Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people hate Sony so much?

Why do people hate Sony so much?

This is something that I have noticed on other Forums and I'd like to bring a discussion here. Quite simply... why do people hate Sony so much? Nintendo and Microsoft hardly get any criticisms now, but Sony seems to get relentless hatred while in most peoples eyes, Nintendo can do no wrong.

Now understand this. I am NOT a fanboy. I have ALL the major consoles (which means XBox/360/PS2/GC/Dremcast/N64/PSP/DS and GBA) and my favourite games are spread across all the consoles (games like Rez, Paper Mario, God of War, Ninja Gaiden, etc...) I love all the consoles.

But I dislike the way people praise Nintendo all the time, yet really hate Sony. People seem to forget that the reason Sony PlayStation came into existence is because of the way Nintendo messed them around, back-stabbed them and eventually chose Philips CDi as a co-developer after making plans with Sony for years. And in the early 90's, Nintendo extorted as much money as they could from games developers by charging them sky high fees for licenses and development kits, which meant customers paid far too much for the cartridges. Sony has done a lot for gamers, probably more then Nintendo, but since they have become the premier company they seem to be an open target for everyone to take shots at.

I don't have a problem with them at all. I think they're getting criticism at the moment because of the price of their new system and the way they marketed some things. It's nothing so dramatic that it will topple the company though. I don't hate Sony, but they do things that bug me like all companies do, and then I utilize my time wisely by going on a forum and complaining about it, which, as we all know, changes the world.

People must not hate them too much since all 400,000 launch day PS3s are already pre-ordered.

Blog Entries

People generally seem to hate Sony because of the price of the PS3, and then exaggerate other problems that wouldn't even be considered if the system were cheaper.

Also, it's cool to hate Sony.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Also, it's cool to hate Sony.
    Yup, that's pretty much the only reason. Jumping on the bandwagon as they say.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

People hate Sony for a price tag. Thats it. Nintendo fanboys have finally got their chance to strike Sony after years, as you can see, they went all out. Im sorta ashamed to be a gamer, being assosiated with people who say "RIIIIDDDGGGGEEE RAAAACCCEERRR" for the hundreth time makes me bow my head in shame.
    Last edited by Dreddz; 10-12-2006 at 06:39 PM.

Considering that were on a FF forum, and the last 6 or so FF games have been on a Sony system, I really don't know.

Personally, I love them, yeah there systems are not that reliable, but hell, they have all the good games.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

People dislike the PS3 for legitimate reasons.

People hate the PS3 because they're mindless fanboys.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

My only gripe with Sony is faulty hardware.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't hate Sony, I just haven't been entertained by their consoles and games (with a few noteable exceptions) over the years. Nintendo have always provided me with great consoles and great games - except for Mario 64, which completely sucked.

So, I don't hate them, I simply prefer Ninty.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    People dislike the PS3 for legitimate reasons.

People hate the PS3 because they're mindless fanboys.
    that is about right.
    I do dislike Sony because of thier hand in the financial market and their trying to bastardise the music industry, but that is way beside the point. Sony is a company that you pray always has competition. Much like Microsoft.

I think the comparison has been made before, about the ps3 getting n64-esque. I feel that is a gernerally sound observation to forecast on. It also goes to show, that even nintendo has the same interests; or had, in the past.

People are taking a disliking to Sony due to the massive crap the PS3 is having just to make sure they squeeze every dollar out of the gamer's wallet. Expensive hardware and software, only offering so few games worthy of the PS3's launch, the arrogance that makes them seem like they got their heads so far up their asses they love the smell of their own farts.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrick Holmes View Post
    People are taking a disliking to Sony due to the massive crap the PS3 is having just to make sure they squeeze every dollar out of the gamer's wallet. Expensive hardware and software, only offering so few games worthy of the PS3's launch, the arrogance that makes them seem like they got their heads so far up their asses they love the smell of their own farts.
    Funny thing is, nentdo started the processes via license control on video games so that they could work on nintedo. Which tiger electronics bypassed. All three companies are all the same coorperations. Sony, at least, is being inovative with graphics, where as Nintendo is innovating in other areas, and Microsoft is staying with classical gaming and speedy deleiveries.

I honestly think this is basically going to divide up gamers and game styles indefinately. Sony = hardcore, Microsoft = median while nintendo will cater to the lighter core gamer.

Im a Sony fangirl, have lots of Sony merchandise. I dont have a problem with them at all.

This reminds me of this comic.

:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/astranged_airman/20061011.jpg[/img]-->

Don't post images with words that are filtered.

~Void

Classic