Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My lowest level possible challenge

I had to wipe my computer and I lost my progress. Soorry.

never thought about doing this, I'll try this, im always up for a challenge
    favorite FF games: all except the GC version

Omega weapon talking to squall,quitis,selphie"hello breakfest,lunch,and dinner"

Which FF Character Are You?

Smile Level 9 is the lowest possible

With 4 characters, level 9 is the lowest possible level to beat FF1 at. I know because I have done it. My only "cheat" was that I used a save state right before starting the battle with Chaos because it ended up taking me 25 fights to beat Chaos at such a paltry level.

The only experience you absolutely HAVE to get is by fighting the bosses and if you do the math you will find that that only gets you to level 9. However, without EXTREMELY careful planning you will meet enemies you can't run from and killing them will level you up to level 10 as Black Mage mentioned.

There is a method to avoiding these enemies. Final Fantasy picks a "random" number 1 through 8 every time you meet an enemy and it matches that number with a table that depends on which section of the overworld or dungeon floor you are in to determine EXACTLY what type of enemy you will meet. The trick is , these encounter numbers aren't actually random... there is a known sequence of 256 of these numbers that repeats over and over as you play the game. I came upon this 256-number sequence in a walkthrough and using it (and a lot of trying different routes through dungeons) was able to plan out a way to walk through the entire game such that I would never have to fight any battles that I couldn't run from. Very difficult, but possible. It took a lot of work but, considering this is my favorite video game of all time, it was well worth the effort.

If any of you would like to attempt it, I will happily provide further advice. YouTube didn't exist when I completed this challenge, but now that it does maybe I will make a video showing my characters beating Chaos at level 9.
    Last edited by canercoop; 12-20-2006 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Mistakenly quoted Martyr

So is it like the Random Number Generator from Golden Sun?

Enemy Encounter Info

I'm not familiar with Golden sun... I'm pretty old school when it comes to video games.

For FF1, I have attached the information I used to figure out my strategy for winning at level 9. The .txt file has EVERYTHING about how the game works and the .doc file is my pared down version of what you really need for this challenge.

Good luck!
    Attached Files Attached Files