Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips for Earth Eater and others?

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

I feel ignored, can you use reflect to nullify his regen?
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Check the edit; my original post was what I originally thought when I saw your post. I had to re-read your post again to see that you clearly did not understand, if perhaps it were for my inability to explain it correctly.

No, you can't null his Regen, since it is considered a part of his armor (if you want to meta-precise).

EDIT: WTFAKU? Dumb by argument? Forget what my new edit says, I take it back. I clearly cannot talk to you or convince you of anything, since you will do nothing to believe or find legitimacy in my words. You know what? If you find me so argumentative, then I will leave this discussion, and not contribute in any way.
    Last edited by Tavrobel; 10-17-2006 at 10:03 PM.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Wait, what. xD I don't disagree, I've just never fought Earth Eater, so I don't know. Pardon me for not understanding your noob impression.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The first and third paragraph are not directed at you.

The Earth Eater doesn't have the ability to Regen (Earth Eater has an undispellable Auto-Reflect when knocked down, and counters with Flare when attacked in that position), but Neslug does have Regen (which was what I was replying to in the first part of my post earlier).

the problem is the word That.

does that refer to EE using Ultima instead of Flare
    or does that refer to the spell ultima in general.

Ultima in general = IS
    EE using Ultima as counter = would be

? or am I missing something.

I'm not going to get involved in all of the "Jerry Springer show" going on, but as far as the EE battle:

I have auto-haste on everybody, which can be easily replaced by hastega after "revivation" from megaton punch.

then I use attack reels (max-12 hits at 255 strength, which does about 3 x max damage <near 300,000>) as soon as I get the chance. Then I "Entrust" to Wakka, and after attacking in-between more "Attack Reels", I'm done in a couple of turns. I wouldn't waste time "Blitz Acing" as really only does something like 1.5 X max damage. With a maxed Wakka you get as much bang for the buck as is possible, with fewer counter-flares.

Still, it will take mucho tim-o to stock up on those fortune spheres...

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farplaner View Post
    I'm not going to get involved in all of the "Jerry Springer show" going on, but as far as the EE battle:

I have auto-haste on everybody, which can be easily replaced by hastega after "revivation" from megaton punch.

then I use attack reels (max-12 hits at 255 strength, which does about 3 x max damage <near 300,000>) as soon as I get the chance. Then I "Entrust" to Wakka, and after attacking in-between more "Attack Reels", I'm done in a couple of turns. I wouldn't waste time "Blitz Acing" as really only does something like 1.5 X max damage. With a maxed Wakka you get as much bang for the buck as is possible, with fewer counter-flares.

Blitz ace hits 8 times at about 27000 damage and a final blow of 99999 damage. so hits for more damage than 3 turns of quick hits.

I thought attack reels hit 14 times but maybe im wrong... its hard to count. Even so 12 hits of about 45000 damage is 5 and a bit turns of quick hits (bout 540000).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Omega View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by farplaner View Post

Blitz ace hits 8 times at about 27000 damage and a final blow of 99999 damage. so hits for more damage than 3 turns of quick hits.

I thought attack reels hit 14 times but maybe im wrong... its hard to count. Even so 12 hits of about 45000 damage is 5 and a bit turns of quick hits (bout 540000).

You're right. I miscalculated Blitz Ace, but, like you confirmed, attack reels does more damage than blitz ace, but:

blitz ace takes a little longer, if I'm not mistaken, so two attack reels and a couple of attacks should do the job,

but: there is more than one way to skin a cat....I should know....I'm like the sleepwalkers from stephen king's movie, I've got skinned cats hanging all over my yard!

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

i have 255 luck for yuna and wakka and 100 for tidus and i say it was easy killing earth eater at first i used animas pain and later jsut started slamming it with attacl reels
    I AM MEGA-DINGO
    THOU CANST DEFEAT ME
    I HAVE 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 HP
    MAX STATS OF 255
    A MAX HIT OF....

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by !!!I AM MEGA-DINGO!!! View Post
    i have 255 luck for yuna and wakka and 100 for tidus and i say it was easy killing earth eater at first i used animas pain and later jsut started slamming it with attacl reels
    i have 255 luck for wakka tidus yuna and rikku now. I set my overdrive mode to ally (i think...where it charges on your characters turn) and just skipped turns to charge the gauge up quick. I eventually stopped usin blitz ace and just started firing attack reels over and over
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    No, Regen works so that it heals random percantages of a character's HP. Because Neslug has alot of HP, and therefore, if HP is healed percentage-wise, then it would simply heal more. However, I think you misreading the numbers, because Regen doesn't heal that much. The game's system only accounts for percentages of fifteen or less, and Neslug cannot heal that much, because his second form only has 700000 HP (1.4 Million if you include optimal Regen).
    Wish I was seeing things wrong, or else I'd be just fine. But I'll take a screen shot of him Regening, and it says 276,000 hp, no extra zeros. I personally just think it's a glitch, but what a crappy place to glitch out on me.

