Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sacrilege! What Movies Do You Hate, In Spite of Their High Status?

Articles

Oh, yeah, Clerks bored the hell out of me.

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

Any American pie film. I dont *hate* them, but they usually arent even remotely funny, just, bleh, go away.

The entire Lost series is crap too.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

I found the American Pie movies funny before I lost my virginity, then when I did lose it, I just thought "This is a load of crap!" I guess I matured when that happened! Wonder if anyone else was like that?

Star Wars, all of them.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I hate all of the Scary Movies. They were bloody hilarious to me before I turned 13. Then, looking at them again, I thought, "This is supposed to be funny?" I may have chuckled once or twice, but most of the humor was either utterly disgusting, or completely unamusing to me.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sin City. I don't want to get into why right now. I get flustered too easily and I don't feel like getting flustered! I just hated it, so much. Still refused to walk out of the theater because that is not something I do, but man I couldn't wait for that to be over.

I'll agree with Star Wars too. Although I don't HATE them, I just find them boring.
    --Box Box Box Box

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    I absolutely hate The Princess Bride. Everyone drools all over it as some masterpiece or something. I think it's awful.
    INCONCEIVABLE!!!!!

For me, it would prolly be Titanic, or tied with the Saw movies, just never liked em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Oh, yeah, Clerks bored the hell out of me.
    indeed...just because it's a kevin smith movie doesn't mean it's great.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Grease

The Shawshank Redemption.

Jellyfish swim by.

Titanic - For obvious reasons.

Citizen Kane - Don't hate it and actually think the cinematography is amazing, especially for its time. But, every character was either horrendously dull or ridiculously unbelievable. Orson Welles' acting seemed to keep getting worse, the older Kane got. And don't get me started on "Rosebud" as a plot device. It's a pretty decent film, but way overrated.

Star Wars - Out of all 6, the only one I liked was Empire. The other two of the first trilogy were bogged down with bad acting and writing, with overdone story-lines. The second trilogy was just a special effects extravaganza, with long-winded speeches, intended to make the viewer think that the plot is not only good, but deep, when it really isn't either.

Grease - Far too campy, even for a musical.

Brokeback Mountain - I wanted to like it, honestly, and I thought it was well-acted. But, I disliked both characters and felt their was no real motivation or feelings between them, despite both actors vehemently trying to make it seem like there was.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Please don't revive old threads, Paro. Feel free to start a new one instead if you want to discuss the topic further.