Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips for Earth Eater and others?

Default Tips for Earth Eater and others?

Tidus
    255 str
    255 def
    150 mag
    255 mdef
    255 agi
    101 luck
    100~ evasion
    255 accuracy.

Yuna and Auron are in the 150s mostly(luck in the 20s/30s)... Yuna with 220 str, Auron with 255. I just need to move them around the sphere grid, but I focused on tidus for a bit.

Just wondering if I'm forgetting anything on Earth Eater. It's not that he's that hard or difficult... but it takes a good while to whittle down his 1.5mil hp.
    Blitz Ace only does 13k/26k per hit to him, while regular attacks do 99k
    Yet Tidus has well over 255 str, in the neighborhood of probably 310.

He isn't a challenge to beat at all, I just find it strange that he takes 3x as long to beat as Greater Sphere, whom is soooo much faster, and only a tad bit harder.

Blitz Ace will do 36-40k/75-80k to Greater Sphere per hit, and it only takes 3 of them to kill him. Theres very little chance of death, and with comrade and two weak characters + auto phoenix and auto protect on Tidus, the battle goes crazy fast compared to Earth Eater who feels like i'm wading through a swamp in slush while he casts flare all the time....

Just wondering if everyone is only able to do 13/26,000 damage per hit on Earth Eater with Tidus' Blitz Ace, or if I'm forgetting something.. as I try Banishing Blade first thing every try. He's no challenge anymore like he was a while ago... just slow.

Got about 20 more empty spots to fill, probably will put luck spheres in them.. as that brings me to the other problem. That's before clearing the smaller spheres however... which I need to go back and do possibly... but Tidus seems plenty powerful for now..

Jumbo Flan.... makes earth eater seem like a one hit knock out.... I recall casting up to 40? Ultimas at 30k a piece to kill this thing... I don't think I'll be raising my magic stat very much.. though I had wanted to for Yuna.

I know about the Anima strategy for Jumbo flan and havent tried that yet, but will.
    I didn't see any Earth Eater threads in a search though.
    Ultima Buster went down pretty easy.. need to do some more capturing for the last one.

Try increasing Luck for more critical hits.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

i spent the last week killing earth eater several times. yuna and tidus have luck of 230 and rikku and wakka have about 150. Wakka's attack reels do the equilivent of about six hits so that cuts down the final battle time. break hp limit with shell auto haste and immune to death means you can basically just hammer the attack button (curser set to memory and use quick hit) turbo controllers help alot
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

/nod I have no problem sitting there hammering attack with yuna/tidus/auron for an easy win of 15 attacks with 12 flares from EE and one megaton punch... I just wondered if there was a way to make Blitz Ace do more than 13/26k damage to him. To take less flare counterattacks, and thereby make the battle faster. Will try to play blitzball and get Wakka's Celestial powered up.

Otherwise guess it's luck increasing... which ironically.... comes from Earth Eater..

255 agility Yuna = 190 agility Anima...

2-3 pains per turn cycle... = Jumbo Flan dead soon

Earth Eater still takes too long though... guess im just impatient.
    Last edited by ValiantKnight; 10-17-2006 at 02:48 AM.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Have you tidus' celestial weapon?

My battles go abit like this...

Me.Quick hit
    EE. megaton punch
    me.quick hit
    me.quick hit.
    EE.flare
    me.quick hit
    EE.flare
    me. attack reels
    EE. flare
    me blitz ace.

n i think another flare and quick hit finish him. its about a 3 minute battle but then i fight three longer battles while building overdrives up again
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

like Ironclad, there just isn't really any super fast way to kill Earth Eater. This is mostly because his flare counter attack takes SO FREAKING LONG BUT AT LEAST IT"S NOT ULTIMA BECAUSE GOOD LORD THAT WOULD BE VERY LONG.

Ahem.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    like Ironclad, there just isn't really any super fast way to kill Earth Eater. This is mostly because his flare counter attack takes SO FREAKING LONG BUT AT LEAST IT"S NOT ULTIMA BECAUSE GOOD LORD THAT IS VERY LONG.

Ahem.
    FIXED.

/attack
    Megaton punch... someone dies.
    /auto - phoenix
    /attack
    falls on his back
    /attack
    Flare
    /attack
    Flare
    /Blitz Ace does 270,000~ instead of 99,999
    Flare
    /attack
    Flare
    /attack
    Flare
    /Blitz Ace does 270,000~
    Flare
    /repeat til dead

Auron
    Masamune
    armor with Confuse/Berserk/Stoneproof atm
    255 str
    190 def
    130 mag
    200 mdef
    180 agi
    20 luck
    110 evasion
    180 accuracy

Yuna
    Nirvana
    armor with SoS Shell and Auto Phoenix
    255 str
    255 def
    180 mag
    255 mdef
    255 agi
    17 luck~
    140 evasion
    255 accuracy

Tidus
    Cada... however ya spell it.. his celestial
    armor with Auto Haste, Auto Protect, Auto Phoenix
    255 str
    255 def
    200 mag
    255 mdef
    255 agi
    130 luck
    160 evasion
    255 accuracy

Rikku has her celestial, but isnt on the level of these three yet... 7000hp and 50-120 in most stats.. but wouldnt take long.

Wakka is close to Auron's stats, but I can't stand playing too much blitzball and its taking a while to get his overdrives... and therefore power up world champion.

Lulu finished her grid and Yuna's... thats it I think.. very weak atm.
    No i'm not getting Onion Knight

Kimarhi about lulu's strength... no i'm not getting spirit lance.

I take it attack reels each ball does more than 13/26 thousand damage? which is what each hit of blitz ace does to EE.

ie... i'm trying to find something that does more than 99,999 damage in one turn to EE... besides blitz ace... or to make blitz ace more powerful against EE It looks like thats only Wakka... but that means more blitzball. Quick hit won't help as EE never gets a turn anyway.... and i'm 99% sure he'll counter quick hit every time with flare just like he would regular attacks.

