Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 3 (Spoilers!)

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

The third season is moving far too slow for my liking. It's been 3 episodes and so far all we know is:

- Where Kate, Jack, and Sawyer are.
    - Just how advanced the Others are.
    - The hatch is now gone, imploded.

Or at least, that's all I've gained from the third season. The episodes are too much of nothing. I mean, they've dropped everything of interest from the first season (numbers, Ruissou, the monster, as mentioned above), and resolved one of the three biggest questions (imo) of the second season, like so:

- What are the Others intentions for JKS?
    - <s>Where is the hatch storyline headed?</s> Nowhere, it's exploded!
    - Where are Michael and Walt?

Or at least, those were the questions I was asking at the end of the second season.

Well, the fourth episode looks like it is going to be interesting enough to keep my attention for more than 5 minutes. Emotionally charged torture scenes, all right!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Something my wife noticed when we were watching the last episode:

The only other time the polar bears appeared was right after the plane crashed, which was due to the magnetic overload in the hatch. At the end of last season the hatch has a magnetic overload again and the polar bears show up. Is it coincidence or does the polar bear activity tie into the magnetic activity in some way?
    Figaro Castle

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Polar bears are highly magnetic. Duh.

Speaking of which, that polar bear running away in the cave after Locke shot fire at him was the worst CG ever.

This episode sucked.

Bring on the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Something my wife noticed when we were watching the last episode:

The only other time the polar bears appeared was right after the plane crashed, which was due to the magnetic overload in the hatch. At the end of last season the hatch has a magnetic overload again and the polar bears show up. Is it coincidence or does the polar bear activity tie into the magnetic activity in some way?
    The polar bears appeared in 1-14 "Special", a Michael/Walt episode. So good thought, but no.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did anyone else catch the Lost shoutout during The Office yesterday?

WHAT IS THE DHARMA INITIATIVE?!

Oh god, I laughed.

It has corrupted our world.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    The third season is moving far too slow for my liking. It's been 3 episodes and so far all we know is:

- Where Kate, Jack, and Sawyer are.
    - Just how advanced the Others are.
    - The hatch is now gone, imploded.

Or at least, that's all I've gained from the third season. The episodes are too much of nothing. I mean, they've dropped everything of interest from the first season (numbers, Ruissou, the monster, as mentioned above), and resolved one of the three biggest questions (imo) of the second season, like so:

- What are the Others intentions for JKS?
    - <s>Where is the hatch storyline headed?</s> Nowhere, it's exploded!
    - Where are Michael and Walt?
    Haha, I must be too patient. I was just thinking after I watched 3-03 that this season is moving way faster than the other two did

I loved the drug trip with Boone though. And it's like... is he remembering something he really saw? Or is it all just hallucinations? And I was happy to see more Boone, he's cute

Anyway yeah, they're not forgetting stuff or retconning. Given that there is so much though (Tons of characters, numerous arcs), it's not reasonable to expect them to deal with everything regularly.

Finally I would point out that there are still other hatches - The Pearl, The Flame, The Staff, The Arrow, and The Hydra. Plenty more scope for mystery. Actually though The Staff is abandoned, so there might be nothing more there.

Edit: Although yeah, given the general pacing of Lost, I wager it'll be a lot more enjoyable for those losing interest once it's all done and dusted and out on DVD.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    And I was happy to see more Boone, he's <s>cute </s> ridiculously sexy, kthnx.
    Anyway yeah, they're not forgetting stuff or retconning. Given that there is so much though (Tons of characters, numerous arcs), it's not reasonable to expect them to deal with everything regularly.
    It's not that I'm angry at how they're not dealing with enough, it's that when they do deal with something they're not revealing anything OR giving me any reason to pay attention. With the exception of a few moments, this season has moved at a slow drag.

Finally I would point out that there are still other hatches - The Pearl, The Flame, The Staff, The Arrow, and The Hydra. Plenty more scope for mystery. Actually though The Staff is abandoned, so there might be nothing more there.
    There was also the fake hatch, I believe the name it was given was "The Door".
    There

im liking this season so far its more ahhh "normal" than season 2...the pace is ok slow was the first 5 episodes of season 2! Im glad the "old" locke was back though (locke in season 2 was just purely annoying)! Atleast now we know how he can make homemade drugs. I hear that how he got paralysed will be explained this season so yeah waiting for that

Charlies still pretty funny and how weird was that hallucination locke had!

oh and now that the whole hatch has emploded does that mean theres no magnetism in the island? imean i thought that it was because of that huge magnet thing that locke could walk or that rose was in remmision (somthing. im no magnet expert lol) what happens to those guys?

i did find it weird that two people just started talking randomly i was like wtf and then i remembered that most of the other cast were either with the others or marooned on the other side of the island!

oh and FYI those 2 people that were talking in the end. series regulars!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Maybe the hatch was the source of the healing...

The way I see it, there is four groups of three, each with their own little stories on the island right now. There's: Jack, Sawyer, and Kate who are captured by the Others; Sayid, Sun, and Jin who are looking for JSK; Desmond, Locke, and Eko who are mysteriously alive from the implosion; and Hurley, Charlie, and Claire who really have no story at the moment. However, I think Hurley might be interested in Desmond and start his own little story.

Right now I'm very interested in the Desmond, Locke, and Eko story. It's so intriguing, and I really want to know what the heck is up with them. How did they survive, and what's up with Desmond's crazy new power? Although, Locke seems to be going to venture off to find JSK and start another story; most likely with Sayid.

I love Jin and Sayid, however, Sun is definitely bringing down that group which is making their little adventures less appealing. I would be very happy if she was the next one to go, but they wouldn't do that... After all, she's pregnant. Or would they?

I do want to find out what the Others' real motives are, but I've given up on waiting for that information anytime soon. Jack is very depressing these days and he goes through very dramatic mood swings. Kate would be better off with Sawyer. I know Jack has been through a lot, but Sawyer has been through a lot more, so my sympathy for Jack has its limit.

In any case, season three is pretty awesome so far. I hope they put more Desmond, Locke, and Eko time in and less Sun. However I think tomorrow's episode will be going back to Jack, Sawyer and Kate... which isn't bad at all.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

This episode was really great and shocking, this 2.5 part of the series is really picking up.

Of Mice And Men references were lawl.

Okay, so correct me if I'm wrong, but Ben (or some Other, but I think it's Ben) has a tumor in his spine, and they need Jack to fix it, and only he can?
    Last edited by Rye; 10-26-2006 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    This episode was really great and shocking, this 2.5 part of the series is really picking up.

Of Mice And Men references were lawl.

Okay, so correct me if I'm wrong, but Ben (or some Other, but I think it's Ben) has a tumor in his spine, and they need Jack to fix it, and only he can?
    That is correct.

This episode is by far the best episode of the third season. Especially since Sawyer is my favourite character, and they brought him back in the game; with his centric episode.

First I would like to start off by saying that I hate Charlie. Ever since he's fallen for Claire he's been irrational, sarcastic, jealous, and overprotective. So if he and Sun die, I won’t be sad.

Anyways, Desmond is still very intriguing even more now than ever. I just need to more about what's going on with him. They've also got Sawyer to calm down, so that's two down, and since both of them aren't going anywhere... That means Kate is staying too. I have to hand it to Ben, he got Sawyer good, he called everything and even jeopardized Sawyer's chances with Kate. Also, I wonder who Jack has to save, eh?

Well, cheers to next Wednesday. Which the same day FFXII and Saw III comes out over here. <3