Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was not Ethan. Different actor.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    People will always find something to complain about (including me, I don't like the monster.), but I think season 3 is just as good as the others. I remember, in season one and two, people complaining about there being flashbacks all the time before and nothing happening. I think there's been fewer flashbacks, and more stuff is happening lately. What really happened in season 1? They found a hatch? I don't think Lost has changed, at least not much. I can't wait for the next episode.
    I just recently rewatched most of Season 1, and I gotta say, anyone who says that there's no difference between the first season and the second/third are insane!

Watching Season 1 again, I must say that it was one of the best examples of writing, action, music, cinematography, character development, and story-telling in recent television history. I mean, man. It was just GREAT. Amazing how the whole season flowed and came together.

Lost has not progressed to a better place since Season 1. It's gotten more convoluted, plot lines have been discarded and forgotten, characters are being neglected, the pace is slower and nothing much seems to get accomplished in any of the recent episodes.

And this doesn't really come as a surprise for me. J.J. Abrams, is without a doubt one of the most innovative and compelling story-tellers out there. Almost on par with Joss Whedon. But he has a thing for launching a program and making a success out of it, and then dropping it for another project. The first project suffering for lack of Abrams-love. Abrams got Alias off to an amazing start. The first 2 seasons of Alias will go down as my favorite seasons of television. EVER. But after the second season, Abrams got a new project, Lost. He abandoned Alias and Alias suffered for it immediately. It was heart-breaking how far Alias fell.

After the first season of Lost, Abrams was offered the job as director of Mission Impossible 3. Well, duh. Lost wasn't getting the special Abrams treatment anymore. It suffered. Continues to suffer.

I wish that guy would just STICK to his current projects because obviously he has a talent for making great television. But arrghghg.

I actually agree with you there, you know he couldnt even find the time to write or direct the alias finale!

and the deaths havent really been handled well since boone died...its like they really tried with him with the others it was like...poof they're dead!

hmmm i thought the episode was ok but this cliff-hanger was pretty hyped up that at the end i was like....ahh ok not that different to any other cliff-hangers in lost

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    People will always find something to complain about (including me, I don't like the monster.), but I think season 3 is just as good as the others. I remember, in season one and two, people complaining about there being flashbacks all the time before and nothing happening. I think there's been fewer flashbacks, and more stuff is happening lately. What really happened in season 1? They found a hatch? I don't think Lost has changed, at least not much. I can't wait for the next episode.
    I just recently rewatched most of Season 1, and I gotta say, anyone who says that there's no difference between the first season and the second/third are insane!

Watching Season 1 again, I must say that it was one of the best examples of writing, action, music, cinematography, character development, and story-telling in recent television history. I mean, man. It was just GREAT. Amazing how the whole season flowed and came together.

Lost has not progressed to a better place since Season 1. It's gotten more convoluted, plot lines have been discarded and forgotten, characters are being neglected, the pace is slower and nothing much seems to get accomplished in any of the recent episodes.
    My point exactly! That just about took the words out of my mouth!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Regarding Eko's departure, this is what Kristen from E! had to say about it:

From Jason: Why was Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje written off Lost? Was he as unruly as the rumors are saying? I don’t wanna believe it!
    And as the creator of the moniker SexAAA, you know I don’t wanna either. But it’s now been confirmed to me by various sources that Adewale had some interpersonal issues on the set. Personally, I don’t want to soil my own karma by spilling it all (Mr. Hickey would be so proud), but let’s just say that when Eko appeared to be a gentle humanitarian, that was indeed an Emmy-worthy performance. (P.S., I also would like to retract the words "mean," "stinker" and "of a stupid head" from my former statement regarding JJ Abrams.) Meanwhile, a fellow E! Online reporter (Josh Grossberg) ran into Lost executive producer Bryan Burke this morning and asked whether Eko’s departure was something planned. Burke replied: "Story-wise, it was definitely the direction we're going. I don't know what our official answer is on all that." Burke later added that Adewale asked to leave the show and that "it was for personal reasons that we can't talk about."

So he's a dick?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well that sucks. Choose better actors you dumb producers! Three new characters they put time into creating and developing last season were just tossed aside because the actors made poor decisions in their offscreen lives. What a waste.

are you kidding those actors played their part great...its not the producers fault they seem to choose those with alot of personal baggage! must work for them when getting in character or something cause now noone in the "lost" world has a happy story to tell

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well I don't know if the ladies had a history of DUI or whatever, but you should at least make sure the actors you hire actually want to be in a weekly series.

Maybe they're picking actors with baggage because they can portray the faulted characters of Lost better.

