Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FF2j Frionel/firion lv question

Blog Entries

Alright. Maybe some of my attitude from my less than pleasant gaming experience was bleeding over into my posting.

I'll try to be nicer on the forums. Or, at the very least, less annoying.

On another note:

If anybody else knows statistics on the evade deal, I'm still interested.

Thanks ya'll.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Evade is made up of two seperate numbers, an Evade Multiplier and an Evade %. The Evade Multiplier is the number next to the Evade %. It starts at 1 for each of the characters. This is the number of attacks that that character can successfully evade. I'm not sure how the check goes, but say a monster attacks you three times. You "dodge" the first one, and automatically are hit by the next two attacks since your "evasion" was used up so to speak. It goes up randomly whenever you are the subject of a physical attack, regardless of if it actually damages you. The chances of it going up are static, meaning you have just as much chance of it going up against a random Goblin as you do against a Behemoth, and it can only go up once. In short, you need only be targetted once per battle for this statistic to possibly go up. It has a max value of 16.

Evade % is the number after your Evasion Multiplier. It is based almost exclusively on your stats, and doesn't not "level up" like your multiplier. It is effect by your Agility, Weapons being wielded, and the Armor you wear. Agility can be increased by evading attacks (hence why, later on in the game if you've not been building Agility it can become hard to increase). Weapons have a built-in Evasion% which increases with your weapon skill levels. Obviously Shields have the highest Evasion % out of all weapons. Armor has penalties to Evasion %, and the general consensus is that most of the larger, "heavier" armours are rubbish since they ruin the best way to avoid physical damage, which is evasion.

The following armours have little to no evasion penalty, and some even increase Evasion by increasing your Agility stat;

- Twist Headband
    - White Robe
    - Black Robe
    - Power Vest
    - Thief's Gloves
    - Gold Hairpin
    - Ribbon
    - Black Garb

It is worth noting that one cannot exsist without the other. Having a high Evasion Multiplier and a low Evasion % is worthless, and vice versa. Obviously if you are late into the game it is much harder to level up these statistics as Agility only goes up as you evade attacks. The best place to go is the sewers in Bafsk, which hold enemies from much earlier on in the game (it's also a prime spot to gain HP/MP/Cure skill levels using the Swap magic). It will take a while, but since you can end battles quickly and need only be targetted to have a chance to increase your Agility/Evasion Multiplier you'd be surprised how quickly they can increase.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

In that case, I'm just going to play a game of pure mages. The most powerful weapon I'm going to equip will have to be the Aegis Shield or, maybe, the initial Axe that Guy has at the start of the game.