Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last boss!! [spoilers]

Default Last boss!! [spoilers]

So, who else thought that Zeromus was among the harder final bosses from the FF games? I mean, with Kefka or Sephiroth, by the time you can get to him, you can usually take him right then and there. But with Zeromus, you can usually get to him by level 50 or so. And you don't stand the slightest chance until you hit level 60, unless you're ridiculously good at the game.

I think they may have made him a bit too hard, even on FF4 easy type. I got to him for the first time in 1993, but I didn't beat him until about 1999 or so. It's not that I was trying everyday for that whole time period, but it goes to show that he was so frustrating that I'd actually just lay the game down and play something else for a bit, rather than keeping on with the leveling and finding a way to beat him.

What did you all think?
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default And I'm not just saying this because.

There's a great Rengori quote I could insert here, but yeah, he's definitely among the harder final bosses. Of course, this was back when difficult final bosses were actually a priority, so...

I often have a really hard time with him unless I dupe some Excaliburs. And even then he's really annoying.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

In the US FF II I beat him in my first try.
    In teh GBA version he kicked my behind 5 times before I finally could beat him. He used Big Bang every turn and healing was a pain...
    Now with all Ultimate Weapons, I screw him, and with soem mega-elixers he has become quite easy, but I still need to watch out, for hsi Big Bang still takes away 2000 HP with everyone.

So yeah, he is one of the thougher cookies in FF. But Neo-X-Death was harder, IMO.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I could point out he's possible with a single character, but I hate to repeat myself.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    I think they may have made him a bit too hard, even on FF4 easy type. I got to him for the first time in 1993
    Just so you know, the American SNES version of FFIV isn't FFIV Easy Type. Easy Type is even...well, easier.

FF4 final boss I killed it with my first attempt...

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

The first time I played through, I was slightly underleveled and more or less was told by Zeromus to sit in the car. And then I leveled up to ~60, and didn't seem to have much difficulty. I beat the GBA version at around level 50 or so and didn't have any trouble at all, though.

Neo-Exdeath is harder.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

yeah. neo X-death takes longer and has loads of HP, has ultragust and the grand cross type attack along with flare. i beat him at level 39. i got everyone as a summoner with white mage or something like that and just bahamutted away at him.

a very tough boss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    I think they may have made him a bit too hard, even on FF4 easy type. I got to him for the first time in 1993
    Just so you know, the American SNES version of FFIV isn't FFIV Easy Type. Easy Type is even...well, easier.
    The part entitled The Incredible Invisible Treasure!. Can that be found on the GBA version?

Heck, the whole game is pretty hard--and certainly so on the first run-through. If you know what you're doing I'm guessing you could get through relatively unscathed, but it's definitely the type of game where if you make a mistake you can get hurt bad (ie try casting Holy against a Behemoth) no matter what level you're at.

I defeated Zeromus last night for the first time, and even with levels in the high 70s, the battle was pretty intense. For the amount of relatively mindless leveling the game encouraged, at least the payoff in terms of the story, final level, and final battle, made it worth it.

FFIV = Double Plus Good

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

zeromus was tough, but FFIV is one of my favorites for levelling up in and the last boss music is fantastic, in fact the whole game is just great, the only FF game i have immediatly started again after completeing it

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Znake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    The part entitled The Incredible Invisible Treasure!. Can that be found on the GBA version?
    Nope, no monster on the floor in the Lunar Palace, or Shadow sword on the floor in the Sealed Cave in the GBA version. By the way, thanks, Kishi. I lost the link to that site a while ago.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I also think Zeromus was amazingly hard, even in the US SNES version (FF"2"), but that was because I was playing on the fastest battle speed, which makes things a lot harder. With the fastest speed, Zeromus was hard until you get to levels 58-60+ in the US SNES version, at least for me. With the fastest speed in the SNES hard type version, he was almost impossible unless you reach levels 60-65, and even then he was really hard. In GBA, I've only fought him with the normal battle speed around level 65, and I found him really easy.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In the Japanese SNES version I first got to him at level 60, and he handed my ass to me on a silver plate. I beat him at level 80 or so.