Thread: Instant Kill Spells

Blog Entries

Default Instant Kill Spells

Which would you develop and why?

Doom
    Break
    Frog
    Exit/Warp/Banish

The concept of Doom seems cheesy to me, so I always go for Break, since I'd rather turn my enemies into stone. I have a feeling that Frog would have a large ineffectivity rate. I could probably level Warp from the beginning.

But I don't know which spells, ultimately, have the highest chance of success. Or if there are enemies that are more or less resistant to certain death spells, OR, if they're all the same and equally useless since bosses won't die, and regular enemies can be killed easier than by having their fate left to unlikely chance.

Share your opinions or your knowledge, please.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I think I went for Doom and Frog. Doom is Death-elemental and Frog is Dimension-elemental, so that means those two are good against different enemy types. I've only used them in the DoS version, but there they start hitting pretty well (especially Frog) when the spell reaches levels 5-6+.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

You forgot to list Mini.

In my experience Warp and Banish don't work as well as Doom, Break, Frog, and Mini.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Toad/Frog actually has a pretty good effectivness rate. So does Teleport. I tend to level those two. Besides, teleport has an added use.

I leveled Banish and Teleport, but only as an excuse to raise my character's magic

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Toad ruled FFIII after about the mid-way point in the game when it was effective like 90% of the time. I'm not sure I ever got it to work in FFII though. Break was my insta-death spell of choice as it seemd to work the most often for me...though a high-level melee character is just as good at the insta-death part and saves the MP for cure spells.

Toad/Frog. Although it dosen't kill them, just makes them hop away. I've been levelling it up against the Captains in Fynn, for the Snow Craft mini-game.

I used teleport to kill the adamantoise xD