Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SE confirms: player excuse to diminish enjoyment of smn job adjusted

I don't plan to quit and I don't hate it so much. Honestly, I try to be optimistic about it quite often. When I first heard about them changing DRGs 2hr I thought that would really make a difference in people'e opinions on DRGs. I was excited and expectant. It wasn't SE's fault that people continued to snub DRG.

When SE said that they were adjusting the way Ullikummi spawned I figured they'd do something awesome like make him a forced pop or reduce his window to be less than the ridiculous 8-12 hours it is now which causes a bottleneck in sky and gives the RMT an absolute monopoly. I had my hopes up quite a bit an really thought something good was gonna happen.

Things like the bercus interview are what makes people pessimistic. He asked so many questions and basically got told "I don't know", "We don't know" or reacted in surprise to certain things the playerbase is painfully aware of (overcrowding in merit PT areas, lag in beseiged etc.) Anyone remember the Sage Sundi interview from over a year ago. He said that ToAU would be primarily low level content. They seem to have no clue about their own game.

Perhaps this is only to their response to non-JP gamers. It seems like they were a lot more forthcoming at the TGS this year. The translation of the interviews shows much more direct answers to questions instead of the endless non-answers most non-JP interviewers get.

So you want optimism? SE has mentioned perhaps doing something to make abjurations less impossible to get. They are basically monopolized by people who bot at the 'Kings'. So I'm being optimistic that they will do something positive considering their comments about it both at TGS and a little more sheepishly in the bercus interview. Perhaps they will make them available through KS99 or make the king windows 12 hours instead of 24. I really want to be optimistic about this, but having been let down so many times before (notably and most recently with the Ulli update) I have the fear that SE will do something that will actually hinder anyone but the current botters from getting abjs.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yesterday I had a fabulous party leader. I think I shall just have him party with me ALL the time.

Anyway, I do understand that End-game makes a LOT of players frustrated and whatnot. That's what made a couple of friends quit recently and join WoW (I'm looking at you m4tt!). But you know, you just gotta make the best of it. And everyone should give each other more of these, .

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If endgame is so frustrating then you should just level up more jobs. I think it would be more fun to take several jobs to 50 than maybe 1 or 2 to 75. Levelling 1-10 solo in the starting areas is so much fun, I think I'll do some of that today.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But Tony, 75 makes you uber.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ok, but once you hit 75 there's no one forcing you to do all the endgame stuff that people get frustrated with. Start over with a new job, do some quests or missions, help some newbies, plenty of fun things to do.

If I ever get to level 75 with PLD I'm going to the dunes and roaming around tossing out cures to random parties. And if someone asks me to stay I'll agree if they can toss a /random above 750 or something.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok, let's go save the world together with your PLD and my WHM. <3

If endgame is so frustrating then you should just level up more jobs.
    I'm actually doing that. I have all jobs (except for PUP and COR) at 20. I've got a good number of jobs at 37-42. My currently project is working on potentially getting all of my jobs to 40 (for sub and capped events) though I doubt I'll finish all of them before taking on other endeavors like getting my BLU to 75.

I think it would be more fun to take several jobs to 50 than maybe 1 or 2 to 75.
    I find having a variety of jobs ready for capped events is a lot of fun. My wife has 2 75s and a 3rd on the way. However, it's a lot of work to keep and maintain multiple 75 jobs in terms of inventory space and being ready to do LS events on a multitude of jobs. It's a nightmare for my wife to switch between the two.

Also, with 2 (or more) jobs at 75 you have to sometimes sacrifice the performance of one for the other(s).

Levelling 1-10 solo in the starting areas is so much fun, I think I'll do some of that today.
    As I said, I don't have many more jobs to level to 10, though I agree it's fun to level jobs to 10 and can also make a lot of money in crystals and such.

Ok, but once you hit 75 there's no one forcing you to do all the endgame stuff that people get frustrated with.
    I do enjoy endgame. There are a lot of fun things to do. I'm only frustrated the SE often makes horrible decisions that sometimes ruin otherwise enjoyable experiences. Sky farming and fighting gods is a ton of fun when RMT aren't there. Seeing people in my shell get gear and getting gear myself is a lot of fun. Fighting large, challenging HNMs is fun.

Start over with a new job, do some quests or missions, help some newbies, plenty of fun things to do.
    I enjoy all of the above things. Actually, my wife and I have completed every single quest in Sandy (I've actually got a spreadsheet with the checked off) and nearly all quests in other cities. We're rank 10 in all nations (did most of it duo for the challenge). We started a LS just to help people with things like missions, quests, AF etc. Helping newbies is a ton of fun and I really enjoy that.

If I ever get to level 75 with PLD I'm going to the dunes and roaming around tossing out cures to random parties.
    From the PoV of someone not at 75 it's easy to assume this is the way you will feel endgame. You will just want to be 75 and uber and help out newbs all day long. However, after being 75 for well over a year that would grow tiresom and boring.

Also, once you are actually 75 you'll realize how much better your gear could be. You'll want to have some of the cool stuff you see other people wearing. You'll want to have all that awesome Relic gear and other things. You'll want your E abj body etc. Only once you are actually there facing it can you have a realistic idea of how you will respond to being 75.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Anyway, I do understand that End-game makes a LOT of players frustrated and whatnot. That's what made a couple of friends quit recently and join WoW (I'm looking at you m4tt!). But you know, you just gotta make the best of it. And everyone should give each other more of these, .
    It wasn't just end game that made us quit, it was the fact that we were getting bored. You get to 75 and you've already done so much... You can easily start over on that same character, leveling a different job. But what if you don't want to be a stinky Galka anymore? I didn't, but I didn't want to have to do unlock all those areas all over again just to play a different race. The subjob quest, unlocking Lufaise Meadows, unlocking sky, Limit break quests.. I didn't want to do all those all over again.

Just as a comparison, I haven't ran into any REQUIRED quests or missions in WoW that you HAVE to do to continue in the game. But then my highest is only a level 44 Hunter, so I still got a lot to see.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

So you can grind all the way to 60 without having to do anything else. Cool!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?