Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Party Setup

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Well thats not possible, they both have the same damage modifiers, so either you haven't thoroughly tested the two, or you just used kasha once and saw 200damage and never used it again. Or maybe you were fighting Jnuns, in which case, my gekkos do over 2k damage with 300% tp on.

Light will always be better than darkness. Especially during HNM's. Thunder is the strongest magic BLM's have, therefore Thunder IV MB off light works wonders, darkness cannot do that.

Only time you should actually use the WS's for their added status effect is if a mage type mob is casting a spell(gekko) or if you're soloing and could use the extra paralyze on the mob, or even blind. Otherwise its pointless, considering they don't last very long, and as you said, thats the RDM's job.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've used both WS on exp mobs. Kasha is still good, but I consistently see better damage on Gekko, and I favour my own empirical observations over statistics compiled by someone else.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've changed my mind. My new favorite party setup is:

PLD/WAR
    DRG/WAR
    NIN/THF
    WHM/RNG
    SMN/BLM

No sixth member.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Why WHM/RNG?
    -edit-
    Oh, lol FFIV.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

PLD/WAR
    (Melee)
    (Melee)
    BLM/WHM [Me! >_>]
    RDM/WHM [Static partner!]
    WHM/BLM or SMN.

Me and my static partner love PLD tanks. Because a majority of NIN tanks we get suck. >_> Be it holding hate or actually using their Shihei. (Yes, we've had NINs that drain about as much MP healing as PLD.)

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

I really liked the setup of my last two parties and they got me amazing exp, so I put them:

RDM/WHM (me)
    BRD/WHM or NIN (both worked well)
    WHM/SMN
    PLD/WAR or NIN/WAR (both were good, although the PLD was wearing a Bomb Queen ring and we were at Mamool Ja staging point)
    DDx2

One of those parties was short but went fairly well while the other one was a little under five hours long and got me just under 6 merits. We had 5 people for a lot of the time in that one though because of members having to leave and waiting on/finding reps.

this isnt my FAV. type of pt, but its been the first one to work w/o a PL (people are just so use to those now...>.>)

RDM/WHM main heal (me)
    NIN/WAR
    WAR/MNK
    DRG/WHM (support healer; never had to tho...I'm that good )
    BRD/WHM (other support, ditto above )
    THF/NIN puller

The NIN would tank with shadows while I put on enfeebles; by the time I got all of them on, the war would provoke and take hate until the thing was dead. It worked very well, and we were getting good exp chains. First time I was ever IMPORTANT in a party >.>.

edit: at my level this might be a problem bc of shortage of MP unless your a taru OR (like me; Hume) you have a MP Regeneration item. Like my Godsend Pilgrim's Wand