Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need new music!

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Reine View Post
    My favourite bands of the moment are Static-X, Lordi and Megadeth. Basically metal, the three of 'em. might want to try them.

Also, my favourite album of the moment is The Dark Side of Phobos which you might want to have a look at. (Although the album Shadow Zone just might replace it as my number 1 album)

EDIT: Zeldy got me hooked on Lordi
    ^___^
    I seem to have that affect xD

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

A word of warning, if you want to listen to good music, go for pretty much the opposite of anything Zeldy says.

Mmm...Lostprophets, Good Charlotte (even thought their like Power Pop kind of), Matchbook Romance, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, Hoobastank or you might even like Anberlin

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaincast View Post
    Mmm... Hoobastank
    There we go. I fixed it for you.

For anyone using Pandora this is a life saver:

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/p...ora-201072.php

It really, really helps.
    What I've been listening to:

Post-rock/Indie:

Explosions In The Sky
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Mum
    Sigur Ros
    Mogwai
    The Album Leaf

Prog/General Rock:

The Mars Volta
    Radiohead
    Porcupine Tree

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Wow, those guys are really awesome.

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

Ive just bought At The Drive-In This Station Non-Operational by Mars Volta and Im currently bidding on The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute and Flogging Molly - Within a Mile of Home.

Need a job now!

I dont know if this is the right type of music but what about these:
    Deadmaker-(I dont know who it is by)
    Chop Suey-System of a down
    Headstrong-Trapt

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Common

Nas

The Mad Capsule Markets

Mindless Self Indulgence (MSI)

Modest Mouse

Killswitck Engage
    Anywayz, I recommend you listen to Malcom McLaren's About Her. If you've seen Kill Bill Vol 2. then you may have already heard this song.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~ View Post
    Ive just bought At The Drive-In This Station Non-Operational by Mars Volta and Im currently bidding on The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute and Flogging Molly - Within a Mile of Home.
    I commend you for getting the Volta. There will probably be a definite "WTF?" factor upon first listening, but that is to be expected.

Try listening to The Tea Party, mainly Edges of Twilight and Transmission are good. Or you could just get their album Tangents which is a mix of most of their good stuff (although it falls short from some of the great stuff they have). Their new stuff is a bit more pop/rock but I think it still has a very nice sound (i.e. Seven Circles).

They are alternative rock, but have a very strong influence in middle eastern instruments and sounds.

Hmm, what else? How about... Alex Lloyd's 'Black the Sun' album, he's Australian so I don't know how you'd go at finding that album, but it's pretty damn nice. His newer CD which is self titled, has a similar sound but it's more pop than funk/rock.

I dunno, there's heaps of other stuff like Muse, Jeff Buckley, Radiohead, Days of the New, etc. Actually, I'd highly recommend listening to Jeff Buckley -- his voice is absolutely beautiful as was his talent for song writing. Grace album is defenately good, and you could check out Sketches for my sweetheart, the drunk. That one has some very nice tracks that were released after he died.

Edit: Oh, Elliot Smith is also pretty good if you're into the whole beatles/rock/semi-punk kind of stuff. So is Bob Evans.

And if you're ever into any fun ska, you could try Real Big Fish, those guys are pretty good, they do a nice cover for an 80's song I believe. XD

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

That Pandora site ****ing kicks ass. Thanks Roto.

If you're looking for punk, go with The Clash, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, Mindless Self Indulgence, The Dresden Dolls, and Bad Religion.

For the metal/hard rock variety, Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N' Roses, and Pantera are must-haves, but it's likely you're familiar with them. They're very popular, especially the first three. You should also check out Audioslave, The Donnas, Queens Of The Stone Age, Deep Purple, Jet, and Motorhead.

For progressive, I like Coheed And Cambria, as well as (of course) Pink Floyd and Rush. I also love Tool. I also hear King Crimson, Dream Theater, and Yes are all worth the money.

Also if you like Death Cab For Cutie, check out The Postal Service. If you don't know how you feel about either of them, check them both out.

I also like Finch, but try out What It Is To Burn. Their album Say Hello To Sunshine is alright, but I don't know, I don't think I'd reccomend a purchase.

The Beatles. Get everything you can by them. 'Nuff said.

If you're looking for grunge. Aside from the obvious option that is Nirvana. I reccomend Alice In Chains. They also say Pearl Jam is good, but I'm not familiar with them.

I'd also try out Cake (alternative band), I like the cynical and sarcastic nature of their songs. As well Nujabes (hip hop?), if you liked Samurai Champloo's music, you'll like Nujabes. I also like Polysics (New Wave?), great stuff.

If you're looking for techno or synthpop, try out Scooter, Daft Punk, and Freezepop.

My favourite band of all time is Modest Mouse. Definitely go for the Moon And Antartica album. If you like Modest Mouse, try out Wolf Parade and Ugly Cassanova. I also love Animal Collective, try them before you buy though, they're very different from other bands. The Decemberists is definitely worth a try as well. No Doubt and Sublime are also perfect for the ska punk fan. Bright Eyes is great, seriously. Belle And Sebastion is a wonderful band, if you're looking for softer stuff.

Radiohead. <3

I also love The White Stripes, and if you like them. Check out the Fiery Furnaces.

Franz Ferdinand is a good Indie band as well, and if you like them, I highly reccomend The Futureheads. The Yeah Yeah Yeah's is also worth trying out.

Now I'm just going to list stuff:
    Beck (alternative)
    Gorillaz (alternative)
    Keane (piano rock)
    The Killers (Indie)
    Maroon 5 (Rock)
    New Order (alternative)
    Oasis (Britpop)
    A Perfect Circle (alternative)
    Queen (I don't know, they mix a lot of genres xD)
    Weezer (geek rock)
    Last edited by Ryth; 10-25-2006 at 01:21 AM.