Yuna's Doublecast does about 65,000 hp while Lulu's does around 45,000. Rikku's doublecast on Ultima also does close to 70,000 hp. So, if he Regen's normally like the other games I've played, I'd so be done.
    BEHOLD!!! The 88 Plymouth Sundance!!

I hope this isn't considered very bad form to suggest but:

Seriously I would try using yojimbo. If you can build a good relationship with him (see the FAQs on this) then you can kill Eartheater in a short time with minimal effort.

Simply wait for yojimbo to do zanmato (Use Yuna's Great Summons to make sure he has full over-drive as this will seriously increase the chances). You can afford to pay him a decent sum (say between 5-15,000 gil) because you can often loot earth eater for items worth 50k, sometimes even 150k gil (or just keep the triple overdrive/auto-potion 3 slots if you like). Paying him more will increase the chances of zanmato and probably save you time and ultimately earn more gil.

If he loses, (doesn't do zanmato) don't save the game (it will screw up your relationship with him). Just reset and try again. If you're on the right lines, he will win roughly 50% of the time. Get Yuna's overdrive up again (that triple overdrive will help!), rinse and repeat.

The only downside is you will never get an overkill, therefore only I fortune sphere. But without a long and painful battle, and no need to have an elite party.

Obviously I would not generally recommend this approach because it makes the whole monster arena pointless. But to get the extremely rare and important fortune spheres surely it makes sense. Why knock yourself out?

Mostly in making this topic... which has been a while since bumped... I was wanting to learn why EE did not take 99k per hit from Blitz Ace even after trying to remove all defense from him.

As stated, I have no problem killing him at all.. it just merely takes 3-5 minutes to do so(ok maybe less but it seems a while with Flare).
    Yojimbo is a bit too unreliable for anything continual I would think.. but I'm not sure, and I don't really have an endless supply of money yet... just 2million.

But thanks for the advice on using him.
    Unless I obtain Wakka's Celestial, it isn't really possible to get much faster. Y would work a few times, but I have doubts about having enough money to use him 50+ times to get spheres for my main team.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ValiantKnight View Post
    Mostly in making this topic... which has been a while since bumped... I was wanting to learn why EE did not take 99k per hit from Blitz Ace even after trying to remove all defense from him.

Unless I obtain Wakka's Celestial, it isn't really possible to get much faster. Y would work a few times, but I have doubts about having enough money to use him 50+ times to get spheres for my main team.
    Unlike other Overdrives involving Weapon attack and target Defense, Blitz Ace does not retain the Celestial Weapon ability to ignore target Defense. In fact, equipping a hand-crafted Excalibur will do roughtly the same damage as Caladbolg. The World Champion however, ignores Defense during Overdrives.

Quote Originally Posted by cally777 View Post
    I hope this isn't considered very bad form to suggest but:

Seriously I would try using yojimbo. If you can build a good relationship with him (see the FAQs on this) then you can kill Eartheater in a short time with minimal effort.

You can afford to pay him a decent sum (say between 5-15,000 gil) because you can often loot earth eater for items worth 50k, sometimes even 150k gil (or just keep the triple overdrive/auto-potion 3 slots if you like).

The only downside is you will never get an overkill, therefore only I fortune sphere. But without a long and painful battle, and no need to have an elite party.

Obviously I would not generally recommend this approach because it makes the whole monster arena pointless. But to get the extremely rare and important fortune spheres surely it makes sense. Why knock yourself out?
    Yes, it is considered VERY bad form to suggest Zanmato. Not because it is cheating. Not because it is prohibitively expensive in the NA/Jap versions. Not because it kills everything instantly and is therefore considered cheating.

But because it costs LESS in the PAL version. And Americans will not stand while Europe gets the better end of the deal. Curses, curses I reap upon you and your children, you ill-gotten cheap Zanmato-ers! You and your accursed Ribbon; I indeed I hope you choke on that brightly coloured cloth that happens to be attached to your Armor!

And also, because knocking yourself out is fun. Have you SEEN a party die by Poison/Confusion/Berserk? Elite parties show dedication. It takes extreme button pressing skills to do that kind of stuff. Man, you gotta sit in front of a TV for 16 years before you can even attempt to hit that button hard enough. If your thumb isn't chapped, bleeding, and about to be amputated because of gangrene, that's not dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by My_car_is_faster_than_you View Post
    Wish I was seeing things wrong, or else I'd be just fine. But I'll take a screen shot of him Regening, and it says 276,000 hp, no extra zeros. I personally just think it's a glitch, but what a crappy place to glitch out on me.

Yuna's Doublecast does about 65,000 hp while Lulu's does around 45,000. Rikku's doublecast on Ultima also does close to 70,000 hp. So, if he Regen's normally like the other games I've played, I'd so be done.
    And Miss Car, I have a feeling that you need to start doing more damage (try 99999). Whether or not you are misreading, or not actually doing enough damage, it irrelevant. Most anti-Arena stuff is based on the assumption that one can do 99999 (125+Celestial for normal attacks, 225+ Magic for Ultima/Flare).

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    The World Champion however, ignores Defense during Overdrives.
    No it doesn't. Attack Reels can't go Critical either, which means Armour Break before hand is very useful.