

I'm pretty far into it now, was too weak to fight this boss and spent the whole day yesterday just leveling up.

so it sounds like it will keep me busy for awhil huh???
    im to cool for sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd View Post
    Dreddz, enjoying it so far then? :D
    Ive put about 6 hours into it today, Im at the Nalbina Dungeons at the moment.

All I can say is that by first impressions, this is better than alot of previous FF's. Better than FFX, definately. Im enjoying the battle system, after getting used to it, its far superior to any of the previous battle systems. The story is strong so far, cant say im particulary attached to any of the characters yet though. The locations ive been through are all fantastic so far, and this is definately the puurrrtiest game for the PS2. And their seems to be more of a challenge than previous FF titles, definately a plus for me.

Was it worth the wait ? Yes, I can see this being the best RPG for the PS2. I cant imagine anyone not being amazed by this game.

Right, im off to play some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post

All I can say is that by first impressions, this is better than alot of previous FF's. Better than FFX, definately. Im enjoying the battle system, after getting used to it, its far superior to any of the previous battle systems. The story is strong so far, cant say im particulary attached to any of the characters yet though. The locations ive been through are all fantastic so far, and this is definately the puurrrtiest game for the PS2. And their seems to be more of a challenge than previous FF titles, definately a plus for me.

Was it worth the wait ? Yes, I can see this being the best RPG for the PS2. I cant imagine anyone not being amazed by this game.

I'll take that as a yes then.

Yeah, the battle system is much more flowing and exactly like FF11 but with other people controlling them.

This game you, have to level up more frequently than any FF game. Though the temptation of just fleeing through all areas is probably in people's minds, i strongly reccomend you beat down a lot or you will struggle. The areas, like FFX are big areas to walk across but FFXII does that on a much greater scale, it wouldn actually take you forever to walk around Ivalice.

I downloaded the leak when I saw it, I've been anxious to play the game for ages now and didn't see any harm in it. I've already pre-ordered the Collectors Edition and the Standard edition.

So far I'm loving the battle system and the story line. I don't really like the whole license system, having to buy magicks + teckniks is annoying. I like the summoning and quickening commands, they're pretty cool!

I resverd my copy yesterday.....this is going to be the SLOWEST 3 weeks of my life!!!!
    im to cool for sigs.

Meh, who cares about morality? Charging 40-60 bucks for a game you'll beat over a weekend(not the case with FF games) isn't terribly moral either. If I really wanted a game and it just came out, I definitely would get a bit of P2P software to do the job. However, if it costs less then 30 bucks, preferably around 20, I'll definitely consider it being a worthwhile investment.

Lets look at EA for example. You pay 40 dollars for one of their XBOX games. Two years later they shutdown the servers and you can no longer play it in multiplayer, while they didn't state anywhere that the game was sold with limited multiplayer in the first place. In a way, this is robbing the user.

Anyhow, I'm sure that a whole lot of you will disagree with me here, but really morality and buying products from big enterprises like EA or SE really shouldn't be anywhere close to each other. For those who'll advocate for SE now, remember that in FFXI you're only allowed to have one charater and have to pay monthly fees(long live GuildWars). Do you really believe that this other character you can purchase will cost 9 USD of database memory for SE? Please...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That's wrong anyway, you can have more than one character. Server bandwidth and maintenance is what costs. The initial cost of buying the servers costs a ton of money too, and they're constantly adding new content to the game. And on top of this, let's not forget the cost of a developing a game is huge aswell. When I had work experience at a computer company a few years ago, they told me the average life of a hard disk in a server is about 3 years. FFXI has a lot of servers, something like 20 or more I think, and they probably all have more than just one harddisk each. High-performance harddisks used in servers are also more expensive than what's in personal computers, The game is over 4 years old now, so going by statistics, they've already had to replace most of the harddisks in their servers already. Harddisks aren't the only devices that break and need maintenance either, but I'm not going to bother listing it all.

But indeed, they probably charge more than it actually costs to run it. if they didn't, why should they offer the service at all? Square Enix is a company, companies make money.

Guildwars doesn't have a monthly fee because almost everything outside of cities doesn't pass through their servers. It's all instances running on the PCs of the players. That can't be done with games like WoW and FFXI.
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-17-2006 at 07:00 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Yeah, you def won't be beating this game in just one weekend. The storyline is suppose to be even far more lengthy then FFX's and if that doesn't mean much to you or you beat FFX fairly quick, Square-Enix put an est time of completion on the game of over 100 hours. I'm sure your $50-60 will be well spent and worth it.

And anyone who downloaded and is playing this leaked version...that's pretty sad.

2 weeks away now. Cool stuff. Can't wait.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Quote Originally Posted by BustaMo View Post
    Yeah, you def won't be beating this game in just one weekend. The storyline is suppose to be even far more lengthy then FFX's and if that doesn't mean much to you or you beat FFX fairly quick, Square-Enix put an est time of completion on the game of over 100 hours. I'm sure your $50-60 will be well spent and worth it.

And anyone who downloaded and is playing this leaked version...that's pretty sad.

2 weeks away now. Cool stuff. Can't wait.
    Hows that sad Busta? it's only sad, if the people who get the leak version, don't buy it when it comes out, depriving money that SE deserve, afterall, the game cost about 35 million to make.

I downloaded Advent Children, yet when the advent pieces limited adition came out, i spent alot of money getting that and also have it in English.

People have said on here they're buying it.

I'm not talking about someone whose replied in here that's buying it but downloaded it; I never said that.

And James16...only 2 more weeks, not 3.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by James16 View Post

Nobody can answer that, every shop is different, some shipments could be late, hell, some could be early, but they can't put it on the shelf until the 31st (may even be the 1st of november, it says released the 31st, doesn't mean its in stores the 31st).

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post

Thank you, you've made waiting til Feb-March a bit more worth it. ^^

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."