Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Final Boss Background?

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Best Final Boss Background?

Titel explains it all, I guess. Which Final Boss has the best battle background?

For me, this is an easy one. The best is obviously NeoExDeath.
    That background just owns all other ones. I was really impressed when I first saw it. Now I'm hurrying through the Japanese ROM of FF V advance to see if they didn't mess it up. That background just gave you a certain feeling that made you feel a certain something. It was really an incredible battle, the void going in all directions, changing colours, Neo's colour changing, Neo's shaking... Yeah, NeoExDeath definitaly has the best background, IMHO.

Second favorite background of mine is Zeromus' one. Outerspace background is pretty nifty, I would say. Especially when you're actually in the core of the moon with tons of rock around you.

Third becomes hard. Well, I call it a tie bewteen: Cloud of Darkness' one, Kefka's, Chaos' one, Safer Sephiroth's, True Ultimecia's and Necron's... I just can't deside...

So how about you guys?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They all did a good job, here...I'd have to say either Neo X-Death or Yu Yevon's win in terms of trippy psychedelicness.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

The psychedelic backgrounds during the Neo Ex-Death fight always made me stare through the sprites and at the hypnotic pretty colors. <3

My favorite would honestly have to have been the background during the fight with Braska's Final Aeon.

In my opinion, I always found the backgrounds for Kefka and Sephiroth during the final fights with them fairly lacking. Kefka's just kind of made me go "eh", and for Safer Sephiroth.......well, there's nothing I like better than just looking at a swirling, white mass.
    The more consciousness, the more will; the more will, the more self. Someone who has no will at all is no self. But the more will he has, the more self-consciousness he has too.-Soren Kierkegaard
    Every people has its own Tartuffery and calls it its virtues.-What is best in us we do not know-we cannot know.-Friedrich Nietzsche
    Trickery, bravery: who asks, in war?-Virgil, The Aeneid, Book II, Line 517

Which FF Character Are You?

I liked FFIV's background. Especially how it was used for the attack Big Bang.

Neo-Exdeath for the win.

I have always been a big fan of Kefka's character. Almost, if not all, of the other bosses in Final Fantasy games have some sort of mystical factor about them. Kefka was just insane because he volunteered for an experiment gone horribly wrong.

X-Death never really did it for me. It has been awhile since I played Final Fantasy V, and I want to play it again, but from what I remember, he was just a really bad end boss.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I'm definitely gonna have to go with Chaos's FF Origins background.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I have always been a big fan of Kefka's character. Almost, if not all, of the other bosses in Final Fantasy games have some sort of mystical factor about them. Kefka was just insane because he volunteered for an experiment gone horribly wrong.

X-Death never really did it for me. It has been awhile since I played Final Fantasy V, and I want to play it again, but from what I remember, he was just a really bad end boss.
    This topic is not about who's the best bad guy, it's about the best battlebackground of a bad guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post

This topic is not about who's the best bad guy, it's about the best battlebackground of a bad guy...
    Ah. Well, that's my fault then. I was going for character background. Eh, I'd still have to say Kefka's. Far more memorable than the rest of them.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I think Neo-Exdeath's Void background was the best final battle background. Zeromus' chaotic background was also cool, and I enjoyed the swirling heavens of FFVII's final battle, FFVI's heaven background and FFI Origins' Space-in-Chaos background.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

FF1 on DoS is pretty plain.

FF2. pandemonium castle is a really cool looking final destination but the background for fighting the emperor isn't too great. its cool though.

zeromus and neo X-death were similar. i guess the only thing that makes them different is the boss, its attacks and the music.

when i first used the crystal and heard the awesome music it felt great and when neo X-death first emerged it was equally cool.

sephiroths was good but it didn't really impress me. it seemed a little bit plain.

ultimecias is good. the way when she summons greiver, the scene completely changes to a sorceresses, time compressed world or whatever and when the final form comes and theres the dramatic music as well as a cool background it makes it look more impressive but i dont think the background deserves to beat FF4 and 5's.

FF9. hovering at the hill of despair fighting necron. nah.

FFX. actually this is a really good one. you see the dream zanarkand in the background as well as the symbols and stuff and a huge boss. this is among the best.

FFX-2.pretty plain because it nothing magic or insane. huge robots just dont interest me as much as the rest.

i cant decide between FF4 and 5.

could someone post a picture of the FF origins chaos background because i've only seen the DoS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf View Post
    could someone post a picture of the FF origins chaos background because i've only seen the DoS.
    It's pretty much the same, I think.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

You know you're a loser when start evaluating backgrounds.

You know you're warned when you personally attack other members. Please do not do this again. ~ Zeromus
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nosebleed View Post
    You know you're a loser when start evaluating backgrounds.

You know you're warned when you personally attack other members. Please do not do this again. ~ Zeromus
    It's kind of sad that all you say is something foolish and thus ruin a topic in which people just look at FB's backgrounds and tell each other which ones they think are the best... I don't see asking opinions as being a 'loser'. So, your point failed, anyway.