Jumbo Flan still takes longer, but Anima + Haste + Pain = more tolerable now. I need to max Anima's agility to 255 tho.. its at 190 atm.

Flare will no longer do 9999 to Yuna now though.. so overdrives will take a little longer to charge for EE. oh well.

/nod I know I need to play more blitzball
    /nod I know I need to finish making autohaste/protect/phoenix armors for two more people.
    /nod I know I need to capure about 50 more monsters and fight Nemesis since Ultima Buster is now dead.
    hmm what else left to do.

Help help help.

Well, for me, EE just went down when I summoned the Magus sisters, and Yuna only had 9800 hp. I just kept the three a float and then had Sandy and Cindy attack (if they listened) and EE went down in about 10 minutes for me. My Yuna only has:

9800 hp
    Nirvana CW
    90 Strength
    120 Magic/Def
    55 Evasion
    etc.

Okay, now I need to know something. Neslug, but don't stop there just yet, please!!!!

When I fight Neslug he goes into his shell within a matter of a minute or so. I take out around 1,200,000 hp very quickly. The only thing I don't have is Wakka's or Kimarhi's CW, but everyone else I have. The main problem I am encountering is not that I can't survive the fight, but that I can't inflict enough damage.

THIS IS WHY!! I think it's a glitch, because every Regen turn Neslug has, he gains 276,800 hp or 353,700 hp, NOT, 27,680, or 100, or 33,000. He gains almost 300,000 and sometimes 400,000 hp each turn I hit him. Even if I my Ultima Doublecast is perfect at 99,999 each time, it still isn't enough to do any damage. What is going on? My friend's game doesn't do that, he just recovers 100, 16,000 ish, and then 33,000 ish. But here, mine recovers nearly half a MILLION hp each turn!! I can't do enough damage for the life of me. After about 4 turns of trying to hit him, he comes right back out of his shell, and I start all over again.
    BEHOLD!!! The 88 Plymouth Sundance!!

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Reflect?
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    like Ironclad, there just isn't really any super fast way to kill Earth Eater. This is mostly because his flare counter attack takes SO FREAKING LONG BUT AT LEAST IT"S NOT ULTIMA BECAUSE GOOD LORD THAT IS VERY LONG.

Ahem.
    FIXED.
    Are you implying that Earth Eater casts Ultima off of his reflect-enhanced posterior as a counter attack?

Because that's simply not true, if only for the fact that the Ultima would pierce his reflect:]

Or are you just unschooled in grammar? Ultima cannot be very long because it is not in this scenario, therefore we say it would be. But it isn't. You dig? ^_^

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by My_car_is_faster_than_you View Post
    Help help help.

Okay, now I need to know something. Neslug, but don't stop there just yet, please!!!!

When I fight Neslug he goes into his shell within a matter of a minute or so. I take out around 1,200,000 hp very quickly. The only thing I don't have is Wakka's or Kimarhi's CW, but everyone else I have. The main problem I am encountering is not that I can't survive the fight, but that I can't inflict enough damage.

THIS IS WHY!! I think it's a glitch, because every Regen turn Neslug has, he gains 276,800 hp or 353,700 hp, NOT, 27,680, or 100, or 33,000. He gains almost 300,000 and sometimes 400,000 hp each turn I hit him. Even if I my Ultima Doublecast is perfect at 99,999 each time, it still isn't enough to do any damage. What is going on? My friend's game doesn't do that, he just recovers 100, 16,000 ish, and then 33,000 ish. But here, mine recovers nearly half a MILLION hp each turn!! I can't do enough damage for the life of me. After about 4 turns of trying to hit him, he comes right back out of his shell, and I start all over again.
    No, Regen works so that it heals random percantages of a character's HP. Because Neslug has alot of HP, and therefore, if HP is healed percentage-wise, then it would simply heal more. However, I think you misreading the numbers, because Regen doesn't heal that much. The game's system only accounts for percentages of fifteen or less, and Neslug cannot heal that much, because his second form only has 700000 HP (1.4 Million if you include optimal Regen).

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post

Ahem.
    FIXED.
    Are you implying that Earth Eater casts Ultima off of his reflect-enhanced posterior as a counter attack?

Because that's simply not true, if only for the fact that the Ultima would pierce his reflect:]

Or are you just unschooled in grammar? Ultima cannot be very long because it is not in this scenario, therefore we say it would be. But it isn't. You dig? ^_^
    N0, I'm 1mplying tht teh speel Ultymah is teh lungust an1ma7ed sp33l evar, n00b. I r teh has bst grammer! Eye em al5o in5ulted that u theenk so luwlee of me, n thet i are imc0mpet3nt and bl1nd with r3g4rds 2 FFX end gr4mm4r.

I'm a bit insulted that you would believe that I would intentionally mislead someone when it comes to gaming. If I had not earned your respect by now, I would have thought that at least I earned your toleration. I guess not.

Back to the drawing board.

Ohh, and by the way, with that bolded "is" and "fixed" I am satirizing your uppercase rant about how Ultima would be very painful to watch due to its long animation time. Someone needs to fight the Jumbo Flan, ohh, say, I don't know, twenty six more times? The next step would be to say everything in bold. Comprendiste?
    Last edited by Tavrobel; 10-17-2006 at 09:52 PM.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

rubah=pwned
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

k, grammar error then

No, you don't have any clue what you're talking about, you're just being dumb because you like to be argumentative :]

I was not saying that you were wrong about ultima's spell animation length. If you'll notice, I had said the very same thing. The only thing is, mr. earth eater doesn't use it as a counter attack.