Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sequel To FFVIII - Your Ideas?

Default Sequel To FFVIII - Your Ideas?

Now im sure everyone who is on this site must have seen FFVII AC, now if Square decided to do a film or a game based on FFVIII what would you like to see happen in it? Rinoa dies? World gets overrun with Chocobos? All women are soceresses?
    You tell me?!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

this has been discussed already and I think it was agreed that I put it best as to what happens at the end of the storyline in one of the threads located here basically there really isn't much ground for a sequel to VIII as much as I love the game there isn't too much to do most of the questions of the story line are wrapped up and the end credits shows what happened to the characters (enough that there is no opening for a new story) Therefore what you suggest is pretty pointless to discuss.

Yea but you would of said the same about FFVII, they wrapped the storyline up, then brought in the problem of Geostigma! If there alive then there can be another storyline thats just what i think?

Oh man, don't bring ff7 into this topic, it's like using a silent whistle that attracts a group of fanboys. I agree though, theirs no reason to create a sequel, leave it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by blade1001 View Post
    Yea but you would of said the same about FFVII, they wrapped the storyline up, then brought in the problem of Geostigma! If there alive then there can be another storyline thats just what i think?
    Yeah that's why the plot of Advent Children sucked.

I think that they should make a sequel game to FFV111 like they did with FFX. The end of 8 just showed sum video camera crap that really dosent seal the deal i guess. They should use the chacaters, same GFs same magic and battle system as well as the junction system,but make a more bad-ass story line but go and re-ferbish the graphics an sounds, making everything look smoother and more deatiled.

I liked 8 better than any other FF becasue of the GFs. Truth be told there arent as many summons like in FFV11, with the almost endless list of materia, but there look and there entrance and attacks were untouchable, mainly Diablos.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

A'yo people, I'm a new member and it just so happen I acutally thought of a sequel a while back. Check this out! Rinoa and Squall has a son and daughter and the entir family goes missing in an war aganist some new bad guy who has taken over Ester. The son rounds up a party with people like Shifer's son and a older Zell and goes searching for Rinoa Squall and his sister disobaying garden rules. He advenually finds his parents and finds out that his sister later becomes sorceress Ultamacia. I even thought of the battle system. It will have a Final Fantasy 10-2 battle system and summoning is almost the same. What's diffrient about the summons is that the main character, Squall's son, can become the GF by summoning with his limit break. But due to the fact that in my idea his the only character in the party that has become an up to date SeeD, he can only do it. Well, what do y'all think?

Final Fantasy VIII-2, THE PERFECT SEQUEL IDEA:

Zell is tired of Balamb Garden hotdogs. A man can only eat the same kind of hotdog for so long before he needs change. Something new. Something different. Something exciting!

Quistis tells him of a perfect hot dog called "The Glowing Hot Dog of Doom." He must have it. His tongue aches to have its taste. He sets out on a sail boat with Quistis to locate this perfect hot dog.

They sail the high seas, having many misadventures together, and collecting clues. Eventually they discover PuPu was mistaken as a hot dog and there is no Glowing Hotdog of Doom.

PuPu is pissed off for being mistaken as a hotdog, which is nothing more then a big metaphor to explain Zell's sexuality anyway, and eats Rinoa. With Rinoa inside, PuPu transforms into an all powerful sorceress named Ultimecia and proceeds to Kurse all SeeD. THE END.

That, or a new threat comes about and Squall and company have to combat it. That works too.

I would actually like a sequel though I'd like seeing Squall and Rinoa as a couple now that all their romantic woes are dealt with and are actually together. But I'm just like that

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I don't know, if it's bad it could destroy the game. I change my answer to no, because it's too much of a risk. To me, FF8 is the best game i played. A remake on the PS3 however, would be perfect!

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Final Fantasy VIII-2, THE PERFECT SEQUEL IDEA:

Zell is tired of Balamb Garden hotdogs. A man can only eat the same kind of hotdog for so long before he needs change. Something new. Something different. Something exciting!

Quistis tells him of a perfect hot dog called "The Glowing Hot Dog of Doom." He must have it. His tongue aches to have its taste. He sets out on a sail boat with Quistis to locate this perfect hot dog.

They sail the high seas, having many misadventures together, and collecting clues. Eventually they discover PuPu was mistaken as a hot dog and there is no Glowing Hotdog of Doom.

PuPu is pissed off for being mistaken as a hotdog, which is nothing more then a big metaphor to explain Zell's sexuality anyway, and eats Rinoa. With Rinoa inside, PuPu transforms into an all powerful sorceress named Ultimecia and proceeds to Kurse all SeeD. THE END.

That, or a new threat comes about and Squall and company have to combat it. That works too.

I would actually like a sequel though I'd like seeing Squall and Rinoa as a couple now that all their romantic woes are dealt with and are actually together. But I'm just like that
    Idea #1: Excellent

Idea # 2: Your too much of a softy Lunar.

There should be a sequel to ff8 because it was so much better than ff7
    besides ff8 is my favorite ff well my 3rd but any way as I was saying (typing)I think it really needs a sequel cause it ends at the wrong time what i mean is it ends with thr final Boss giving her powers up to edea
    then it goes to the credits.That way i think it needs a sequel causer it leaves out what happens to edea afer she recieve sorsiris(sp)powers again.does she turn evil or remain goodd

Umm, we already know what will happen to Edea. She'll be good, then get possessed by Ultimecia from the future, then give her powers to Rinoa and be good everafter.

Rinoa should die. Pupu should become the hero and set out on a quest witha whole bunch of smaller Pupu's and they destroy the world. Oh yeah and Selphie rides on a train throughout the game.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think the only way a sequel to FFVIII could be redeemable in any way, shape, or form, is if it featured none of the characters from the original, and simply took place in the same world. Well, Zell could stay. It should just be about Zell. Driving those silly little cars around or something. Yeah, that would be entertaining.