Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting FF11, how does it start out?

Default I'm getting FF11, how does it start out?

My Final Fantasy 11 is in the mail, but I don't really know how the game starts out. can anyone give me any info on the beginning?

after you select your character and where you set your allegiance the game will drop you in one of the 3-4 areas inside your country. (IE Windurst,Bastok, &San D'oria are countries)

The game won't drop you in an area where you can be attacked ... but good news, at lvl 1 you can't loose your lvl

after that its up to you what to do
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Oh ok, thanks! But wait-You can loose your level if you die?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

you lose Exp if you die.

but dont worry! I like pie so its all fine.

anything else you would like to know? ?

Oh, then I guess I just shouldn't die then... ( Darn, Im good at dieing too ) I don't have any other questions, but thanks.

yes after lvl 1 each time you die you loose a small percent of exp.

as your lvl increases so does the amount of exp you loose when you die. Raise Raise II and Raise III all help reduce the amount of exp lost and time it takes to become unweakened.

But don't be worried about it, there is also a way to get exp bonuses.
    Empress band or chariot band.
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

You lose 10% exp after lvl 4. Raise will not restore any Exp until lvl 10ish..not sure exactly, but around the part where you lvl in valkurm..you will get 25% exp back if you get Raise 1..just not under 10 for sure. After lvl 50 Raise II gives back i think 50 or 75% exp back, and Raise III 90%. Theres no fear in delvling for the most part unless you just lvled o.o

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't worry *too* much about dying. Most of the time, lying there and waiting for a raise is gonna take more time than simply going back to your HP (home point) and running back to where ever it was that you were fighting. Of course this only applies to places where an HP is close at hand. But yeah, I died a bunch in the beginning when I was soloing by myself. So yeah, don't worry too much about it.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I think I've regained the level I lost when I died every time when I got Raise. Don't worry about it. In the early levels when the whitemage in your party don't have raise, you lose just an insignificant amount of exp. Later, when you lose a significant amount of exp, whitemages always have some sort of raise, which reduces the exp you lose a lot. Be prepared for a bit of grinding though, you'll have to if you want to get though the cool missions.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Your'e welcome. When you start, you most likely won't have to worry about that for a lil' bit, but don't forget to set your home point (for if/when you do die). There is also soooo much besides leveling you can do as soon as you start the game. I hope you enjoy it.

Dying and exp loss are only really issues in Dynamis or HNM fights (vs the nasty ones or if your HNMLS really really sucks.) Beyond that you shouldn't worry about death too much. Whatever you lose can be regained in a matter of time.

As for what the game is like early on. It's mostly solo to 10. Then after then your in a party for the rest of your leveling career to 75. Lest you go BST. Then you can solo to 75 without ever once getting in a party. Well unless you just suck as a BST. Like me. <.<
    This space intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Dying and exp loss are only really issues in Dynamis or HNM fights (vs the nasty ones or if your HNMLS really really sucks.) Beyond that you shouldn't worry about death too much. Whatever you lose can be regained in a matter of time.

As for what the game is like early on. It's mostly solo to 10. Then after then your in a party for the rest of your leveling career to 75. Lest you go BST. Then you can solo to 75 without ever once getting in a party. Well unless you just suck as a BST. Like me. <.<
    Or me !!!!

I am like the worst Bst ... it took me forever just to reach lvl 20 >.<

I'm still only 18. >.>

Granted I've long since grown tired of playing it. I much prefer PUP or DRG soloing to it. Well not so sure on PUP since thier last nerf. It'll be near impossible to take EM+ or some DC now. T_T
    This space intentionally left blank.

Here here !

I got to lvl 20 for BCNM lvl 20 (still haven't done it yet >.<)
    but yea that put me off bst for a good long while.

I wanna try drg really bad, pup not soo much from what i heard its not as cool as i thought it'd be...

But yea i have hung my CHR+ equip up to dry (probly never to be seen again) and gone back to my mage roots >.<