Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFIII DS: Mognet.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

You don't need wifi, if you know somebody who has the game as well, you can simply go to him and sent him messages with the wireless function. And you can send them all to the same person. But you can't send them quickly after eachother. You have to wait each hour before sending a new message. But I heard this can be avoided by turning your DS-clock forward an hour.pretty sneaky.

So it's not horrible at all. If you know somebody who has the game, you can unlock all extra mognet stuff in, let's say, half an hour if you can really cheat with your DS clock. Send 7 messages to a friend like:

you "Hi"
    he "Hello"
    you "Thanks"
    he "For?"
    you "Being able to let me do mognet"
    he "You're welcome"
    you "Thanks again"
    he "It's no big deal"
    you "It isn't?"
    he "No"
    you "Oh"
    he "..."
    you "Hey, we have 7 messages!"
    he "Yay! Onion Knights!"

Well, I don't know how your mails look.
    And, for the Ultimate Class in the game that can deal more than 9999, it would only be fair that you have to work for it.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

That's good to hear. Unfortunately, I don't know any FF fans IRL, or even those who have a DS Lite and are going to get the DS version of FFIII. By the way, what is Wifi, what does it require and is it automatically included in a DS Lite?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

It's included automatically on the DS. If you have a wireless internet connection at home, you're set. If not, you can just pick up the USB adapter for around $40 USD and connect through the signal it comes out.

Nintendo WiFi is similar to X-Box Live. You can play with other people online, except you need to know their friend code.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo
    And, for the Ultimate Class in the game that can deal more than 9999, it would only be fair that you have to work for it.
    Well, it definitely can't deal more than the damage limit, but yes, it does make sense.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It would make more sense if the work was game related and not social

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

That would have conflicted with the working philosophy to which they apparently adhered pretty strictly during the game's development.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Well, it definitely can't deal more than the damage limit, but yes, it does make sense.
    No no no. Players of the game have experienced an Onion Knight dealing MORE than 9999, but it can display more than 9999 damage. But it CAN deal more than 9999. That is, if the players are correct. But I would believe so. Iwatched a video of some Onion Knights in Action. Their normal attack did -9999. When they had a critical, they did more than 9999 damage, even though only 9999 was displayed.

It's the Ultimate Class. 9999 damage dealing or more, able to cast all black and white magic, yeah, Ultimate awesomness indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    It's included automatically on the DS. If you have a wireless internet connection at home, you're set. If not, you can just pick up the USB adapter for around $40 USD and connect through the signal it comes out.

Nintendo WiFi is similar to X-Box Live. You can play with other people online, except you need to know their friend code.
    Ah, that's good. If I get FFIII DS, I can probably use the wireless Internet connection in the university, as long as DS lets me log on to the university's network with a user name and a password (only students are able to use the wireless Internet connection in the university, and they need to log on first).

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    No no no. Players of the game have experienced an Onion Knight dealing MORE than 9999, but it can display more than 9999 damage. But it CAN deal more than 9999. That is, if the players are correct. But I would believe so. Iwatched a video of some Onion Knights in Action. Their normal attack did -9999. When they had a critical, they did more than 9999 damage, even though only 9999 was displayed.

It's the Ultimate Class. 9999 damage dealing or more, able to cast all black and white magic, yeah, Ultimate awesomness indeed.
    So how do you know they did more than 9999 damage if the damage displayed was 9999? It could be that 9999 is the damage cap that you can't break, no matter how good a critical hit you get. Of course, if you know the enemy has 12,000 HP, for example, and you kill it with one hit doing "9999" damage, that's a good way to know you're doing more than 9999 damage.
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD View Post

Ah, that's good. If I get FFIII DS, I can probably use the wireless Internet connection in the university, as long as DS lets me log on to the university's network with a user name and a password (only students are able to use the wireless Internet connection in the university, and they need to log on first).
    won't work sorry. My school works the same way. It can detect a connection but you can't connect. At least not with any past Wi-Fi games so it's not likely for this one. You basically need and unincrypted free wireless service. Like McD's or some coffee shops/restaurants. Such as Fazolis near where I go to school.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

FFXIV Character

So how do you know they did more than 9999 damage if the damage displayed was 9999? It could be that 9999 is the damage cap that you can't break, no matter how good a critical hit you get. Of course, if you know the enemy has 12,000 HP, for example, and you kill it with one hit doing "9999" damage, that's a good way to know you're doing more than 9999 damage.
    Well, you can't see it, but people figured it out after they did some pwning damage. Could be a glitch, could be like that on purpose. It's just this: Onion Knights rule.

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    won't work sorry. My school works the same way. It can detect a connection but you can't connect. At least not with any past Wi-Fi games so it's not likely for this one. You basically need and unincrypted free wireless service. Like McD's or some coffee shops/restaurants. Such as Fazolis near where I go to school.

THE JACKAL
    I was afraid of that, too bad. I don't feel like going to McDonald's every time I want to send messages (if they even have a wireless net connection here), but if nothing else works, I guess I'll just get the USB adapter.
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That would just be silly. I'll have to look into that, I suppose.

Does anyone have any info on the Iron Giant super boss. Like how much HP he has, and what type of difficulty it is.

I'm glad i got wireless in my house.