Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is....

Yeah, I've already heard from numerous people that RDM is pretty good at the beginning of the game, but once you get to the higher lvls (above 20) that changes.

As far as advance jobs go, I was thinking SMR Subbing NIN.

I like the abilities the NIN gets, and I've heard/read that, even though SMR are completely gear-reliant, they can perform better in big bursts, where as going for a long period of time can wear them down faster. I haven't heard too much about DRKs other than they are really good tanks and are pretty strong.

Changing Classes. At the start of the game, after you pick your main Job, can you go to the nomad moogles and change to one of the other six Jobs as soon as you start the game? Or do you have to get the other six starting jobs before you can switch to them?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You can be any of the six starting jobs at any time.

There is no SMR job. You either mean SAM for Samurai, or SMN for Summoner.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    You can be any of the six starting jobs at any time.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    There is no SMR job. You either mean SAM for Samurai, or SMN for Summoner.
    Thanks, I wasn't quite sure about that. I meant SAM.

Oh no, RDM is absolutely brilliant later on. Don't know where you were told it was bad.

Also, /NIN offers nothing for SMN. With SMN, you'll be wanting WHM to help compliment your MP (which is a huge factor for SMN), and give you spells like Cure (you'll be using these a lot), and other aid-spells.

At the start, SMN isn't used for much except healing and buffing. Later on they are massive damage dealers and the like.

If you meant SAM, well /NIN helps in certain situations. But for the most part you'd be subbing WAR and THF.

Quote Originally Posted by soulist samurai
    Changing Classes. At the start of the game, after you pick your main Job, can you go to the nomad moogles and change to one of the other six Jobs as soon as you start the game? Or do you have to get the other six starting jobs before you can switch to them?
    Yes, as I've said a couple of times already.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I haven't heard too much about DRKs other than they are really good tanks and are pretty strong.
    If you mean jacking hate and dying then yeah fantastic xD; Although i personally feel that a DRK could tank if they geared themselves to, DRKs arent the tanks, and are actually damage dealers.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Yeah, just check the small list I gave up towards the top of the post. It shows what job is in what category. So it'll straight away tell you DRK's are not tanks and they are damage dealers.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

SAM/RNG is good too ;o

Moogle

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Oh no, RDM is absolutely brilliant later on. Don't know where you were told it was bad.

Also, /NIN offers nothing for SMN. With SMN, you'll be wanting WHM to help compliment your MP (which is a huge factor for SMN), and give you spells like Cure (you'll be using these a lot), and other aid-spells.

At the start, SMN isn't used for much except healing and buffing. Later on they are massive damage dealers and the like.

If you meant SAM, well /NIN helps in certain situations. But for the most part you'd be subbing WAR and THF.

Quote Originally Posted by soulist samurai
    Yes, as I've said a couple of times already.
    I meant SAM, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    SAM/RNG is good too ;o
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. And SAM/DRG is pretty good I hear, not sure if they only meant levels 20-30 or so, but whatever, jumping is fun. ;o