Thread: questions for tried

Unhappy questions for tried

I want to play the game, but I want to know it is easy to make money
    in the game?How much money a beginer(lv1-lv20) can make a day
    (if I only play 4 hours a day)? How much money a tried(lv20-lv60)
    can make a day? Just give me a number!I just want know how much you make in your lv in a hour(just by Power Leveling)
    Last edited by redwolf64; 10-19-2006 at 08:36 PM.

I don't sell Power Levels.

You can farm a stack of crystals (fire water ice lightning earth light and dark) for about 1k-4k
    that is the most common way to start makin' money

at lvl 1-10 you will either get beehive chips (about 3k if memory serves) atm or silk thread (which i think are goin for about 20-25k a stack atm.) and this is subject to the server your'e on.

i am a lvl 58 rdm so i can spend about 2-3 hours farming and get 4 scrolls (where 1 is worth 50k 2 are 5-10k and one is 1k on auction house.)
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Moogle

-.-I dont want to be a farmer!How about just get money by killing monsters?

Unlike the other titles of FF you do not make too much gil by just killing a monster. (if any at all)

By farming i mean search out specific monsters to kill for the item they drop. collect a stack of either 12 or 100 (depending on the item) and sell it either on the auction house, in your bazzar or to an NPC (note NPC's generally skrew you out of gil, so its better to sell them on the auction house.)

there are other ways to make money, sell teles or warps. you can sell PL's. you can synth (usually better) items from other items. Also certain monters called NM's (Notorious Monsters) or BCNM's (Burning Circle Notorious Monsters) Drop really good items ... Missions also award gil after completion.... it goes on i think.

***EDIT***

Its not as easy as say FFVII or FFX to become an instant gillionaire, In FFXI you have to work for your money (esp since RMT's and whatnot)
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

You can get money by farming items that drop off monsters. Farming is just the collection of the items.

For instance, you could kill crawlers for their silk thread (i.e. farming silk thread), and sell the silk thread in stacks of 12 for a decent amount of gil.

Most servers have different prices for different things, and it's all relative. The economy, just like real life, goes up and down all the time; due to supply and demand. So I can tell you I can make 200,000 gil in a couple of hours at level 40 by farming tree cuttings in Passhow Marshlands, but another month of doing the same I could probably only get 100,000 gil in the same time period at the same level.

Usually when things go down, so do higher level items such as Hauby's and Scorpian Harness', so it's all relative in that respect.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Unless you kill NM (named monsters), the chance of getting a drop of value are very low.

Low level NMs that drop desireable items are Hoo Mjuu the Torrent lv16-17 in Giddeus. It spawns once every 1-3 hrs and is HIGHLY CAMPED. I mean, so highly the chances of getting it are low without a bot. It drops the Monster Signa, worth 1million+ gil last time I checked on Fairy (before I quit a year ago). Probably worth more now. The drop rate of the Signa is rather low. I've killed it 3-5 times with no drop.

Same goes for most NMs. http://ffxi.somepage.com/mobdb/nm.php Shows NMs, spawn locations, etc. Drop rates are low unless you are a thief, traditionally, for items of exceptional value.

The best way to make money is sell items you find on monsters, such as crystals. There's really no other way if you're low level.

BCNM are usually useful too. You can get good drops off of these. http://ffxi.somepage.com/bcnm/ and http://ffxi.somepage.com/enm/ show BCNM and ENM battles, levels, and drops.
    "In the garden sleeps a messenger."
    Arrode (retired): RDM75/BRD70/WHM65/NIN37/BLM37