Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My lowest level possible challenge

Default My lowest level possible challenge

Currently I am doing a challenge to beat FF1 DoS with the lowest levels possible, I will upload videos of boss fights to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=aquatius and will only level if it is completely necessary, also I am running from all escapable battles.

Blog Entries

Cool.

With F/F/T/RM, I beat the NES version at lv 7. (Apparently, some nutcase beat it at 6. But after lv 11, 9, and not 7, I doubt I'm going to be ablt to do it at 5, and I'm tired of trying. I'll take second place and be happy.)

But I'll be excited to see how you do. Beating games at low levels is one of my favorite things to do. ( I, unlike most RPG gamers, see absolutely NO need to max out levels and slide through an easy game. The harder the better, I say.)

I hardly ever see people doing FF1 at low levels, it normally single character challenges and stuff like that, so that's why I did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieforever View Post
    Cool.

With F/F/T/RM, I beat the NES version at lv 7. (Apparently, some nutcase beat it at 6. But after lv 11, 9, and not 7, I doubt I'm going to be ablt to do it at 5, and I'm tired of trying. I'll take second place and be happy.)

But I'll be excited to see how you do. Beating games at low levels is one of my favorite things to do. ( I, unlike most RPG gamers, see absolutely NO need to max out levels and slide through an easy game. The harder the better, I say.)

Level 7 eh? Ahahahaha. Sorry but you did not complete that unless you used cheats. Because the amount of experience points that the required bosses give you levels you up to level 10 at the end of the game. That is the lowest possible level for a 4 character team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage FF1 View Post
    Level 7 eh? Ahahahaha. Sorry but you did not complete that unless you used cheats. Because the amount of experience points that the required bosses give you levels you up to level 10 at the end of the game. That is the lowest possible level for a 4 character team.
    Really? Then I've been lied to.

Truth is, I made it to the ToF at lv 11, but couldn't run from enough enemies so that by the time I hit Chaos I was actually at lv. 14.

Thank you for bursting that bubble, ratbag.

The other confession, then, is that I only did it once, and I haven't played Final Fantasy since. Should I go for lv. 10 now? I dunno.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How in god's name do you go through Final Fantasy with levels like those? 0_O;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    How in god's name do you go through Final Fantasy with levels like those? 0_O;

Thief can run from pretty much anything except for bosses, Wizards, ZombieDragons & Bulls etc.

So the basic idea is to run through the game, and restart dungeons when you hit foes you can't run from.

Having 2 fighters (who will become knights) is the real key. You don't have to level them in order to gain magic points, (or strength like with the bb), and they're best weapons and armors are free. In the end, a lv. 10 knight with Xcalibur is almost as nice as lv. 35. The hit points are lacking, but the ninja/thief is running from every fight anyway.

Other than that, RM can use fire2 in the beginning, when it's necesary. Etc..

Ultimately, the hardest thing to do is beat the marsh Cave at as low a level as possible. I think that my failure came when I leveled to 6 to beat the marsh cave. I doubt the masters of beating the game at low levels would have that kind of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieforever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage FF1 View Post
    Really? Then I've been lied to.

Truth is, I made it to the ToF at lv 11, but couldn't run from enough enemies so that by the time I hit Chaos I was actually at lv. 14.

Thank you for bursting that bubble, ratbag.

The other confession, then, is that I only did it once, and I haven't played Final Fantasy since. Should I go for lv. 10 now? I dunno.

oh oh name calling! um um your dumb! hahaha....... -_-

Seriously, know your info before you try to lie.

Well, on DoS he marsh cave is easier, I beat it at level 4, but the piscodemons were hella hard.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can also just not reply so that this stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post

You can also just not reply so that this stops.
    Nah.

I like it how you point me out of the two of us. All I did was point out a lie. But whatever.
    Last edited by Black Mage FF1; 10-24-2006 at 03:57 AM.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If it were him instead of you, I would have warned him as well. Maybe I should have been more specific. Regardless, the childish pointless bickering stops now.

Obligatory on-topic: Those are some nice videos, gyrus! And thanks for the info Thieforever, but I don't think I'll plan a FF1 challenge like that anytime soon...

I tried this challenge myself a few weeks ago. It was fun during the boss fight's, but a little tedious while getting there.

If your playing the GBA version, you should have no problem successfully fleeing from battle, even without a Thief. The hardest part of it is without doubt the fight's with Lich, especially the second one (you'll only get through this if he dosen't use Flare, otherwise you've got no chance). The second battle with Kraken can be quite difficult too. On the battles you can't avoid there's only two that I can remember, Vampire and Evil Eye. You can also pick up most of the treasure in the game, just open the chests from the side or behind to avoid the battles.

Are you doing this challenge by keeping all the party alive after battle, or just whoever's left?
    Keeping them all alive will definitly add to the challenge.

Good luck with it. ;)

Wow you are one crazy guy. I can hardly beat it at all.(mabye its cause i suck, i dunno) good luck with that
    Chocobo's are cool

did you give up on this cuz i thought it would be cool to see some more vids