View Poll Results: Who do you think would win in a fight Batman or Spider-Man?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spider-Man

19 61.29%
  • Batman

12 38.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Batman V.S. Spider-Man

Blog Entries

Carnage > all

Batman is the more interesting character, but Spider-Man would be favored in a fight (assuming Batman was granted his standard gear for the contest).

Keep in mind that Spider-Man confronted and defeated supervillains, while Batman focuses far more on taking out Gotham's criminal element which is made up more of freaks, psychos, and sociopaths than supervillains (there are a few exceptions, but not a lot).

Fighting-wise Spider-Man would be a step ahead of Batman due to his spider-sense, and a lot more mobile in most settings. It would be a good fight though...Batman can certainly take a punch as well as any.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by udsuna View Post
    But in the REMATCH, I think Batman would win. Probably using sonic based weapons to disrupt the spidey-sence.
    To my knowledge there's no way to disrupt his spidersense; certainly not sonics at least. Aside from showing him an ear piercing good time, his Spidey sense would be fine. Also, no one should look to the movies to judge his spidersense. It's rarely used in them, though you could assume that any time he dodges anything is due to his spidersense helping him out, whether it's shown or not.

Still, going by the comics Spider-man has to take this one in a fight. Especially given his power boost almost a year ago. In fact, you can kiss Batman sticking to the shadows goodbye since Spidey has night vision now (regardless of how little it's actually used).

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I think Spider-Man would eventually win with the combination of his super powers and intelligence. It would be a really tough fight, though. As for Batman possibly preparing for that battle with a lot of anti-spider gadgets, I remember Spider-Man also coming up with some extra equipment at times.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

A thought just crossed my mind what if Batman acquired the symbiote? He would be twice as strong, twice as fast, and twice as agile as Spider-Man. Also Batman has such a strong sense of justice he might actually be able to control the symbiote...Oh! And I did mention that the symbiote can block out Spider-Man's spider sense?

If the symbiote and Batman could actually work together as a team, the Caped Crusader, utilizing his brains and the black ooze, utilizing it's brawn they would become unstoppable. Although The Symbiote Batman would have to defeat Spider-Man quickly before the symbiote's main weakness is exploited.
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 10-11-2006 at 03:13 AM.

Batman, in a walk.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    A thought just crossed my mind what if Batman acquired the symbiote? He would be twice as strong, twice as fast, and twice as agile as Spider-Man. Also Batman has such a strong sense of justice he might actually be able to control the symbiote...Oh! And I did mention that the symbiote can block out Spider-Man's spider sense?

If the symbiote and Batman could actually work together as a team, the Caped Crusader, utilizing his brains and the black ooze, utilizing it's brawn they would become unstoppable. Although The Symbiote Batman would have to defeat Spider-Man quickly before the symbiote's main weakness is exploited.
    True, since Spider-man already knows the symbiote's weakness. Actually some of my favorite episodes of Spider-man were the ones where he was "possessed" by the symbiote.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

This is absolutely no contest. Spider-Man can <i>dodge bullets</i>. He also has super strength. Batman doesn't have a chance.

That doesn't necessarily mean that Spider-Man is the best character (they're both awesome), but in a fight Spider-Man would absolutely win.

Spiderman has colourfull tights and he actually has powers.

Puppy Dog!

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

spider man hands down, no question about it

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While the arguments for spidey are strong and I do like Spiderman much mroe as a character than Batman I'm going to tentatively go with Batman working under the assumption that Batman will always approach a fight from his own terms and create the conditions for his victory. Even then it'd be hard, but the way Batman fights generally gives him the edge.

Also, while both are extremely intelligent, I'd say Batman's much more experienced in the general area of fighting and tactics, which supports the above statement.

In a straight up match though Spidey would smack Batman around like nobody's business.