Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 3 (Spoilers!)

I can't believe they killed off Eko. He was an excellent character.

Why bother to introduce all these good new characters in Season 2 and then proceed to kill off 90% of them?

I hated it when they killed Libby because she was a great character, and the fact that she was in the psych ward with Hurley could have really developed into an interesting subplot. I didn't mind as much about Ana Lucia, but her death was pointless as well.

And just when they save Eko from the hatch's implosion, they kill him a few scant episodes later! He was one of the last new characters left from Season 2, and one of the best. It's just unacceptable that they killed him!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ana Lucia and Libby were both killed off because they both faced legal problems in their real lives due to drunk driving charges.

And maybe the actor who plays Eko had personal reason to leave the show? Because yeah, I really do think that it was a pointless, random, and very sudden death. So maybe there's more to it on the personal/business side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Ana Lucia and Libby were both killed off because they both faced legal problems in their real lives due to drunk driving charges.

And maybe the actor who plays Eko had personal reason to leave the show? Because yeah, I really do think that it was a pointless, random, and very sudden death. So maybe there's more to it on the personal/business side of things.
    I read an article about Adewale whateverhislastnameis-secondpart and apparently he had never done a TV show before. He apparently prefers movies. Even last season, he said they didn't plan on having him stay very long. They knew from the beginning that he was going to be killed off, and apparently both Carlton Cuse and Eko's actor decided together that now would be the best time to do it, before things got really involved.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They could have written him out without killing him, and leave the door open for him to return. He was too good a character to just do away with.

EDIT: This was written before Texas's post.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    I read an article about Adewale whateverhislastnameis-secondpart and apparently he had never done a TV show before.
    He was also in Oz, along with Micheal's actor. And he was one bad motha smurfa in that, too!

Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    I read an article about Adewale whateverhislastnameis-secondpart and apparently he had never done a TV show before.
    He was also in Oz, along with Micheal's actor. And he was one bad motha smurfa in that, too!
    Right, he was. The article was in Entertainment Weekly (http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1...3_0_,00.html):

"Though producers say they envisioned Eko's death from the beginning and knew Akinnuoye-Agbaje might not be sticking around for the long haul, the actor is the first Lost star to vote himself off the island. (He's the fifth series regular to leave the show.) After Eko's first flashback episode aired last season, Akinnuoye-Agbaje felt ''the character was complete. It was such a well-written episode that I knew I would be able to sew him up in a season.'' Says exec producer Carlton Cuse: ''In a perfect world it would've been great to have Mr. Eko for a little longer. But it was the best time to go our separate ways.''

"Mostly, though, he struggled with playing the same person every week. ''I'm primarily a movie actor because there's a lot more flexibility,'' he notes. ''I never like to get lazy, sitting in a character two or three years, him getting fat and having grandchildren. I like to hit and run.'' Toward the end of last season, he met with Cuse and Lindelof to discuss his future, and agreed to stick around for a few season 3 episodes. ''There was an ongoing dialogue [when he signed on] about what the longevity of the character would be,'' Lindelof explains. ''And we all decided the shocking and emotional death would be the best way to go.''

I guess it's that he didn't like doing TV, not that he hadn't done it before.

Ah, that's interesting. Kind of fits in with his experience with Oz, where people got killed off a lot more frequently than Lost.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    'Cept for that being explicitly denied by both the actresses and the producers.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Lost needs to pick their people more carefuly.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just saw the last 3 episodes. I'm a bit relieved Eko died, that way we'll see more of the other (and better imo) characters. Eko's story never interested me. Now only Desmond needs to die. I really really really dislike the supernatural parts of Lost. It would all be so much better if there was a reasonable explanation behind everything, so there's much about the latest episodes I didn't like, namely the stupid smoke monster, Locke talking to the island, Eko talking to the island, and I guess Desmond being able to tell the future is irking me too. Ah, feels good to get my issues out in the sun.

My favorite part of Lost is Jack, Kate and Sawyer.

Right when Ben tells Jack "I want you to think about it" and then he walks over to the door he stops. You can clearly hear the sound of the monster in the silence. Then Ben speaks again.

Is this an error or does this hint that the Others control the monster?

Listen to it here:
    http://www.freewebs.com/shneebz/monstersound.wav

Can you hear it?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I didn't hear anything.

Listen to the weird gurgling.

ALSO I found a HUGE spoiler. Read at your own risk. It probably is not valid but intriguing to think about.

(SPOILER)

Ben reaches into a file and pulls out a piece of paper.

Newspaper cutting

Ben: this is the latest newspaper report "new york times"

Jack reads

"Oceanic plane still not found after two weeks"

Jack looks horrified

Ben: Thats right Jack, you havent been here as long as you thought. They are looking, and we are in danger they will find us.
    Last edited by McLovin'; 11-08-2006 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Just saw the last 3 episodes. I'm a bit relieved Eko died, that way we'll see more of the other (and better imo) characters. Eko's story never interested me. Now only Desmond needs to die. I really really really dislike the supernatural parts of Lost. It would all be so much better if there was a reasonable explanation behind everything, so there's much about the latest episodes I didn't like, namely the stupid smoke monster, Locke talking to the island, Eko talking to the island, and I guess Desmond being able to tell the future is irking me too. Ah, feels good to get my issues out in the sun.
    I think the super-natural side of Lost is great. Things like the whispers or just the healing power of the island (Locke's legs, Rose's cancer, Jin's infertility) are what keep me watching. I guess I like a good mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus of Zeal View Post
    Listen to the weird gurgling.

ALSO I found a HUGE spoiler. Read at your own risk.

(SPOILER)

Ben reaches into a file and pulls out a piece of paper.

Newspaper cutting

Ben: this is the latest newspaper report "new york times"

Jack reads

"Oceanic plane still not found after two weeks"

Jack looks horrified

Ben: Thats right Jack, you havent been here as long as you thought. They are looking, and we are in danger they will find us.
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever read, and obviously untrue. If they are as you said, how exactly does Ben show Jack a videotape of the Red Sox winning the World Series more than a month after the crash?