Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon missing?

Default Weapon missing?

This may be a very stupid Question and please forgive me if it was anserwd before.

I saw the scene, where the Weapons appear. I counted them and i thought that there is one Weapon more than you can fight.
    There are Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Ultima and the Weapon that attacks Junon. Yeah good. But if I counted them correctly, there was one Weapon more appearing out of the crater.

Am I just stupid and can't count or was there really a Weapon more?

Which FF Character Are You?

A war is easy to win, if your enemy doesn't know that he fights

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Sapphire Weapon got one-upped by the Sister Ray. Seeing as it's head is somewhere underwater, it'd be pretty hard to fight something dead.

Yeah Sapphire, that's the Weapon that attacks Junon and get his Head shot of by Sister Ray. I mean not that Weapon.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryûkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

There are only five Weapons. What you thought was a sixth one must have been one of those five seen at an unfamiliar angle.

You sure about that? Could be possible. But I still think there was one more. If I remember correctly, five Weapons appear and then Diamond Weapon appears and shakes the Highwind. So one of the other five must be an unknown Weapon.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The game is almost 10 years old. I'm sure if there was a sixth weapon we would know about it by now.
    Figaro Castle

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

yeah.

find the video on youtube and watch carefully. you'll find that one of the 5 that come out is diamond weapon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

yeh one of the WEAPONS that emerges is shown twice, i counted this time round and thought "huh? six?" but then i realised i had counted one twice cos it is shown twice as it comes to life, and as it shoots out of the crater. i think it's diamond shown twice.

however i do have a separate question. in the japanese version of the game there is no emerald or ruby, so does that mean that the fmv in which the WEAPONS emerge was also altered for the international release?

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Yea there are only 5 and you can only fight 4 of them since one of them are killed for you by shin-ra (the only good thing they do in the game ha ha)

Are you guys sure? Cause I've heard of an Onyx WEAPON that appears below the Chocobo Ranch's marsh, and you need a gray chocobo to get it. Is it just a myth?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yeah, that's a very old and very untrue myth.
    Figaro Castle

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I remember watching that FMV almost frame by frame once. There's five Weapons, but I think one Weapon was shown there twice, so it was quite easy to count that Weapon twice. I think some of the Weapons didn't look too recognizable in that FMV anyway, which makes it easier to get confused when counting them.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    Are you guys sure? Cause I've heard of an Onyx WEAPON that appears below the Chocobo Ranch's marsh, and you need a gray chocobo to get it. Is it just a myth?
    Well to be honest it is true that there is an Onyx weapon. I fought it but its way much stronger than the others. In my FFVII it does excist.
    ~I am the Aeon of will and strength, I protect my beloved and that's all I wish to be needed to do~

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Breaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    Well to be honest it is true that there is an Onyx weapon. I fought it but its way much stronger than the others. In my FFVII it does excist.
    :rolleyes2

Weapons

You'll first see Sapphire, Diamond, and Ultima in close-ups. Then Ultima takes off, shaking the Highwind. Then, in quick succession, Sapphire, Diamond, Emerald, and Ruby take off as well.