Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new boss in FFV:A (spoilers)

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

11/07/06.

The same day as Guitar Hero 2? What a dilemma.
    Sigless

Wikipedia information:
    "One thousand years ago, the immortal mage Enuo tried to take over the world using the power of the Void. However, this power could only be used in exchange for Enuo's immortality; the people of Earth used this to their advantage and defeated him with the 12 Legendary Weapons. Enuo's spirit fled into the Forest of Moore, and hid inside a tree while he regained his strength. For almost a millennium the spirit of Enuo resided inside that tree and eventually merged with the tree to become X-Death."

If this is true, then Enuo is Ex-Death. The background is the same of the Neo Ex-Death, so, in my opinion, Enuo is probably a third(final) form of the final boss.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unfortunately, it is stated in-game (by one of the Mirage villagers) that Enuo got sucked into the Void. Besides that, it would just be silly to add another form to the final boss. Superbosses are usually added to bonus dungeons.

Maybe it's like in FFIV:A, and the optional dungeon is only available after you beat the game... something like:
    After defeating Ex-Death, Enuo's spirit is released and escapes to the deepest levels of the Void to absorb the very essence of the Void.
    Something cool like that.
    Sigless

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That would be pretty great.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

If you defeat Enuo, you get the necromancer class, heard from somebody who did beat him. The optional dungeon is very hard, good, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    If you defeat Enuo, you get the necromancer class, heard from somebody who did beat him. The optional dungeon is very hard, good, no?
    Good indeed

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Wikipedia information:
    "One thousand years ago, the immortal mage Enuo tried to take over the world using the power of the Void. However, this power could only be used in exchange for Enuo's immortality; the people of Earth used this to their advantage and defeated him with the 12 Legendary Weapons. Enuo's spirit fled into the Forest of Moore, and hid inside a tree while he regained his strength. For almost a millennium the spirit of Enuo resided inside that tree and eventually merged with the tree to become X-Death."

If this is true, then Enuo is Ex-Death. The background is the same of the Neo Ex-Death, so, in my opinion, Enuo is probably a third(final) form of the final boss.
    I remember now!!! :rolleyes2

Thanks!!!!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Unfortunately, it is stated in-game (by one of the Mirage villagers) that Enuo got sucked into the Void. Besides that, it would just be silly to add another form to the final boss. Superbosses are usually added to bonus dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Is this actually true? I thought the only two classes being added to this game were the canoneer and the gladiator.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are also two other reported classes (which have screenshots now to confirm them), Prophet and Necromancer. I know that there's a pretty recent thread that has a screen of the party using the Prophet class around here.

So yeah, four whole new classes. It's gonna be tasty.

[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]. I'm looking forward to this even more now.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Crystal View Post
    Wikipedia information:

thanks for reminding me how X-death was created. i doubt enuo would be an extra form and i dont think he'd be a replacement boss.

neo X-death is the full power of the void merged with his powers so perhaps when he dies his spirit could recreate enuo or something like that because i think its going to be similar to FF4A's extra dungeon and it gives a reason to why you can enter the dungeon until you complete the game. but i dont know. it'll be interesting to see how it works.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Unfortunately, it is stated in-game (by one of the Mirage villagers) that Enuo got sucked into the Void.
    So he isn't living, and he isn't an evil tree. Enuo isn't X-Death. But NED is up to interpretation.