Thread: A problem

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default A problem

Ever since I moved to where I am now FFXI will time out on me every 30 minutes. Is there some settings I can adjust to fix this, or will I have to contact my internet provider?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

o_O no idea how to fix that one...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Sounds like an ISP issue. Call your provider and complain that their connection is unstable, perhaps.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I had a similar problem upon being forced to change to DSL (the only ISP in my area ... ugh). I did some tinkering in network setting from the first POL menu. I also requested a static IP. I'm not even sure which one solved the problem. But it worked for the most part.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The internet I have to use is wireless, but I don't lose signal when it times out. I can try.

Either you are losing signal but it's not telling you are (sometimes happens to me, I don't lose signal but it can drop to 1mbps, which for some reason screws FFXI over).

Or it's your ISP, or it even could be the exchange or something like that by the phone company (another huge problem that happened when I moved).

I'd say just contact ISP and tell them to fix it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I have a problem when i enter White Gate ....

Sooooo many people i loose my connection like ever 5-10 mins or i just drop to Rec:0% and just barely stay log'd in.

I don't know if it could be because the area you area in is overpopulated and thats why you're havin' sooo much trouble ...

But i am not a technical type so i agree with what yeargdribble and omecle ...
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.