Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 3 (Spoilers!)

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    (And you'll believe that there are polar bears and large clouds of violent black smoke, but not that The Others can contact the outside world and do a little investigation? Because I know which threatens MY suspension of disbelief more.)
    Well that's great for you if you're fine with what's currently happening on Lost. That's YOU, and it really shouldn't matter what I believe or don't believe since it doesn't impact you at all.

And fyi, I never mentioned anything about believing polar bears or large clouds of black smoke.

And the stuff they knew about Jack's life wasn't a "little investigation." But like I said, the stuff I believe or don't believe shouldn't matter to you at all.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, now I am really lost*. My point was, simply, that something that is probably a lie, told by someone we know to be an extremely good liar, shouldn't make you think "Hang on, how could she know that? This is stretching it a bit." but, surely "Another lie from The Others. And Jack's buying into it - they're wearing him down." (Or something vaguely similar) *shrugs* That's all, as you say it's your call in the end. I'm just clearly missing something in your thought progression.

* Edit: Lol pun.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I highly doubt she knows how his wife is, and I don't think we are expected to believe she knows. I think the point of her saying that was to calm Jack down and we are to take nothing more than that away from it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness View Post
    They should kill off Jack and give Charlie more flashback episodes.
    Yes, I adore Charlie and he is never given enough time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I highly doubt she knows how his wife is, and I don't think we are expected to believe she knows. I think the point of her saying that was to calm Jack down and we are to take nothing more than that away from it.
    I'll agree with that.

However, the episode showed that the Others had/have very significant contact with the world (Stephen King novel?). So who knows what they can know.

Of course, this was the first episode I've ever watched.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

NOTE - The Others put Sawyer in a cage, if they know all about people they'll know Sawyer 'just wants to be free', I guess you could say. Coincidence? Maybe, but keep going.

Kate was put in handcuffs by the Other's, they're playing off of her fear of becoming a convict again.

Jack is placed in a room with 1 glass wall, perhaps something to do with his ex-fiance? Something he cannot get past, get over, the invisible wall.

Coincidence? I don't think so anymore.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'll agree with that.

However, the episode showed that the Others had/have very significant contact with the world (Stephen King novel?). So who knows what they can know.

Of course, this was the first episode I've ever watched.
    The novel was Carrie, which was first published in 1974, so that doesn't really prove much, that's 30 years before the plane crash.

Of more interest is that "Downtown" was played on a CD - I've not yet verified when it was first printed onto CD, because it is a bitch to search through all Clark's compilation CDs, but it might narrow down a date of The Other's definite last contact with the outside world.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Crushed Hope View Post
    Yes, I adore Charlie and he is never given enough time.
    And Charlie was in, like, one of the biggest films EVER!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The funny part is that Jack originally died in the pilot episode(s). When he and Kate and Charlie find the cockpit and the pilot, Jack's the one that looks outside and dies rather than the plane's pilot. But the test audience was so hurt that one of the main characters that they tied an emotional attachment to died that they had to rewrite the script so that Jack was a main part of it.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    They should kill off Jack and give Charlie more flashback episodes. :bigsmile:
    The funny part is that Jack originally died in the pilot episode(s). When he and Kate and Charlie find the cockpit and the pilot, Jack's the one that looks outside and dies rather than the plane's pilot. But the test audience was so hurt that one of the main characters that they tied an emotional attachment to died that they had to rewrite the script so that Jack was a main part of it.
    Like me with Arnst or whatever. :P

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The novel was Carrie, which was first published in 1974, so that doesn't really prove much, that's 30 years before the plane crash.
    Ok, then, let's look at other things. Vinyl houses? The clothing? I don't see how they can justify all that without significant outside contact.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not versed in anything like that, so I can't say either way

I do think they have a lot of contact with the outside world (That or the situation is more extreme than we think, like everyone's in space or something), I'm just trying to find evidence for exactly when the last contact must have been.

Plus, in Season 2 there was the Dharma supply airdrop - so someone is still thinking something is going on there, clearly. That could be a lot more extensive than we think.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not versed in anything like that, so I can't say either way

I do think they have a lot of contact with the outside world (That or the situation is more extreme than we think, like everyone's in space or something), I'm just trying to find evidence for exactly when the last contact must have been.

Plus, in Season 2 there was the Dharma supply airdrop - so someone is still thinking something is going on there, clearly. That could be a lot more extensive than we think.
    Yeah, I was just going to bring up the Dharma supply airdrop. And don't forget, they have boats too. Boats need fuel. So they do, in some way, have contact.

I really want the story to get back to Desmond and his girlfriend and those mountain guys. D: I thought that was exactly where 2.5 would start off. Maybe that's where season 3 will start off? Either way, more Desmond, if you please!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Desmond and Charlie are hawt Easily my fave characters.

Damnit! Why do I keep coming back to this thread??

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Henry Ian Cusick is on board as a main cast member for Season 3. This means much more Desmond, which is clearly awsome, because he's great.

I don't believe either Harold Perrineau Jr. or Malcolm Kelley have been signed up for Season 3, so it could be left up in the air for a very long time as to whether they genuinely got away or not. You know how The Others are - they could have quite readily steered them towards absolutely nowhere.