Just a thought.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Well I don't know if the ladies had a history of DUI or whatever, but you should at least make sure the actors you hire actually want to be in a weekly series.
    Michelle Rodriguez (Ana Lucia) has a previous record of 1) drunk driving, 2) hit and run, and 3) driving with a suspended license.

So the girl's got a history. I think she had to serve jail time for this 4th incident.

But honestly, I don't like the actress and I hated her character so I'm glad Ana Lucia got killed and booted off the show.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Regarding the plot lines becoming all twisted... that's what Lost calls 'progress'. I mean, seriously, if you think the plots got more confusing between season 1 and season 3, look at the first third of season 1 and the end of season 1... just as much additional convulsion or whatever there, too! The whole thing about Lost is that it leaves you with only more questions, very rarely giving answers. If the plot lines weren't getting more mixed up and crazy, I don't think that the show would be Lost. I guess it's more 'Lost' because it leaves the viewers feeling that way rather than because they're actually lost. I don't think they're lost so much as they don't know where they are... if that makes sense. It does if you don't think about it!

I like this season. They couldn't leave them sitting on the beachline for longer than one season, after all, so they're doing a good job of restricting the developments.

I think that by the time this entire season is over, only a week or so would have passed in the real time world of Lost. So really, despite them 'ignoring' characters, we probably aren't missing too much anyway. I mean, what are they doing on the beach anyway? It's not like there's a lot of things happening there. I, for one, would much rather learn more about the imprisoned people and the Others than I would want to learn about what trivial things people are doing on the beach, like watching a baby or hunting for boar. It would get tedious, boring and repetitive.

To summarise, they're doing the best they can.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

i guess, it is called 'lost for a reason but season 2 went all alias season 3-esque with the convoluted plot-line thing....that charlie episode with the religious dreams was absolutly POINTLESS btw (in season 2 remember)

they could involve the 'extra' characters doing something on the beach, or hunting? or gardening imean they are "lost" on the island after all, if the primary characters arent there (i.e sun to do the gardening, locke to hunt, jack to be a doctor) whos the one to garden or handle injuries n stuff you know, if you watch the start of the season there was a balace between the mythology of the show and the whole 'survivor' aspect of the show i just wish it showed the whole survivin aspect abit (if that made anysense at all lol)

and besides where the hell did sun and Jin or claire go anyway?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Claire is tending to her baby, Jin and Sun recently swam ashore after the boat was stolen in a gunfight.

I, for one, would be frustrated if they spent an episode watching people sit around on a beach, doing gardening, talking about the weather and looking for fruit while there were much more important things happening on other parts of the island(s).

Just sit back, close your eyes, and imagine the characters wandering around looking for food. Better yet, go down to a beach and walk about, watching people walk about on a beach. There you go. That's what the other people are doing. Pretty much nothing. Hooray!

They'll get their episodes when the time comes.

As for the 'pointless' things, there are lots of things that even at the end of season one you might have thought were 'pointless' (eg. polar bear) but I'm sure over the many seasons they will be explained.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

I think that by the time this entire season is over, only a week or so would have passed in the real time world of Lost. So really, despite them 'ignoring' characters, we probably aren't missing too much anyway. I mean, what are they doing on the beach anyway? It's not like there's a lot of things happening there. I, for one, would much rather learn more about the imprisoned people and the Others than I would want to learn about what trivial things people are doing on the beach, like watching a baby or hunting for boar. It would get tedious, boring and repetitive.
    One of the best parts of the show in my opinion were the little moments that showed small snippets of what life was like on the island. Example: the teeny tiny side-story with Sawyer needing glasses. Or Hurley collecting leaves to use when he went potty. Or Sun making her garden.

All those things were just tiny moments that took up only a few minutes in an episode, but it added *so* much to the show. I think those elements were needlessly taken out of the show. In favor of what? Jack crying some more. Kate being more indecisive. Sawyer growling. Boooo.

No, they don't need to include a whole show on that. But Season 1 was written so that a whole gripload of stuff happened, mysteries were revealed, more questions were raised, characters were developed, and yet they still had time to write in those lovely little moments of island life. Like I said in a previous post, that's what's so great about Season 1, how well each episode flowed combining so many different elements including interesting flashbacks and making a tight cohesive episode out of it. The recent episodes don't do that. They *don't* flow well. That's my biggest beef I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

They were nice, for sure, but they were much easier to fit in back then. They'd have to take chunks out of current storylines to do it now, though. I think they've already done most of that stuff anyway, and after a month or so on the island you'd think that they'd not have too many new learning experiences to show because most of them have already happened. There have been some, though, such as the guy pointing out that the roof needed fixing, and then later figuring out how to create fire via the magnet & lightning (or something). But again, most of the stuff has already been done now. They couldn't do that for three seasons in a row.