Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

Thread: Last names for Sora, Riku, Kairi, and other kids?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YTDN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Sorry, everyone. I just think those names should be for Japan only. I don't know about "Riku", but "Sora" and Kairi" sound a bit American to me. Maybe we can leave Riku Japanese, as I could figure that he's at least half-Japanese, but Sora and Kairi look more American to me. We pronounce the names in an Anglicized manner, meaning that we take a name from another language and make it an English name. When you anglicize a word, it becomes English. I learned that from Wikipedia. So maybe we CAN give Riku a Japanese last name, assuming that he is half-Japanese, but "Sora" and "Kairi" sound more American to me. When you give a Japanese last name, though, don't make it sound too Japanese. It has to be a name that Americans can understand.
    Face it, SM. Sora, Riku and Kairi are Japanese names, and they were meant to be Japanese. Also, don't believe everything Wikipedia says, it's not completely accurate. And stop trying to twist everything to make yourself right. You're allowed your own opinion, but it's wrong.
    Then why did they name the Twilight Town kids Hayner, Pence, and Olette? Those names sound American to me.
    Just because the games made by a Japanese company doesn't mean they can only have Japanese names. They decided to give them American names for some reason, I don't know. That doesn't make the names Sora, Riku and Kairi any less Japanese, though.

not that drug dealer CelestialStarDust's Avatar

i still dont get why you HAVE to give them non-japanese last names...

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Hayner, Pence, and Olette
    Those are the accurate Americanizations of their Japanese names. They were not changed to fit English in any way. And when if you met a Caucasian person named Hayner, Pence, or Olette? I mean seriously.
    Sigless

i think i will give up.im tired of this.

Catapultam habeo.Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis,ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

why do you people care so much about names

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

We really don't. It's all just SM here.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStarDust View Post
    they probably ARE english(theres no such thing as an american name) so go ahead and give them english last names.but why is riku HALF japanese??and why are kairi and sora not japanese??why cant they be japanese??
    To me, Riku looks half-Japanese. Sora and Kairi, however, don't look Japanese to me.
    Is that your final answer?

????
    okay....but still..i think uh.....HALF japanese?how can you TELL??

Simply by looking at his face.

some of my friends look pure asian but some are just half could you tell in that situation??

Yes. Even if I end up wrong, I would have to know that all of them are AT LEAST half-Japanese, but some could by full. Either way, they are Asian, full or half. Some look more Asian than others, though, so I can tell if they're full or half.

i think you're lying.but hey,im not very good at telling those sort of things,so you might be right.and if they are full asain,do they HAVE to have asian names??

Quote Originally Posted by StarlightAngel View Post
    Yo. I dun exactly look asian, and my 'Void's been mistaken for... Latino? Anyway, point is, both of us are half and we don't really look like it.

Looks aren't everything. Heck, Sora looks definitely more asian than I do.

But I'm just gonna give up, 'cause it's obvious you are determined not to listen to anyone's reasoning and instead follow your own little logic thing that you've got going on here. I'll be darned if I knew how the heck it worked~
    wouldnt anyone..... *hits self with fake wooden sword until sky turns red*

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Your 'Void", Starlight? Nii-sama does not approve.

Anyway, this is getting nowhere, I'm shutting it down. Furthermore, we do NOT call other members idiots on this site. I do not ever want to see that from any of you again.