LOL
    jkhkjg

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Topic!

What do you think about n00bs who beg for gil? Have you ever begged for gil? What do you think about handing out gil to newbies in general?

I for one have begged for gil before. But only cause people dared me to.

When I first started the game, complete strangers asked me if I was new, and then took me to do a few random quests to earn some gil. And they also gave me a bunch of pies to use for my WHM and also some stuff to sell at the Auction House to earn me some more gil. I was super grateful for these people who helped me early on. So every person I've ever brought into the game, including people on this forum who have asked for a worldpass, I've always tried to give them as much of a head start as possible, and since the gil the game gives you to start off with is rather pitiful, I do give newbie friends a small fund of 20-50k to get them rolling.

I don't usually give money to people who beg. But people who dance for me? Sure, those people I am willing to give gil to. And then there are those random /shouts I see where someone is absolutely pleading for gil to ride the airship or something. Those people make me laugh and I do give the occassional handout.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've only seen a shout for gil once or twice.

One time when I was in a party we were heading out from Jueno to the Citadel or something, and one of our members asked if he could borrow some gil for the chocobo. It was like 200 gil. Who doesn't have 200 gil? I've had over a million before and I don't craft or farm or anything (and I don't buy it either!).

It's really easy to make money in this game if you are somewhat intelligent. Of course, the way I make money banks on the fact that not a lot of the other players are that intelligent, so there you go.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I don't (ever) have alot of gil ... the most i have had one me at one time is like maybe 100,000 ...

so, no, i wouldn't give gil away ... but i would help out some other free way
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

mhmm mhmm.

oh dear... mhmm...

oh dear...

I dont mind if someone begs for gill, as I will most likely give it to them.

but if they spend an hour begging for say... 10 gill, ill go shoo em off and tell its faster to go make it themselves as to standing there.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Someone on the LS gave me some free potions once. That's about it. I generally haven't had to worry about money much because I could always afford to buy what I needed easily enough, but now that I'm getting in the upper lvl 20's I'm started to get broke. I need to start earning some cash. Noone has ever directly asked me for gil, unless it was an absolutely ridiculous amount, so I haven't had a chance to see if I would give them some or not.

I think Levian and I have swapped minor gil or items around before, but that doesn't count cause we already know each other.

i dont like gil beggers they make me mad

When someone asks me for gil, I will say yes. And give them 10g. D; They always say thank you, too!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I absoulutly hate gil beggers...just cause I have my M on dose not mean I am uber rich...I just broke 100k a few days ago...I earned all my money the long hard synth/farm/mule meathod.

Now somtimes if I get a telle for gil I will tell them back "No I will not just "give" gil but I will show you how to make quick easy gil"

as for handouts...I have had one or two people just give me something for no reason and never said anything except for your welcome..but that was still when I had my ? As for now I refuse handouts...ie..I was stuck in Kazam at lvl 27ish Mnk, didnt have the 200 to get back on the airship, had just enough for a choco into the jungle..My thoughts on that is it was the incentive to get to lvl 30 without taking a break and leaving.

Finaly do I give handouts...yes..but not gil.. I will every once in a while give away free armor if I dont need it or I know it will not sell. but other than that NO GIL HANDOUTS

I agree with Dodhungry
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I used to give great axes and axes to newbie warriors if I saw them using a sword.

I decided it was a hopeless effort and stopped.

poop ouch! that makes me sad D:

I just tell War's that they need one ... i can't afford to keep great axes and axes on me :P

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    I gave gil to some losers before. ^_^

And I gave gil to some other normal people, too.
    I don't usually give it to beggers unless THEY ARE MY FRIENDS zOmG! <33

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I don't give anything out if people beg for it. I remember I helped a guy out with San d'Oria M 1-2, and once we were out of KRT he asked me for gil. I told him "I'm sorry, I don't hand out gil when people ask for it," and he goes off about how selfish I am. I mean, come on, I just spent a good twenty minutes of my time killing those damn bats for you, and suddenly I'm selfish? It's people like him that made me stop with the handouts.

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

You can give me as much gil as you want. I need a hauby!

Actually, someone that use to play on my server use to make mules to beg with and he said he could pull in 50k in an hour easily.. not bad, lmao.

I've given gil to people, if I know that person is new and they ask nicely, I'll slide in 10k, but if they are a bit dickheadish about it I pull the "I dont speak any english" trick and wave goodbye.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.