Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 3 (Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I highly doubt she knows how his wife is, and I don't think we are expected to believe she knows. I think the point of her saying that was to calm Jack down and we are to take nothing more than that away from it.
    I'll agree with that.

However, the episode showed that the Others had/have very significant contact with the world (Stephen King novel?). So who knows what they can know.

Of course, this was the first episode I've ever watched.
    The novel was Carrie, which was first published in 1974, so that doesn't really prove much, that's 30 years before the plane crash.

Of more interest is that "Downtown" was played on a CD - I've not yet verified when it was first printed onto CD, because it is a bitch to search through all Clark's compilation CDs, but it might narrow down a date of The Other's definite last contact with the outside world.
    My best guess would be '86. That's when Petula Clark's Greatest Hits CD was released. The studio album that Downtown was on wasn't released until 1994 in CD form.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just been following up a rumor and I think we might be wrong about CD - I think it's actually DualDisc, judging from the markings on the inner ring of the disc when she puts it into the player (About the 40 second mark).

Dualdisc was first rolled out in 2004, so that means they have pretty much constant contact with the rest of the world (Presuming, of course, that the makers didn't just bollocks up with continuity, but given that all the other music aside from Hurley's CD player have explicitly been on old-style Vinyl records, I doubt they did).

Edit: Just want to say, I absolutely love the first segment of this episode. I've watched it like eight times now, it gets better and more interesting every time. We see The Others as normal Humans, with petty disputes going on. Yet they know instantly what to do then Oceanic 815 crashes, and Goodwin and Ethan have no hesitation in obeying Ben's orders.
    Last edited by Madame Adequate; 10-07-2006 at 09:30 PM.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Just been following up a rumor and I think we might be wrong about CD - I think it's actually DualDisc, judging from the markings on the inner ring of the disc when she puts it into the player (About the 40 second mark).

Dualdisc was first rolled out in 2004, so that means they have pretty much constant contact with the rest of the world (Presuming, of course, that the makers didn't just bollocks up with continuity, but given that all the other music aside from Hurley's CD player have explicitly been on old-style Vinyl records, I doubt they did).
    I think people are reading too much into this and it could be a minor boo-boo on the producers' part in regards to what type of disc she puts in the CD player to listen too.
    Figaro Castle

Nothing in Lost is a boo boo.

I laughed so hard at the last scene of this week's episode.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

This episode was much better than the last one in my opinion. I love Jin and Sun, and this flashback was whoa!

Also, Jack is redeemed in my eyes for his Red Sox dissing. Until he starts sobbing again.

This was an awesome episode. The question is what Sun meant when she said "I can't" - is it "I can't have an affair" or "I can't continue an affair."

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked this episode much better. Although it's funny how the show is slooooowly turning audiences away from Sun and toward Jin. When the opposite was true at the beginning of the show. Boo at Sun being skanky.

Juliet annoys the heck outta me. Uhg.

And Kate needs to just fall over and die. What a worthless character.

I think the only female character I like on the show is Rose. Bring back Rose.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Kind of interesting how it is getting back to the characters layer by layer. Two whole episodes and the main group hasn't even been shown once.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    I liked this episode much better. Although it's funny how the show is slooooowly turning audiences away from Sun and toward Jin. When the opposite was true at the beginning of the show. Boo at Sun being skanky.

God, I love Rose. ;__; And I think it's cool that the show is doing that, because at first they kind of showed (to an extent) most of the character's good sides, and it seems like this time they're going to show the dark side of every character.

Btw, I am so sad at Sun for that! I had faith in her. I was like NO SHE DID NOT CHEAT IT WAS AN ISLAND MIRACLE! ;__; But noooo. But wouldn't it be a kicker if it WAS Jin's baby and it was an island miracle, but she just happened to sleep with that bald guy without getting pregnant? xD I want that to happen so much!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I think the polar bear got Sun pregnant. :chef:
    Figaro Castle

I think Sun killed Jae Lee and the offer Ben tells Jack is to save Colleen from dying. (goes with next episode description with Jack/Kate/Sawyer)

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post

God, I love Rose. ;__; And I think it's cool that the show is doing that, because at first they kind of showed (to an extent) most of the character's good sides, and it seems like this time they're going to show the dark side of every character.

Btw, I am so sad at Sun for that! I had faith in her. I was like NO SHE DID NOT CHEAT IT WAS AN ISLAND MIRACLE! ;__; But noooo. But wouldn't it be a kicker if it WAS Jin's baby and it was an island miracle, but she just happened to sleep with that bald guy without getting pregnant? xD I want that to happen so much!
    They have been on the island for 69 days. Sun took her pregnancy test in Episode 2-16, "The Whole Truth", which took place on about day 58, and even that date is friendly (it's probably 60+). She would have already missed a menstrual cycle had she conceived prior to the plane crash. There's no telling how long before Sun and Jin leave after Jae's death, but I assume it's about a week. That's 65 days from possible conception to Sun's realization that she's pregnant. That leaves no doubt that there must be another menstrual cycle in there that would be late had Sun gotten pregnant prior to getting on the island.

EDIT: This assumes of course that Sun has a normal reproductive system. Some women do bleed in the early stages of a pregnancy, anyway, but it's pretty rare.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 10-12-2006 at 03:13 PM.

*ignores rest of thread*

I just got episode 1 of Season 3 and I can't wait to watch it
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post

They have been on the island for 69 days. Sun took her pregnancy test in Episode 2-16, "The Whole Truth", which took place on about day 58, and even that date is friendly (it's probably 60+). She would have already missed a menstrual cycle had she conceived prior to the plane crash. There's no telling how long before Sun and Jin leave after Jae's death, but I assume it's about a week. That's 65 days from possible conception to Sun's realization that she's pregnant. That leaves no doubt that there must be another menstrual cycle in there that would be late had Sun gotten pregnant prior to getting on the island.

EDIT: This assumes of course that Sun has a normal reproductive system. Some women do bleed in the early stages of a pregnancy, anyway, but it's pretty rare.
    I definitely think there's a good chance the baby is Jin's. Assuming it's not Jin's and it's bald dude guy's, then that would make Sun about 3 months into her pregnancy and she should be showing more. Plus she would have gotten morning sickness at like the 1 month mark. Anyway, none of this might matter because it is television and the writers could have just been like, "screw it! We're gonna make Sun have bald dude's baby!"