Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121626 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill and other sigs

YEA! You're getting really good babe! Keep it up!

Like Stoner says, your getting good! The text could use some work but the rest of you're new sig looks great. Keep up the good work =p

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

IceAngel are you using GIMP[I don't remember, I may have asked before, but the brushes I see on the sigs and some of the effects remind me more of gimp than photoshop]?

The reason I ask is cause your text looks real choppy and I know one of the gimps options in the text area can do that to the text. Don't recall which but you may want to play with that, because the choppiness can be real distracting to your otherwise good work.

Also working with blend modes can be an *easy* way to try and get your text to 'fit' better with the sig.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Blog Entries

Yes, I know about that option (I tried the outline) but is really complicated! The one I made turned out like this

I've made others with the permission of a deviantart artist! I really have to thank him for letting me make banners with his work!
    Oh you can his work here!

This one has a better complicated meaning,it represents death by drowning! ^^"

Last edited by Polaris; 01-12-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Forgot the link to dashivain!

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

They are still jagged. Perhaps try turning antialiasing on if it isn't already? Hinting may also help though I am not 100% sure of all that it does.

Anyways these recent ones aren't as good as some of your previous. Something else I am seeing is text placement could sometimes be better. Such as in your first new one in this last post of yours. The text " I am Stoner" could have been placed much better, imo. Setting it on top of a busy 'render part' can be detrimental unless you are really good with text of if the circumstances aren't right. But generally speaking you want to put the text in a slightly less busy spot. Not only does it than not feel as 'slapped on' but you also fill space that may otherwise make it feel like it has empty spots.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

get ride of the choopy text and you'll be great. keep at it.
    I <3 you Polaris
    ~Antratica forum~ You know you want to join =p

Honestly...your style...haven't change from the start...white/black/mono colours text...and single coloured BG...no offence intended just opinion...you've to try to keep the colour of the render for just this once...your sig will look better...and for just this once make at most 330X120?Coz yours are forver that big in size...

PS:Really no offence intended...

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

Blog Entries

This is not a banner this was an experience for a photomanipulation... it turned out like this!

I think you should keep to the big ones that you make, since they look alot better than the small banners you do. try to play with GIMP, Ice Angel.
    I believe you have such an unique style, it isn't as much common in this forum, the images you use are so beautiful and meaningful something most of us fail at doing.
    Just keep at it and try hard, you'll do just fine.
    I <3 you Polaris

Blog Entries

Sorry I had to get rid of that bird! So I followed Owens advice and it turn our like this!

Its' call "Will she make it?"

Credits go to Lockstock
    Pacy4
    Last edited by Polaris; 01-12-2007 at 06:02 PM.

It is so beautiful. You did good by playing around with filters. keep at it, Ice Angel.
    I <3 you Polaris

Blog Entries

A girly one

Last edited by Polaris; 05-10-2007 at 05:37 PM.

I think you are getting really good at GIMP, Ice Angel. All you need to do now is practice more.
    I like this, very girlish.
    I <3 you Polaris

Blog Entries

My style changed a lot since the last time I posted somthing here... Lets' see

My first try

my latest

Blog Entries

Default New gen of siggys

Ok I haven't posted here for a while and now I decided to post again... even though people may not be very interested...

I gave up using brushes and I'm just using renders and brushes that came with GIMP