Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Need new music!

And if you're ever into any fun ska, you could try Real Big Fish, those guys are pretty good, they do a nice cover for an 80's song I believe.
    Yeah Take on Me, its great. And Ive got a Jeff Buckley and loads of Muse CDs ^^

lol, got most of the bands albums you mentioned Ryth, cept Radiohead, never liked them and White Stripes.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    A word of warning, if you want to listen to good music, go for pretty much the opposite of anything Zeldy says.
    >;o

Lies. Lies.

OK, you asked for it :P The following are some of my favourite artists that I would recommend you should check out (random order):

Rufus Wainwright - He's been called the best lyricist in the world by the likes of Elton John. He mixes Rock, Folk, Opera, Cabaret, Singer/Songwriter and Pop thus creating a truly alternative and very layered style. Check him out.. he's a genius!

Martha Wainwright - Rufus' sister. She's more mellow and singer/songwriter'ish than her brother. She's got an incredible voice and is a very talented lyricist.

Prince - Everybody should check out the king of Soul/Funk!

Kate Bush - A very alternative singer and lyricist mixing all kinds of genres. She's known for inspiring countless artists.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - A punk/rock band with the very flamboyant front singer Karen O.

Alicia Keys - An extremely talented artist. She's very critically and publically acclaimed and she really deserves it.

Jeff Buckley - A music legend in his own right. He's gained a big cult following since his death in the nineties - his music is naturally great.

Janis Joplin - A huge legend in music. Probably one of the most praised rock singers in the world.

The Roots - Although they are hip/hop artists they are not your regular 50 Cent/Eminem wannabes at all. They mix Soul/Hip-hop/Funk and have a very interesting sound.

...Meh, those were the ones I could think of right now, but there are loads more.

Not coming back. BarelySeeAtAll's Avatar

i recommend evanescence, trivium, black label society, system of a down, shakespeares sister, greenday and trapt, to name just a few!!!!!!

I am not a man

Flogging molly is cool. its irish drinkin' music LMAO Nominus ! beat me to it XD
    Razed in black is cool too
    X is cool old school punk
    The Faint
    You can check out Mike patton's projects Faith no More, Tomahawk, Fantômas, Peeping Tom, Mr. Bungle, John Zorn Or some of Al Jourgensen's projects Ministry, The Revolting Cocks, Lard, 1000 Homo Djs, PTP, Acid Horse, Lead Into Gold, Pailhead, Buck Satan & the 666 Shooters
    Clutch or meat puppets are cool ... (from my middle school days >.< )
    KMFDM
    Zwan
    Berlin
    Curve (sux they broke up)
    Rasputina
    Peace, Love, & Pitbulls
    Love & rockets
    Meat Beat Manifesto
    or you can check out some of my songs (i will be updatin' soon so there will be newer songs :bigbiggri )http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=90872

I'm sure you've hear of alot of these ... just checkin'
    Last edited by Fuego; 10-28-2006 at 01:58 AM.
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Classical.

Well you need to give more information than just "classical". Name some good composers and orchestras of the like!

I think you should defenately consider looking into a lot of Australian blues/roots kind of bands. Xavier Rudd has a pretty good sound, he plays all his instruments at the one time too! (i.e. guitar/slide guitar, percussion, stomp box, digeridoo).

Mick Hart is pretty good if you like Jeff Buckley, 'Still the Flowers Bloom' is a brilliant song. Absolutely brilliant.

And there's stuff like John Butler Trio (which you might have heard if you live in the UK), Carus, The Beautiful Girls, Alex Lloyd (start off with 'Black the Sun').

Oh yes, defenately get some of Augie March's stuff! Awesome stuff.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."