Thread: Strategy Guide?

Default Strategy Guide?

I'm new, and was wondering if a strategy guide would help me threw the basics. Also I was wondering if they plan to put out a new strategy guide soon with the upcoming Collection. Ya know, including the expansions

Never buy a strategy guide for an MMO, just look up websites, they are a lot better and free.

There's Allakhazam, Somepage, FFXIclopedia, FFXIOnline, MysteryTour, etc.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Well its also partially for a collection, hence the wondering if they're releasing another guide

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Stuff is changing too often and too much in a MMO game, a strategy guide will be outdated in notime.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Stories8106 View Post
    Well its also partially for a collection, hence the wondering if they're releasing another guide
    Still not worth it. If you want something to collect, you should buy an FFXI art book, that'd be a lot more worth it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

There is a strategy Guide, but it only covers expansions released up to the point the guide was released in '04. IMO, it's a nice guide to have because of the job info

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Job info? O.o

We talking about the same guide that claims RNG in theory make good pullers? >.>

Either way. Big no no to MMO strategy guides, especially when it's compiled by those who havn't played the game. Such as the FFXI one. I felt stupider having even begun to look at the pages, how horribly wrong a good deal of it was.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Stories8106 View Post
    I'm new, and was wondering if a strategy guide would help me threw the basics. Also I was wondering if they plan to put out a new strategy guide soon with the upcoming Collection. Ya know, including the expansions
    Like others have said, just use the internet as your strategy guide.
    Also, if you want an awesome bestiary, check this one out:

http://monsters.ffxi-atlas.com/browse.php?act=listarea

I go here almost everytime I play.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

I have heard there will be a new "official strategy guide"
    but i can't access any FF site other than forums ... so i can't back it up ... i think it will be available in november sometime.

***EDIT***

My werk comp has anything "games" filtered so i can't even goto free arcade or POL.com
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.