Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: what do u think of the game?

Default what do u think of the game?

this game hasnt come out in the uk yet but when it does im thinking of getting it do u think its worth buying and what would you give it out of a score of 10?

Personally, i would give it either a 8 or 9. It's worth the money if Vincent is your favorite FF chacater. The action is good and I think how they did the devolpment of your chacater is also very good.

Only bad thing is that its kind of a short game and when youre walkin around you constaly have a cross-hair in the screen, unless youre punchin people.

Please use the edit button to avoid double posting. ~Levian
    im to cool for sigs.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm definitely buying this game when it comes out, or perhaps a bit later when they lower the price. I've heard it's been a bit disappointing, but I need to try it out regardless.

Try it, I mean its actually a pretty good game, It has great fun factor but, its like i said before its just short. Right when you really get into it and get everything all maxed out it ends!
    im to cool for sigs.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It wuz flippn' awesome

I absolutely loved it. However, this was my first shooter. For FF fans that need to expand your collection, it's a must buy. It's fun.
    BEHOLD!!! The 88 Plymouth Sundance!!

The game was great. For some reason, I didn't unlock anything! I shot all those container things I saw and the saving icon appeared but nothing was unlocked.

The game has some great boss battles (Nero is to easy) and a annoyingly hard boss battle (which should have been the last one (Weiss)
    "Do they control the darkness, or does the darkness control them? No matter, they will all burn!"
    - Angelous
    (Drakengard)

Which FF Character Are You?

Everyone do yourselves a favor and go pick up DMC 3 instead, if you haven't done so already.

I really don't know why I'm going on this anti DoC spree, oh wait now I remember. The game sucks compared to other action games, what was I thinking?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post
    Everyone do yourselves a favor and go pick up DMC 3 instead, if you haven't done so already.

I really don't know why I'm going on this anti DoC spree, oh wait now I remember. The game sucks compared to other action games, what was I thinking?
    That's why you don't compare it to a other action games. You hafta look at Dirge of Cerberus like a final fantasy game, not a DMC. DoC Digs into Vincent Valentine's Background and explains a lot of things that were not explain in FFVII. It explains how Vincent and Choas became "one". The game has good graphics and an awesome storyline, and the replay value is great! Sure it has some downsides, but you gotta look past the downsides and look at the upsides. DMC 3 is a great game to but DoC Just as good, but with different qualities. I would probably give DoC a 9 outta 10.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

It's the Guilty Gear of shooters! Five minute levels, followed by 10 minutes of story!

But in all reality, it's awesome.
    Last edited by Cruise Control; 10-23-2006 at 09:06 PM.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub13 View Post

That's why you don't compare it to a other action games. You hafta look at Dirge of Cerberus like a final fantasy game, not a DMC. DoC Digs into Vincent Valentine's Background and explains a lot of things that were not explain in FFVII. It explains how Vincent and Choas became "one". The game has good graphics and an awesome storyline, and the replay value is great! Sure it has some downsides, but you gotta look past the downsides and look at the upsides. DMC 3 is a great game to but DoC Just as good, but with different qualities. I would probably give DoC a 9 outta 10.
    How can I not compare an action game with other action games? If I was to look at DoC like a final fantasy game, then they should have made it like all the other FF games, an RPG. Square need to learn that their not good at making games outside the RPG genre.

Also the two sentences that I highlighted really boggle my mind, DoC just as good as DMC 3?
    Oh and don't just take my word for it, the reviews speak for themselves: DoC DMC 3
    Last edited by RiseToFall; 10-24-2006 at 10:09 AM.

all in all i say it was a allright game. Only thing i didnt like was that you couldnt use chaos as ur limit break during the main corse of the game. An that other stuff i posted earlier
    im to cool for sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub13 View Post

How can I not compare an action game with other action games? If I was to look at DoC like a final fantasy game, then they should have made it like all the other FF games, an RPG. Square need to learn that their not good at making games outside the RPG genre.

Also the two sentences that I highlighted really boggle my mind, DoC just as good as DMC 3?
    Oh and don't just take my word for it, the reviews speak for themselves: DoC DMC 3
    Okay I'll agree that Square's should stick RPG but DoC was a pretty good idea. It was a new concept to the Final Fantasy games, the gameplay went great with DMC, and they were probably running out of ideas at the time they were making it. DoC was basically an expiremental game, if it sold well and got good ratings then they might have done again in the future. If it didn't sell well and didn't get good ratings then they would just stick with RPG. Personally, I don't think they will be doing it again.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Kay, think about it. If SE doesn't innovate, they might as well invent a plot generator and make games on a conveyor belt. Without major changes like DoC, people are only gonna want to buy FF for so long. Without innovation, you'll have that "I've already played this..." feeling. Dirge of Cererus was a bold new step for Final Fantasy, I only hope they make a few more like it.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

I would say the game is okay but the one thing that bothers me is you can only carry so many potions and Ethers and etc etc. Pluz the story seems so fast-paced

~Gamer 4 Life!!!! ^-^~