Thread: Methods for easy money

Default Methods for easy money

I heard something about the Millionaire trick where you buy tents and cottages and then you refine them into something then you sell that for lots o' gil.

Could someone verify this? Or have any other ways on getting easy money?

Thanks

Are you cat the beginning of the game?

Because money is really easy to obtain in FF8. Monsters are one way.

Or you can walk around and get like 15,000 gil.

Your choice.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

pass the SeeD tests. you can either cheat and get all the ansers of the internet or do it yourself. on my most recent playthrough i got up to SeeD level 15 and i was never strapped for cash.

sell most of the useless items that some monsters may have dropped and im sure theres a way to refine something into something more valuable than the items you've refined.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Blog Entries

I think ther's an item that gives u 5000 or 1500GP I was always seeling it to get money and yes I'm a ff8 millionaire, I sold some of my magazines and when i got Tonebeery with more money I bought some with discounts!

I know you can buy potions (or something) and refine them into mega-potions (or something) and sell them at a profit.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

For fastest possible income, you need:
    Carbuncle's Recov Med-RF ability
    Tonberry's Call Shop ability
    Tonberry's Haggle ability
    Tonberry's Sell High ability
    4 Tents, 1 Cottage or enough money to buy at least one of them.
    To have visited Johnny's shop (?) in Esthar. This might take a few tries before you are allowed in.

1. Use Call Shop to buy as many Tents and Cottages as you can afford from "Esthar shop!!".
    2. Use Recov Med-RF to refine these into Mega-Potions. If you could afford 100 Tents and 100 Cottages for (1000 * 0.75) * 100 + (1800 * 0.75) * 100 = 210000 Gil you will get 100 / 4 + 100 / 2 = 75 Mega-Potions.
    3. Use Call Shop to sell these Mega-Potions to any store. You will get (5000 * 1.5) * 75 = 562500 Gil, giving you a profit of 562500 - 210000 = 352500 Gil. Start over at step 1.

Money is almost useless in FFVIII anyway...

i always use this method once i am able to reach Shumi Village/Esthar plains. i really don't think Esthar can be reached by any form of water or low-levelled travel. but perhaps the White SeeD ship might be able to provide transportation to Shumi Village. i do not remember. i left my walkthru with a cousin who left it a bigger mess and quite likely lost it:

1) find a place where Mesmerizes roam (outside Shumi Village/Esthar plains).

2) Mug them for their blades (Mug > GF > Diablos). you can get 6 blades from them each time.

3) once you get 100 blades, you can convert 1 blade into 2 Mega-Potions with MedRecovery (Med Rec. > GF > Siren, i think), and once you have 100 Mega-Potions, you can sell them all for 500,000 Gil. you can get 750,000 Gil with the Sell High ability from a GF whose name i do not remember.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

As a hero destined to save the world from time Kompression, money is just worldly material not worth mentioning.

I always donate what I have to the timber resistance group so that they can build more toilets for that tummyache chap.