Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An American EoFFer in London

Articles

Hey, shopping, nice. I've heard Soho is better for the nightlife, though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

depends on what you're buying but yeah soho has a brilliant nightlife there the only problems are trying to find a pub where there aren't sooo many business people that they're spilling out of the pub and into the street.

Articles

Yeah, I kinda figured. I'm not much into drinkin' here, but I figure if I'm gonna immerse myself into Britain, I might as well go all out. xD

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

why the hell not. whats your style stider, punk, urban or what that way I might be able to name more than a few pubs in the area of the west end

Articles

Eh, I don't really have a style persay. Anywhere I can have fun is alright by me.

You should go to some of London nightclubs. Fabric is good for a start.

Depending on what I'm doing, I'll come see you. I've been London and if I book 4 days ahead, Its quite cheap. Depends.

If you finalise your travel plans, I'll come see you. Hell, I'll even do the wiki for it

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Articles

Well, it's a given that I'm going. One month from today, actually!

I'm still tryin' to figure out where exactly I'm gonna stay in the city, since Lawdy everything is expensive. Right now, I'm lookin' to find accomodations in Kensington or Earl's Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Well, it's a given that I'm going. One month from today, actually!

I'm still tryin' to figure out where exactly I'm gonna stay in the city, since Lawdy everything is expensive. Right now, I'm lookin' to find accomodations in Kensington or Earl's Court.
    You do know that's the expensive area of the city? Only cheapish thing I can think of is the Holiday Inn at the Hanger Lane Gyratory.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Articles

Actually, I found a bed and breakfast for about 45 pounds a night. I can live with that.

London's nice. In the summer you should come visit Blackpool Pleasure Beach. My home is Kent, way down in the bottom right corner of the UK. But I'm at University in Preston at the moment, so maybe I'll see you of you northerners floating around lol. Saying that, anyone going to watch Jimmy Carr at Manchester Apollo tonight? Apologise for off-topic =/

Articles

H'okay, I know it's been a few days, but I've been busy with various things. Anyway, it's gettin' down to about three weeks now and here's what I'm thinkin'.

I found a bed and breakfast little place just off the west side of Kensington Gardens. It's decently priced (for London, anyway), I just have to send a deposit out on Monday to secure a room. I'll put up a link to it when it's not 2:30 AM.

The reception to my going up to Manchester seemed a bit lukewarm to me, so unless you guys can really change my mind I think I'm pretty much gonna say forget it. I will, however, be traveling up to Derby to crash at Ruth's place for a night or two on December 1 (definitely) and 2 (maybe, depends on Ruth). Other than that, y'all can drag yourself to the City to meet me.

One thing I wanted to ask, though... how should I dress so that I don't stick out and also provide myself with optimal sexy? I'm probably gonna go get some new clothes sometime this week and I wanna look good, so help me out here.

Knock-off Burberry and lots of it!!

You should visit Swindon it's home of the magic roundabout the 8th wonder of the world.

Enjoy your stay in the UK, Stri~ <3

Just a heads up about what you should be wearing, it dosent matter, wear anything, London is the most cosmopolitan city in the world so theres a great variety of dress sense throughout the city.

However, if your style is punk then I'd recommend not heading into some of the urban areas of London, London's urban culture somewhat picks on punks/skaters etc. Although I doubt you'll be heading into those areas so it should be ok.