Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Countdown...

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    Yeah, thats your choice, however, I'd rather save my 20(or 30 in this case, collectors edition) and just use an online walkthrough which gives accurate info, unlike brady games guides. Nothing really to disagree with in my last paragraph, but alright. If you like throwing money out.:rolleyes2
    You said I wasn't a "True FF" fan because I used a guide. In my experience, I have found online guides to be quite undescriptive, being they are written by amateurs. Also, the guides may not be as in-depth or about total completion, as this is still a new game.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarmiglione View Post
    Yeah, thats your choice, however, I'd rather save my 20(or 30 in this case, collectors edition) and just use an online walkthrough which gives accurate info, unlike brady games guides. Nothing really to disagree with in my last paragraph, but alright. If you like throwing money out.:rolleyes2
    You said I wasn't a "True FF" fan because I used a guide. In my experience, I have found online guides to be quite undescriptive, being they are written by amateurs. Also, the guides may not be as in-depth or about total completion, as this is still a new game.
    Don't change my words. I never once said you were not a "true ff fan" I simply said, true FF fan's don't need a guide to get them through the game, which is true, if you buy a game and the guide the first day they come out, and use the guide to get through your first playthrough, you're not much of a gamer.

Amateurs? They need to get approved before getting put on Gamefaqs, they're usually very well written, and provide a MUCH better walkthrough than any brady games guide I've ever seen. I don't see the point in arguing about this unless you're rich, but spending 20-30 USD dollars to get some pretty pictures along with your walkthrough, in my opinion, is a waste of cash.

Why would you need a guide anytime soon? Getting stuck and figuring out what to do on your own is half the point of an RPG game, giving up the second you get stuck and resulting to a guide is simply not a true RPG gamer, they're just people who like the series and want to get through it ASAP, but don't appreciate the game for itself and enjoy it, like chewing your steak, whereas some swallow it after 2 bites.

Quote Originally Posted by farplaner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yojimbosoul View Post
    some good.......and very bad reviews
    reviews are a dime a dozen. I don't give most reviews much weight as they are defined by others' values. Mine tend to be different than most,

so LoCoAndy: I would just sweat out this last week (as the rest of us are doing) and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by al-bhed_kid0827
    One more week.One more week.One more week...
    al-bhed_kid seems to be doing enough sweating for the lot of us!
    Heh, I'd never download a Squeenix game! No need to worry, I am waiting just like everyone else. It hurts, but yes, I'm doing it.

I buy the games...always. Why? Because I want them to make more.

Loved by many. Envied by many.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think I'd be smart enough to download it even if I could. xD

That being said...I never usually get so excited about upcoming releases...but now that it's only a week or so, I'm getting all butterfly-ish! ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz' View Post
    LE strategy guide is only good to sell on ebay for $100+ in a couple years, which is why im getting it, and never reading it so its in mint condition
    I thought you were a true FF fan tisk tisk.
    How does that make sense? "true FF fan" doesn't need a guide to get them through the game, they do it themselves. As for collecting value, thats another thing, but I only want the games, not a book I can profit 70+ USD dollars on.
    I agree with you. For the very least, you try it on your own. People who use guides knows where's the boss, the sidequest, the way in and how the story end. But non-guide-user are all blotto about that. That gives them the stunning of the game and they're eager to see more. Plus, non-guide-user sometimes are blotto in their way, so they enter a wrong place and result in fighting the enemies there, they also get to see (and explore) more optional places earlier which then leads to a sidequest. Then, they level-up fast and have no problem in the game. At least, that's better than having to fight the same enemy on the same place for just levelling. That's just boring. IMO, btw.

Blotto: Don't Know

I only check GameFAQs when I actually have a real problem. Sometimes, I also ask my friends for help and such.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Me: "Oyo, Blaine!"
    Blaine: "Five days!"
    Someone else: "Yeah! Halloween!"
    Me and Blaine: "Screw Halloween! FFXII!"

So close...

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz' View Post
    LE strategy guide is only good to sell on ebay for $100+ in a couple years, which is why im getting it, and never reading it so its in mint condition :D
    I thought you were a true FF fan tisk tisk.
    How does that make sense? "true FF fan" doesn't need a guide to get them through the game, they do it themselves. As for collecting value, thats another thing, but I only want the games, not a book I can profit 70+ USD dollars on.
    I agree with you. For the very least, you try it on your own. People who use guides knows where's the boss, the sidequest, the way in and how the story end. But non-guide-user :jess: are all blotto about that. That gives them the stunning of the game and they're eager to see more. Plus, non-guide-user sometimes are blotto in their way, so they enter a wrong place and result in fighting the enemies there, they also get to see (and explore) more optional places earlier which then leads to a sidequest. Then, they level-up fast and have no problem in the game. At least, that's better than having to fight the same enemy on the same place for just levelling. That's just boring. IMO, btw. :choc2:

Blotto: Don't Know

I only check GameFAQs when I actually have a real problem. Sometimes, I also ask my friends for help and such.
    Hold up now wait a minute!, i meant was that he's not a true FF fan because he plans to buy the collector's edition guide and just sell it without reading it or looking at the artwork, if he was he would keep it for collection. I didn't mean he had to use it because when I had my FF guide I just used it for the sidequests and just 1 boss which was Seymour Flux.

Yellow Winged Angel

Wow, just 5 days away. Its worth the wait guys, I wasnt expecting the game to be this good, but it is.

Best RPG on the PS2.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Man, it comes out three days before my b-day! PERFECT! However, the gift-giver must get it on its release date, otherwise its a semi-waste.

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

What actual day does the collectors edition come out? heh... I need to find my recipt...

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

Quote Originally Posted by Fates Forgotten View Post
    What actual day does the collectors edition come out? heh... I need to find my recipt...
    The same day as the regular version, October 31st, or in other words tuesday.

5 days!

*Fansqueals*

Wooty Wooterson!

5 days left!

Yeeeeeha!

Quote Originally Posted by Meimeiken View Post
    Wooty Wooterson!

5 days left!

Yeeeeeha!
    Aren't you excited!

Quote Originally Posted by al-bhed_kid0827 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meimeiken View Post