Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awake for very long periods...

Banned

Default Awake for very long periods...

3:38 PM, Swedish time

I've been awake for 40 hours now, and I'm gonna stay awake this night also.
    Lately I've found myself sitting and singing nonsense and laughing at everything, and it's such a nice feeling - kinda like being drunk without any alcohol being involved.

Do you ever do this stuff?
    Lalala...

Last time I stayed up for 2 days and that was after my first and last GreenDay concert. I was in such a buzz and so awake! It was funny.

That's not healthy. Though, depending no what time they tell me I have to be at work tomorrow, I might not get the chance to sleep tonight.

I always sleep, always.

i have gone one night without sleep and it's a horrid experience. your body isn't supposed to weather such torment so i will never do it again...it's like missing a meal or watching american idol; if you do it once, you know you probably shouldn't do it again

Psh... "un-healthy".
    Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    i have gone one night without sleep and it's a horrid experience. your body isn't supposed to weather such torment so i will never do it again...it's like missing a meal or watching american idol; if you do it once, you know you probably shouldn't do it again
    Missing a meal is easy and goes unnoticed after the usual meal-time has passed. :D

The longest I've ever stayed up was some 38 hours for my friend's birthday party. It was easy once the sun came up. :D

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sometimes I have to keep watch at night and carry on with maintenance of the ship the next day and this routine sometimes goes on for a day or two without me realizing it.

I think I've gone something like 27 hours without sleep, and at the end I was hallucinating and whatnot. I probably could have stayed up longer with the assistance of caffeine, but I really felt like sleeping more than anything else by that point.

Sometimes I get two hours' sleep when I have college the next day.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nah, I'm rarely awake for long, my body odour knocks me out cold every now and then.

Other than that, I have a pretty regular sleeping pattern.

Staying awake for that long can actually kill you. Ususally though, your body shuts down automatically and gets the sleep it needs. I'd not suggest doing that.

I've been awake for 40 ish hours before, and I admit that it was hard to get to sleep. But, when I did, I was out for almost 18 hours and missed most of the next day.
    BEHOLD!!! The 88 Plymouth Sundance!!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I stayed up 'till 2:45 am once.

Nowadays, I don't do such irresponsible things.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

I've actually stayed up all day, all of the next night, and all of the next day, which I would imagine would have been over 30 hours. It's all due to sleep problems. I can't sleep all night, then have to stay up the whole next day to ensure that I don't screw up my whole schedule and sleep cycle. Not reccomended to anyone, I can tell you, but it's not like I have a choice. It's happened several times.

Ball of Pure being sephirothishere's Avatar

the most amount of hours i have spent awake consecutivly is.....just above 72....

Sephiro this here.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I suffer with bouts of insomina not the weak type that allows you a couple of poor quality hours a night but the true type that stops me from sleeping at all. I wouldn't take drugs to stop it however as it gives me these really brilliant adrenaline rushes (well I use the term rush but its more a slow burning release) that keep me really happy and bouncy untill my body drains itself of adrenaline which allows me to sleep again. I actually really enjoy my bouts and like most Bi-polar depressives I would never stop suffering it if I could the highs are just too great.

Of course my body has to pay for these highs however and some of the payments I don't mind. I burn thousands upon thousands of calories more a day than usual which although means I am very hungry all the time as I have a pretty healthy balanced diet I also get to shed the stored unused calories so I go down in weight. The aches in my body however (general daily movement after about 23 hours or more without good lying down sleep hurts you a bit but after 3 or so days it crucifys you. my eyes become blood shot and sore not to mention unbearably dry. Lastly if the bout continues for more than 7 days I can start actualyl hallucinating in public which might just cause problems with work