Thread: Lost Season 3 (Spoilers!)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They always say the show will change forever next episode.

So far this season, Sun's flashback was the only one of the four that was actually interesting and relevant. I agree that they shouldn't show flashbacks just because that's how the show is structured.

The last two episodes weren't that great.

More Desmond please.

Who was that random guy with the golf clubs?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post

To me the flashbacks are an integral part of the show. They could be lessened, but should not be removed completely.
    I never said they should be removed completely. I said they should only be employed when necessary and when it moves the plot forward, not just this, "oh hey guys, we need a flashback for this episode" and the writers sticking in a series of flashbacks that really doesn't add to the show.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    They said that they are going to introduce a couple of new characters from the crash this season. We had a couple of random people named when Mr. Eko was brought back to camp. I'm assuming that the guy with the golf clubs is another.
    Figaro Castle

They always say the show will change forever next episode.
    Yeah, but not before a three-month hiatus. :P

(SPOILER)
    The new characters are called Nikki and Paulo.

I believe the guy in the camera with the eyepatch was Radzinsky (Kelvin's partner). He could be at the Flame station since we are to discover the station soon according to the execs.

Thanks for the spoilers, Really appreciate them.

...Is that sarcasm..?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, he genuinely likes hearing sudden spoilers with no warning. :rolleyes2

And I liked this episode. This season keeps getting better and better. And it's about time we had another Sawyer episode.

I think that everyone's history is going to be revealed to be very important though. Not just to how they act and change, and not just to whatever leverage it might give The Others over them, but more important than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    They said that they are going to introduce a couple of new characters from the crash this season. We had a couple of random people named when Mr. Eko was brought back to camp. I'm assuming that the guy with the golf clubs is another.
    The guy with the golf clubs was one of the ones introduced when Eko was brought back to camp. His name is Paulo.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It would be interesting to know what happened to the other 30 or so people in the crash while all this other stuff is going on.

I think flashbacks just to show a snippet of the character's history is pointless. It is good to see those, but they should be showing something more than just that. Like something relating to their current situation on the island, or why they were in Sydney going to Los Angeles. Sawyer and Locke's recent flashbacks were just showing brief periods of their lives that didn't really add up to anything. It didn't develop anything we already didn't know about their character, and it didn't give any more insight into what brought them to the fated flight.

So for all the characters introduced thus far, how many do we know why they were going from Sydney to LA? I can remember the story for Jack, Claire, Charlie, Anna Lucia, Michael and Walt, Hurley, and Locke. We know why Kate was coming back but we don't know why she was there. We've also seen some brief glipses of Sun and Jin, and Eko, but no real answers. The flashbacks should be filling in these holes, especially for major players like Sayid and Sawyer.

Like sawyers current flashback being held in jail wasnt related to his current situation? but i think i see your point

So for all the characters introduced thus far, how many do we know why they were going from Sydney to LA? I can remember the story for Jack, Claire, Charlie, Anna Lucia, Michael and Walt, Hurley, and Locke. We know why Kate was coming back but we don't know why she was there. We've also seen some brief glipses of Sun and Jin, and Eko, but no real answers. The flashbacks should be filling in these holes, especially for major players like Sayid and Sawyer.
    true that kate's one hasnt been explained i assume she was still running from the cops but yeah no real insight, they shouldve given us the answer to that one atleast.

Correct me if im wrong but i think sayids reason to go to australia was to find a terroist he knew before he defected. He had to stop some terrorist plot from happening in australia...He was blackmailed, if he stops them he finds his girl (SPOILER)when the guy found out he ratted him out to the poilice for a girl he shot himself, sayid stayed to bury him hence he had to wait an extra day that got him on that flight! Sawyer went to australia cause he tracked down who made him the way he was! he was in some prawn shop... just as he was about to kill him he backed down....decided to take a drink, met Jacks dad in a bar, he ended up in a police station, saw boone and got deported to LA that landed him on that flight!

but yeah as for Sun and Jin indeed...no idea why i think australia was where sun was going to run from jin....but thats all i remember lol

someone asked why they conned sawyer...ben said to get a con-mans 'respect' they had to con him...i think it was just to say that they're better than him or something....i think they want him to give up, something....i just want to know what the hell their endgame is cause all this seperation from people is begining to bug me

need more stuff happening on the island, everyone (the other 30 people) seems a little too comfortable

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

It would be interesting to know what happened to the other 30 or so people in the crash while all this other stuff is going on.

I think flashbacks just to show a snippet of the character's history is pointless. It is good to see those, but they should be showing something more than just that. Like something relating to their current situation on the island, or why they were in Sydney going to Los Angeles. Sawyer and Locke's recent flashbacks were just showing brief periods of their lives that didn't really add up to anything. It didn't develop anything we already didn't know about their character, and it didn't give any more insight into what brought them to the fated flight.

Sayid was in Australia because that's where the US Army (led by Kelvin Inman, no doubt, formerly of the hatch) told Sayid that if he stopped a suicide bomb attempt, he would be able to go to Los Angeles to see Nadia.

Sawyer was in Australia because that's where he thought the real Sawyer was. He killed him before realizing that he had been conned. That was one of the later episodes of Season 1.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And Jin was delivering some watches for his boss, one of these deliveries was in Australia, one was in California. Sun was accompanying, although she was very close to running away.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ok I haven't seen those Sayid and Sawyer episodes yet. Should be good. I'm about halfway through season 1 right now.

Mega spoiler. Highlight at your own risk Eko is gonna die tonight. Killed by the monster.