Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Leak?

you guys are arguing over people who burned the leaked version are sad. Come on, it's not like they aren't gonna buy it later or something.

I agree with Grinenshire about the big bucks issue. Have you guys realized that a every single game whether new or old are at the most $39.99? A badly rated shooter game from SE is most definitely NOT worth $50.00 especially when you can *literally* finish it over the weekends. Of course NFL and sports games are also $49.99... I feel ripped off... seriously. talk about morality. there just isn't any morality when dealing with big companies.

i do envy those of you who are playing it right now. arghhh

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most shooter games don't take very long to complete, as do most non-RPG games.

And whether a deal is good or not is up to the individual; some people enjoy different types of games and may feel their money was well spent.

Furthermore, games are produced with the intention of making money anyway.

Anyway, obligatory on-topic,

Dreddz, how is the soundtrack so far?

That's wrong anyway, you can have more than one character.
    Gamespot said so.

I'll put it this way. I get pleasure from buying a good game for a reasonable price, 25 USD or less. I don't care if anybody else downloads that game or not. It's simply not my business and I don’t see these people as “sad”, “lacking morale” or whatsoever. If the company goes bankrupt, it's usually not because of the piracy.

Now talking about MMORPGs monthly fees. I agree that they have to take care of the maintenance, but considering all the bandwidth and the exchange of the components and even the development, it's never worth 50 bucks plus 10 USD monthly.

It'd be giving out way more money for games, i.e. buying new ones instead of replaying them or asking friends for their discs over the weekend, if they'd cost less.

I do not advocate piracy over the P2P networks, but as a user, I'm not pleased with the current game market policy either. If you want more development in the gaming industry, buying the game will surely help, but you can also go to a chemist and buy fifty boxes of vitamin C hoping that this will develop the cure for cancer faster. Forget about the morality.

PS: By the way, don't worry, it's not going to change soon. EA is monopolising the game market, so feel assured, we're doomed.
    Last edited by Discord; 10-18-2006 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustaMo View Post
    I'm not talking about someone whose replied in here that's buying it but downloaded it; I never said that.

And James16...only 2 more weeks, not 3.

The day's just keep getting longer and longer. And i read more an more about it an the anticpation is bout to make me have an anurism!
    im to cool for sigs.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Dreddz, how is the soundtrack so far?
    I can answer that. Not brilliant. It lacks any real feeling behind it to make it a classic FF soundtrack, but still good nonetheless.

Anyone know where i can view sum weapon pics?? I wanna see what the weapons look like!
    im to cool for sigs.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

yes, the Leak is very real, and very illegal, I am going to personally come over and smite whoever I find is using it, because Squenix games deserve profits

Why do so many of you continue to think you have the right to exact revenge on people who downloaded the game illegally it's none of your business what someone else does and I doubt any of you work for square-enix or are personally affected by it in anyway whatsoever.

More importantly typing complaints about it on a forum isn't making the situation any better and this is the age we live in right now and it's not going to stop people pirate everything and no matter what the corporation's come up with to stop it from happening it always fails in the end. In my opinion at this point it's just better to embrace it because your not going to wake up one day and every torrent site be shut down. For everyone that gets shut down two more go up. Give up trying to think your better for waiting and/or complaining about people who download it, it dosen't make you a better person.

Quote Originally Posted by J0sh View Post
    Why do so many of you continue to think you have the right to exact revenge on people who downloaded the game illegally it's none of your business what someone else does and I doubt any of you work for square-enix or are personally affected by it in anyway whatsoever.
    People have the right to express their anger at supposed fans of the game go and download it without buying. Like it's saying "Oh the pirates are winning, sod it we can't beat them so lets join them." I Bet you came on this forum, saying you love one game in the series better than any other, then in the future will be somehow absolutely shocked if SE went out of business after preaching piracy, thens still confused as hell as to how they went bust.

If everyone thought like you, there'd be no Square-Enix, thankgod, most FF fans aint like you.

Give up trying to think your better for waiting and/or complaining about people who download it, it dosen't make you a better person.
    That's the thing, people who buy the game are better than people who steal the game with no intention of paying, it does make them better people.

Yeah, i've downloaded it, but i'm sure as hell it'll cost me £40 next year and i'll be sure as hell to prove it.

FF RULES! BUY THE GAME!
    Last edited by Russielloyd; 10-20-2006 at 06:28 AM.

Really its out on BT? ( Not that I have a MOD PS2 *cough*) Dude Should I look for it?

Quote Originally Posted by yojimbosoul View Post
    Really its out on BT? ( Not that I have a MOD PS2 *cough*) Dude Should I look for it?
    You're American, wait 11 days, BUY IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J0sh View Post
    People have the right to express their anger at supposed fans of the game go and download it without buying. Like it's saying "Oh the pirates are winning, sod it we can't beat them so lets join them." I Bet you came on this forum, saying you love one game in the series better than any other, then in the future will be somehow absolutely shocked if SE went out of business after preaching piracy, thens still confused as hell as to how they went bust.

If everyone thought like you, there'd be no Square-Enix, thankgod, most FF fans aint like you.

Give up trying to think your better for waiting and/or complaining about people who download it, it dosen't make you a better person.
    That's the thing, people who buy the game are better than people who steal the game with no intention of paying, it does make them better people.

Yeah, i've downloaded it, but i'm sure as hell it'll cost me £40 next year and i'll be sure as hell to prove it.

FF RULES! BUY THE GAME!
    Now with all due respect, I can't agree with a single statement in your post.

1st - Saying that somebody who buys computer games is a "better person" is the silliest statement that was ever made over these boards, that also includes FEs theories. If the person cannot afford buying the game, is he a bad person? Or is he a bad person if he sends those 40 bucks to some starving kid in Africa? In the very worst case, that money will go to saving some other company from going bankrupt. If you consider buying a game a personal achievement enough to be "a better person", do you also think that SE will get more money from that person if he never played the game in the first place? Overlook your terminology.

2nd - Please, do not start with "if everybody did that" story. I could just as well say that "if everybody" gave money to charities, there'd be no hunger in Africa, or "if everybody" was honest, there'd be no crime. That statement is the worst thing one can possibly say to defend his position, since nobody is like everybody else.

3rd - And last but not least, do not place the FF fans in St Maria's shoes. If somebody downloads the game, it's his personal business. He takes the risks; he'll the one to cope with possible conciqueces. Stealing from multinational companies is hardly a grand sin. If you buy the game, great, if you download it, fine, it's your own business and there's barely any point in preaching morale where there is none.

To finalise, I did not and will not download the game, simply because I do not have a PS2.

PS: If you look at the very start of the post, you'll find out that it was simple question of whether the rumours are true or false. I do not believe that the author intended to run a hate post against pirates.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'm gonna download it because S-E [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]s all over Europe when it comes to release dates.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I'm gonna download it because S-E [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]s all over Europe when it comes to release dates.
    OFF-TOPIC: Great sig

I'm from the PAL territories so i have to wait till Feb as well but i have to give credit to SE this time, they are doing a really good/quick job to get it over to Europe/AUS/NZ this time. It's usually 6+ months after US release till we get one of their games So essentially it's only 4 months wait this time, which ain't that bad
    Mods hate me because they know they'll never be as cooll as me!